Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   New dash project (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/137888-new-dash-project.html)

AZ Cobra Mike 01-27-2017 03:59 PM

New dash project

1 Attachment(s)
Code name "Migraine"

AZ Cobra Mike 01-27-2017 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Old dash

Karl Bebout 01-27-2017 04:36 PM

Looks good Senor Mike.

Danr55 01-27-2017 04:59 PM

Yes,, you are correct that. That is a dashboard project.

moore_rb 01-27-2017 06:40 PM

You're rockin it, cop...

You need to have it all back together before Feb 4

AZ Cobra Mike 01-27-2017 08:49 PM

I got all my supplies today. I think.

Tomorrow is sorting through the wires to see what goes to what and what I actually need. Then clean it all up and loom it. Fix the wipers, fix the turn signals, and make the new dash.

Then all I have to do is put in all the new gauges, switches and indicator lights.

Gofastoldguy 01-28-2017 12:43 AM

Dash

Mikey
Don't forget to feed the birds nest behind the dash!!
Thinking about you (well, after this next beer)

Phx Mike 01-28-2017 05:57 AM

Good luck Mike! It will be nice when you get it sorted out. Make sure you label everything (I know - pretty obvious - but I have learned the hard way)!

moore_rb 01-28-2017 07:24 AM

In my den right now, I have boxes containing: a glovebox kit, new vinyl, all new Lucas OEM-style switches and a new Smith's clock that I ordered from London...

Oh, and beer- Bumper Bill reminded me that I also have plenty of beer in the fridge.

and since I have to pull the dash panel out to re-wrap it and cut it for the glovebox, I figure I might as well just make a new panel, and re-arrange my gauges to my preference, too.

What I am missing, is the same level of motivation that Mike has, to go out in the garage and actually start tearing it all apart...

I'm thinking March maybe... or April...

or October.

Cobrakeith 01-28-2017 08:05 AM

Man I'm glad to see somebody is ambitious. I'm with bumper Bill, I'll just sit back relax and have another adult beverage while I think about things I might get around to one of these days if the universe aligns itself properly! Meanwhile I will watch your progress with fascination.

AZ Cobra Mike 01-28-2017 08:23 AM

No lie. 80% of the energy went into just going out and taking it apart. Now I don't have a choice, I have to fix it. The weather next week is supposed to get into the 70's and there is no better motivation than nice driving weather.

A good friend is coming over today to help so I will have someone to keep me on task.

AZ Cobra Mike 01-28-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore_rb (Post 1414262)
In my den right now, I have boxes containing: a glovebox kit, new vinyl, all new Lucas OEM-style switches and a new Smith's clock that I ordered from London...

Oh, and beer- Bumper Bill reminded me that I also have plenty of beer in the fridge.

and since I have to pull the dash panel out to re-wrap it and cut it for the glovebox, I figure I might as well just make a new panel, and re-arrange my gauges to my preference, too.

What I am missing, is the same level of motivation that Mike has, to go out in the garage and actually start tearing it all apart...

I'm thinking March maybe... or April...

or October.

What are you making the dash out of? Metal?

moore_rb 01-29-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Cobra Mike (Post 1414270)
What are you making the dash out of? Metal?

Yeah, I'm thinking that a piece of aluminum sheet is going to be the easiest way to go, and probably cheaper (and WAAAAY less messy) than making a new fiberglass panel.

It will be a game-time decision...

Gofastoldguy 01-29-2017 10:38 PM

Dash Progress

Hey Mikey...How's the wiring doing? Send some more pics of your progress.
Make sure the cover on the dash has just a little padding...It will look funny
if it's too thick. See 'ya on Tuesday.
BB

Gofastoldguy 01-29-2017 11:03 PM

Dash parts

Mike,
Check out these sites:
replicaparts.com (Mike Everson)
rtcobra@comcast.com

I also have a turn signal just like the one in my car-
Volkswagen conversion, polished, that I will bring Tues.

Also consider 2-3 braces under dash to stiffen it up. See
my dash on Tues.
Ciao

Gofastoldguy 01-31-2017 01:28 PM

Turn Signal

Mike...can't make it to Papa M's tonight. Will bring turn signal next Tuesday unless you want to meet me somewhere this week. Let me know.
Bill B

Danr55 01-31-2017 01:32 PM

Mike, if you are interested, I have a precut aluminum dashboard I am willing to part with.

Gofastoldguy 01-31-2017 01:44 PM

Aluminum Dash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1414528)
Mike, if you are interested, I have a precut aluminum dashboard I am willing to part with.

Mike...take it!!

AZ Cobra Mike 01-31-2017 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update

AZ Cobra Mike 01-31-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofastoldguy (Post 1414527)
Mike...can't make it to Papa M's tonight. Will bring turn signal next Tuesday unless you want to meet me somewhere this week. Let me know.
Bill B

No worries. I got a new signal switch and everything is working just dandy!!! Turns out the column is out of a mid eighties Mustang.

Side note- the bracket holding the column was all wallered out and I had to fix that as well. Gonna be one hell of a car when I get done.