Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   "SHELBY"s Featured @ CARS N COFFEE 03/04 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/137983-shelby-s-featured-cars-n-coffee-03-04-a.html)

hinoonaz 03-08-2017 05:06 PM

Welcome Jeff. I did not get a chance to speak with you. Looked at your car several times and Karl explained!!! By the way , what Karl said is true. See soon
Gary

Phx Mike 03-08-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCobra12 (Post 1417572)
Hi,

I would like to make an introduction, I am Jeff the Guy with the V12 Kirkham. Thanks for the interest in the project that is some 6 years in the making. Started in May of 2011 and loaded it up, not under power, at Dave's shop in October 2016. First ran under power in January 2017. There are some in process photos of the project on the Kirkham website and here at: Kirkham's forum under Kirkham Motorsports Tour August 2016. I would post photos but have not figured how to do it yet, this is my first post. Hope to meet a lot of the AZ club members in the future.
Best,

Hey Jeff glad to see you on the site. Good to see you last weekend too!

AZCobra12 03-08-2017 06:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome to all. I have tried to post a few photos but they have to be approved by the administrator , so have to wait on them.

These V12 engines are really beautiful torque monsters purpose built for Cigarette Racing Boats,very rare, and I had the crazy thought of putting one in a car, a car that would do one justice. You just cant see an engine in a boat but only rarely. So a Cobra was the logical choice, Right? To sort of have a jewel in a car worthy of it.

Dave and company did an extreme amount of engineering and work to get this project done. Kind of funny but the price of the Kirkham roller doubled in the time it sat there, so did the cost of getting the engine running from my original budget.

Hope to see and talk to many of you.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-08-2017 06:31 PM

Bill, don't remember seeing that car. We visited in January of 2011. Time flys.

AZ Bob

AZCobra12 03-08-2017 06:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome to all. I have tried to post a few photos but they have to be approved by the administrator , so have to wait on them.

These V12 engines are really beautiful torque monsters purpose built for Cigarette Racing Boats,very rare, and I had the crazy thought of putting one in a car, a car that would do one justice. You just cant see an engine in a boat but only rarely. So a Cobra was the logical choice, Right? To sort of have a jewel in a car worthy of it.

Dave and company did an extreme amount of engineering and work to get this project done. Kind of funny but the price of the Kirkham roller doubled in the time it sat there, so did the cost of getting the engine running from my original budget.

Hope to see and talk to many of you.

Is there something wrong with this site? I post on other sites and don't have issue like this.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-08-2017 06:55 PM

Jeff, it’s not easy to post photos to CC. If you first place the photo in your gallery, it’s easier but, you are limited to 150kb photos.
What I normally do is download and shrink the gigantic 2.2mb photos from your iphone to a more manageable size, say 500kb, with a jpg resize app on my desktop. Then I upload to my Photobucket account online and use their IMG link to post on CC.
See, easy. LOL

AZ Bob