Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Saturday Breakfast Run (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/138481-saturday-breakfast-run.html)

Danr55 05-15-2017 08:50 AM

Saturday Breakfast Run

How about a breakfast run to Payson on Saturday June 10? Leave the Shell Station on Shea and B Line at 0830 and head for the Payson Airport. Anyone interested?

MKS427 05-15-2017 09:41 AM

I will go.
Mark

Scotchman 05-15-2017 12:34 PM

I'm interested. Have to see how the week goes.

Karl Bebout 05-15-2017 02:44 PM

You know I will. Looking forward to a nice warm slab of apple pie with ice cream, for breakfast.

Cobrakeith 05-15-2017 04:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I will make it.

Scotchman 05-15-2017 06:01 PM

Why not this weekend ? :JEKYLHYDE

Unless youse guys have jobs ?

Phx Mike 05-15-2017 07:48 PM

I could go this Saturday. June 10 I will be in Seattle.

Danr55 05-15-2017 08:16 PM

When.i suggested this I was obligated for this Saturday. That obligation has changed. If this week works, let's do it too.

Phx Mike 05-15-2017 08:54 PM

Count me in

Karl Bebout 05-16-2017 08:40 AM

Well Crap-ola! I was really looking forward to going on the 10th. With Danr's 8:30 blastoff, it would be nice and toasty by the time we headed home. This Saturday probably won't be nearly as hot.

Guess I'll go this Saturday, anyway. Don't think anyone has obligated me for anything else.

moore_rb 05-16-2017 09:49 AM

I need to get my alternator and battery tested - battery has died overnight twice in the past week.

If I can get that taken care of before Friday evening, and if my work schedule permits, then I might show up Saturday morning...

Or, maybe I'll just show up Saturday morning, with my jumper cables in the trunk... :LOL:

nniets 05-16-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore_rb (Post 1422014)
I need to get my alternator and battery tested - battery has died overnight twice in the past week.

If I can get that taken care of before Friday evening, and if my work schedule permits, then I might show up Saturday morning...

Or, maybe I'll just show up Saturday morning, with my jumper cables in the trunk... :LOL:

You've checked for a draw draining the battery? If it dies overnight it's not likely to be the alternator (unless the alternator has a short in it).

moore_rb 05-16-2017 12:44 PM

Nope-

after the first time it went dead, I charged it (in the car) and it held that charge for over 4 days...

Then I went out and drove the car yesterday (made 3 or 4 stops), and this morning it was dead again..

The battery is old (January 2011) so it could just be getting tired... it has enough current to power the lights, clock, etc, just not enough to crank the starter...

I did notice when I was watching the voltage as the car idled yesterday that sometimes it would drop into the low 11 volt range before the regulator would switch the alternator on, and bring it back up to 13.5...

so, I've got two goofy things going on- and either one could be the gremlin.

Danr55 05-16-2017 08:07 PM

Sorry guys. I just got reonligated for Saturday. You'll have to go without me. A guy who is interested in Rick Riley's car was trying to get a flight fron SEATAC to Phoenix.. At first he could not get a flight, but later he found a cancellation that he picked up. So now I am obligated to pick him up in Tucson and take him to Ricks to see the car. Have fun on the run..

DrDuc 05-16-2017 08:57 PM

This Saturday at 8:30 at Shea and B Line? Ya, I think I can make it! Plus I like Karl's idea of pie a la mode! :D

Bruce

Phx Mike 05-17-2017 05:57 AM

Yes I am still good to go for this Saturday

moore_rb 05-17-2017 06:42 AM

My battery failed the load test yesterday. New battery is installed.

if the new battery doesn't die between now and Saturday morning, I'll see you guys at the Shell station

Phx Mike 05-17-2017 07:17 AM

Glad you tracked it down Robert. Battery failure makes more sense here...if it was your alternator it would not only not start but would not run (for long) either - you would not have power for your MSD box. When I was having voltage regulator problems I was able to drive about 20 mins on a charged battery before I got down to 8 volts and lost ignition. Not like the old days on points where you could run off the battery for a long time.

hinoonaz 05-17-2017 11:48 AM

Vikki and I can't make the run. Working !!

DWRAT 05-17-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1422034)
Sorry guys. I just got reonligated for Saturday. You'll have to go without me. A guy who is interested in Rick Riley's car was trying to get a flight fron SEATAC to Phoenix.. At first he could not get a flight, but later he found a cancellation that he picked up. So now I am obligated to pick him up in Tucson and take him to Ricks to see the car. Have fun on the run..

Good luck Dan, hopefully you can move it for Rick.