Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Rt. 66, May 4, 5, and 6 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/140140-rt-66-may-4-5-6-a.html)

Danr55 02-05-2018 02:12 PM

Rt. 66, May 4, 5, and 6

I know it's still a bit early, but I was talking with Gary and Al last night about the run this year and it seems that they are a bit concerned with accommodations. Since we don't have an official "Ginny" any longer, I was wondering if anyone had taken the initiative to contact the hotel in Kingman to make reservations? I suspect that since there has not been a call for hands up that nothing has been done. So here goes.. If you want to do Rt. 66 this year, and you want to stay in Kingman with the club this year, hopefully at the same place we always stay (whatever the name is this year) get your name in and let's get this thing started so that if they or we decide to change, we have time to find an alternate location.

We will leave Phoenix on Friday morning from Carefree Hwy and I-17 at 1030 hrs. Head up I-17 to Cordes Junction and turn off to A 89a. Through Mayer, around Prescott, stop in Chino Valley, and on to Seligman where we will stop and pick up our goody bags/have lunch and shop.. then press on to Kingman.

I am guessing that dinner was acceptable to everyone last year and will make arrangement for the same restaurant. If that is not acceptable, let me know and I'll look around a bit..

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-05-2018 03:28 PM

Scotty said he has been calling the Red Roof Inn for us to reserve 10 rooms and asked for the building in the rear. The manager has not returned his calls as of today.

AZ Bob

petty43 02-05-2018 06:42 PM

Dan, I have already registered for the 66 fun run at the Fun House last year. As for the hotel we will stay Friday, Saturday in Kingman, so when whoever makes the reservation let us know. Carolyn and I will be there.

Karl Bebout 02-05-2018 08:18 PM

Have at it Danr. I'll miss this year, so I'm sure the weather will be nice. ( wind and tons of dust, last year, and the 100 year floor the year before). Mrs. Sweetness and I will be in Croatia. Sorry to miss the drive.

petty43 02-05-2018 09:21 PM

Dan just to make myself clear we don't have reservations at the hotel, I just signed up for the run.

Scotchman 02-06-2018 06:17 AM

I 've been in touch with the manager "Crystal" at the Red Roof Inn, 928-757-1188. I asked for 10-12 rooms in the rear building. She said she would talk to the owner, and find out what they can do. I should hear back today or tomorrow.

Danr55 02-06-2018 09:24 AM

OK Scotty, You've got it..

Karl Bebout 02-06-2018 09:30 AM

Who was it that complained about their steak, after it was 3/4ths eaten and then got another whole one? We have so many complainers that I just can't remember who dat was.

mikiec 02-06-2018 10:17 AM

We will probably on the road driving the entire route66 at that time. See everyone when we finish the route and then get to Phoenix.

Mikiec

Scotchman 02-09-2018 04:09 PM

The manager at the Red Roof Inn doesn't appear to be too interested in us staying there. I'm still waiting to hear from her. She said on an earlier conversation that they already had a group of 19 for the 66 Fun Run.

Karl Bebout 02-09-2018 05:46 PM

Perhaps the reservations should be made, even if the back building isn't available?

Scotchman 02-12-2018 05:21 AM

The manager still has not gotten back to me in regards to group rooms and discounts. Make your own reservation, and we'll see about the discount in the future. Several of us have already made reservations in the back building across the street.

Scotchman 02-12-2018 10:47 AM

The owner "Sunny" 657-237-9602 will take our reservations for the Az Cobras at the Red Roof Inn. He will put as many of us in the back as he can, but has a commitment to the truckers for a # of rooms back there. He said it will be a little more than we paid than last year, and will let us know soon how much that will be. Give him a call. :3DSMILE:

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-12-2018 12:10 PM

I have my reservation but, the best deal I could come up with Trivago is $77 a night for 1 queen bed no refrig. All rooms with 2 beds are already gone. Same room for this weekend is $50 a night. Rooms are marked up for the 66 Fun Run. Manager better give us a good price or else I am going here to find another room cheaper: http://tinyurl.com/y8myszoz where we can find a room almost walking distance for $36 to $39.

AZ Bob

aliedog 04-16-2018 01:02 PM

It’s getting closer

hinoonaz 04-17-2018 07:01 PM

17 more days to the run. I hope Dan will drive the pickup.

IMLost 04-17-2018 07:46 PM

Florida guy has a question for you guys. What is the best route from the east before heading north. I'm thinking of making a coast to coast run. Thanks for any help.

Karl Bebout 04-17-2018 09:25 PM

Interstate 10 runs all the way from Jacksonville to LA, via Tucson and Phoenix. You can cut off I10 at Interstate 8 to go to San Diego or from Phx pick up North Interstate 17 to Interstate 40 West.

nniets 04-17-2018 09:55 PM

Will Dan have his skivvies cleaned out in time to attend? Brush the dust off the CC and drive on?

IMLost 04-18-2018 06:07 AM

Thanks Karl.
I'm thinking of coming down from 40 to White Sands over to Las Cruces then over 10 to head up to the Canyon. I've seen that many of you Arizona guys make some good runs. I'm in the process of possibly making a cross country run.
I appreciate the feedback.