Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   An Adventurous Sunday (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/140779-adventurous-sunday.html)

Danr55 04-15-2018 07:49 AM

An Adventurous Sunday

I know it's short notice, but wife and I are feeling particularly brave today. We thought we would take a drive to Tortilla Flat. We are going to check out the new pavement. If anyone is interested on such short notice, 12:00 at the Chevron at US60 and Idaho Rd.

greg keller 04-15-2018 08:11 AM

Dan, we’ll see you there. Was going to ask if anyone had checked out the new paving job!

Karl Bebout 04-15-2018 11:20 AM

Fut da wuk. I'll be there, but if the pavement is still crappy, I might be turning around. Don't need my teeth rattled that much.

hinoonaz 04-15-2018 05:11 PM

So, how was the road to Tortilla Flats?

Karl Bebout 04-15-2018 09:24 PM

The road is still being worked on but not on the weekends. The new paving is completed to about 10 miles south of Tortilla Flats, which was the worst part. Would have been a fun ride except for traffic in front of me that believed the 15MPH speed limit "suggestion".

BTW, did not see a single wild cat, coyote, dog or deer, so didn't need to run up the side of a mountain.

Beautiful day for a little ride!

Scotchman 04-16-2018 12:54 PM

See any Cobras ?? :LOL:

Karl Bebout 04-16-2018 01:43 PM

Gary, what part of my post, a couple before this didn't you get? tee hee

spdbrake 04-16-2018 02:51 PM

I can understand all your excitement. I remember while stationed in AZ how the roads were and how the AZ Road Dept workers used to import Potholes from other States. ;)

Danr55 04-16-2018 03:35 PM

I saw.one off.in the bushes.....

hinoonaz 04-16-2018 06:36 PM

That's because you were sitting in your car and wondering what the heck happened. Karl was not with you so how can this be?

Karl Bebout 04-16-2018 07:42 PM

SOME people had a bit too much fun on the way from Tortilla Flats. Check AZ Cobras on FB.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 04-16-2018 11:35 PM

It's not posted on the AZ Cobra FB page.
Here is the FB link:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

AZ Bob

Ron61 04-17-2018 04:08 AM

Well we have an abundance of pot holes here and would be more than happy to have them imported to your area. We have so many that people try to drive in the pot holes and avoid the little pavement that is left as it is rougher than the pot holes.

Ron :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdbrake (Post 1442558)
I can understand all your excitement. I remember while stationed in AZ how the roads were and how the AZ Road Dept workers used to import Potholes from other States. ;)

hinoonaz 04-17-2018 07:18 AM

Why is it not posted on AZ cobra facebook?

Danr55 04-20-2018 02:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is the photo evidence for all you non-facebook folk.. The car before it was hauled out, my scalp after it was stapled and the car we looked at this morning. To add to the earlier post, the radiator is squashed on the bottom and will likely need replacing. Hawes is going to love me..

Danr55 04-20-2018 02:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more of the car as we saw it this morning.

Scotchman 04-20-2018 04:19 PM

This group likes to offload ! Glad you're OK Dan, or should I say survived ?

dave from mesa 04-20-2018 04:54 PM

What Scotty said.

aliedog 04-20-2018 05:28 PM

Dam Dan,,,,You got very lucky ,I am so glad you both are ok ,and walked away from something that could of ended BAD.I hope to see you on the Route 66 run...you could rent a mustang.....

Phx Mike 04-20-2018 07:39 PM

Ughhh....sorry to see this Dan but I am glad you are okay.