Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Sonic Night - East Valley (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/138603-sonic-night-east-valley.html)

nniets 06-09-2017 09:52 PM

Sonic Night - East Valley

OK - let's try this. Wednesday, June 14th at the Sonic Drive-in 2847 S. Ellsworth Road, just south of Guadalupe. Is 9:00 PM ok? I think shakes are 1/2 price after 8:00 PM.

moore_rb 06-10-2017 08:55 AM

yes... a brief weeknight drive is always fun.

I'll have to "eeny-meeny-miny-moe" on which kid gets to ride shotgun...

nniets 06-10-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore_rb (Post 1423563)
yes... a brief weeknight drive is always fun.

I'll have to "eeny-meeny-miny-moe" on which kid gets to ride shotgun...

Have Mom follow in the truck.

We could go any other night, but I didn't want to exclude Iron-Butt Karlos by choosing Tuesday.

nniets 06-10-2017 09:27 AM

On a related subject, we watched American Graffiti last weekend. There really should be some kind of cruise-in event in Phoenix for older cars (1975 and older), someplace where it's all about older people bringing their old rods and spending money, NOT about the young drifters and hoonigans racing on the streets. (I know, that leaves Broberg and his NOx bottle at home...) Something like the Woodward Avenue event in Detroit. It would need to be a spring or fall event when the evenings are still pleasant.

hinoonaz 06-10-2017 04:58 PM

Central use to be a good event

Karl Bebout 06-10-2017 08:05 PM

I'll certainly plan on going out Wednesday night. Might even be able to get my Sweeetness to come along, if she's over the flu symptoms she's having today. I'll probably have to grab a nap in the afternoon, since Wednesdays are my real early mornings at the hospital, but, ice cream is a strong motivator.

Phx Mike 06-11-2017 08:52 AM

I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday so won't make this one. Friday nights would be good to do this also (given that I get up for work at 4:45 on weekdays!)

nniets 06-11-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phx Mike (Post 1423613)
I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday so won't make this one. Friday nights would be good to do this also (given that I get up for work at 4:45 on weekdays!)

Looking at the distribution of Sonics in the Phoenix area, there are a couple on Thomas Road in Scottsdale that would be fairly centrally located if there is enough interest across the group. Easy freeway access from the 101.

Phx Mike 06-11-2017 12:54 PM

I would def join if I wasn't on the road this week. Thanks for getting it going Ron!

Cobrakeith 06-11-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nniets (Post 1423614)
Looking at the distribution of Sonics in the Phoenix area, there are a couple on Thomas Road in Scottsdale that would be fairly centrally located if there is enough interest across the group. Easy freeway access from the 101.

I'll join in if there is a Sonic a bit closer and there is enough interest.

hinoonaz 06-11-2017 02:27 PM

count Vikki and I in. Ice Cream Yea

Danr55 06-11-2017 03:16 PM

Keith says he'll play if we find one closer.. closer to where?? There are Sonics all over the valley..

Scotchman 06-11-2017 03:33 PM

Us youngsters are in bed by then :JEKYLHYDE:JEKYLHYDE:JEKYLHYDE

Cobrakeith 06-11-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr55 (Post 1423637)
Keith says he'll play if we find one closer.. closer to where?? There are Sonics all over the valley..

My garage :3DSMILE:

Scotchman 06-11-2017 05:23 PM

Keith,
If you're serving burgers in your garage, I'm there ! :rolleyes:

Cobrakeith 06-11-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotchman (Post 1423648)
Keith,
If you're serving burgers in your garage, I'm there ! :rolleyes:

Sorry Scottie, no burgers in my garage but I would like to keep a drive to Sonic under 1 hour so a Sonic located a little closer to my garage than East Mesa is preferable for me.:D

nniets 06-11-2017 09:02 PM

Can we get Padre Murphy's moved about 25 miles closer to Mesa? The idea for the east valley Sonic trip was so that we could have an event without driving through an hour or more of rush hour traffic. I was going to suggest the Sonic at Hayden & Thomas, but it's a drive thru only - not the same ambiance as a typical Sonic, although there is a reasonably sized parking lot. The next best choices put the driving load back on the east valley guys. Suggestions?

hinoonaz 06-12-2017 06:40 AM

We would like to go to Padres, minimum one hour from old part of Scottsdale. So, we need to start an east valley location. Ellsworth does not appeal to me. That is at least 25 miles for me. I have a DQ 4 b locks away for a Sundae. I LIKE THE idea though. McKellips and country club maybe. Just not Ellsworth for us. Gary

Scotchman 06-12-2017 07:53 AM

How about the 5 & Diner on Indian Bend, just west of the 101 ? :cool:

Cobrakeith 06-12-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotchman (Post 1423695)
How about the 5 & Diner on Indian Bend, just west of the 101 ? :cool:

I like the 5 & Diner idea, looks like about half way between Eastsiders and Westsiders. :)