Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   2018 az cobra picnic (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/139899-2018-az-cobra-picnic.html)

Karl Bebout 01-07-2018 12:56 PM

2018 az cobra picnic

Saturday, March 31,2018
9am-2pm-ish

SAGUARO LAKE. Take the Beeline from Fountain Hills, towards Payson. Exit onto Bush Hwy, go +-4mi to the lake's marina entrance. Bear left at guard shack, continue to end of road.

All cars need a Tonto National Forest Day Pass--OR--display your Senior Pass for National Parks and Recreational Lands. Senior Passes have gone well up in price, but over time, are still a good deal. Many gas stations, drug stores, etc sell the day passes and the lifetime passes are available at US Forestry/Ranger stations.

I'll provide paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, charcoal/lighter, table covers, grill tools, Mustard, Ketchup, Onions, Mayo, Relish, and of course, Jalopenos
Please bring your "protein" and a side dish or desert to share, and your liquid of choice.

Note the date is almost a month earlier than last year and the 9am starting time is also earlier. Hopefully, the Parking Nazis won't be an issue this year.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-07-2018 06:02 PM

Thanks again Karl. Looking forward to another great picnic day.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 03-03-2018 11:52 AM

4 weeks....but who's counting?

Danr55 03-03-2018 01:46 PM

One, To too two, three

aliedog 03-12-2018 05:59 AM

Al + Patty will not make this one. Have fun see everyone on Route 66

Scotchman 03-12-2018 07:17 AM

Ah shucks ! :( We will miss your dance shuffle.

RedSnake351 03-13-2018 12:36 PM

Looking forward!
Al, if you trust us, we'll pick your wife up!:3DSMILE:
Ralphie:MECOOL:

Scotchman 03-14-2018 07:27 AM

I trust you ralphie ! %/

Karl Bebout 03-23-2018 10:17 AM

One week, 22 hours, 46 minutes....but then, who's counting?

ITZA COMMIN'

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-28-2018 04:36 PM

Picnic time

Next Event back on top.
Got my protein, chips, drink, chair and pass card. Ready for a beautiful day at the lake. Might be warm and cloudy but not wet.

AZ Bob

Phx Mike 03-28-2018 09:02 PM

Not going to be able to make it Saturday. Have the Cobra into Charlie tomorrow to work on the distributor shaft seal (been leaking) and have another commitment on Saturday. Enjoy and see you guys soon.

Karl Bebout 03-29-2018 09:20 AM

P Mike, sorry you won't join us. I guess that at least now, I won't have to bring my welding goggles to avert the intense shine....

RedSnake351 03-30-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Bebout (Post 1441485)
P Mike, sorry you won't join us. I guess that at least now, I won't have to bring my welding goggles to avert the intense shine....

Karl, your SHINING personality is the real reason I'm a proud paying member of the Arizona Cobra Club!

By the way, what did you tell me I owe for the last couple of years membership dues? I know you said the interest fees are getting way up there!%/
Ralphie:MECOOL:

Danr55 03-31-2018 07:29 AM

Ralphie, next time we get together, I will have your bill. You can pay me now or pay me later. Remember, cash only. In God we trust, all others pay cash. Since Karl got promoted to social Secretary, I've been relegated to collecting dues and being in charge of rules of order at meeting...and if you were a little late arriving for the picnic, you discovered that the lake was full and they were not admitting anyone. I hope you all had a good time..

Karl Bebout 03-31-2018 03:10 PM

'Twas a glorious day. 11 Cobras, one TR6, one JAFM, one Durango, and one Pilot.

Way too much good food, lots of lying and bragging, and a good time was had by all. The park rangers kept me from reserving as many parking spots as I wanted but in the end, only one Cobra could not park directly with the rest.

Thanks to all that came out. We would have been hard pressed to have had a nicer day.

I might search around for a different location for next year, but Saguaro Lake is pretty hard to beat. Suggestions?

Phx Mike 03-31-2018 04:24 PM

It sure was a nice day - wish I could have made it out. Only other options that come to mind location wise would be Lake Pleasant or Canyon Lake (did they get that road repaved yet?).

Scotchman 03-31-2018 05:28 PM

It's such a great spot, let's just get there earlier next year, and bring donuts, coffee, and cigars to start the day off right !! ;)

Danr55 03-31-2018 05:54 PM

I don't believe any of it. No pictures......didn't happen. Dems da rules.. thanks

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-31-2018 06:10 PM

AZCOBRA Picnic 2018

Super day. Got there about 8:45am and had no problem parking. Did get busy later. Great to see lots of old timers and even a pair of new timers (Glen & Amber.) Dave, Mike, Bill, Bruce, Bruce, Hector, Karl, Ron, Gary, Greg, Ralphie, Scotty and many spouses. Nice spot but it does get busy and crowded, plus the restrooms are antiquated to put it nicely. Anyone live in an HOA with a community center?
https://s20.postimg.org/6u6cgvb0d/IMG_1743.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/3olqq2ki5/IMG_1745.jpg

AZ Bob

Danr55 04-01-2018 04:32 AM

Great pictures Bob. Thank you... Sorry I could not get there earlier.