Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Next Sunday 06/17/18 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/141052-next-sunday-06-17-18-a.html)

Karl Bebout 06-10-2018 04:51 PM

Next Sunday 06/17/18

Scattered thunder-bumper storms are forecast for next Saturday, but the weather forecast for next Sunday is a practically balmy 92°. Sounds like nice early morning cruising weather. How about a run up to Yarnell and then the back way up to Prescott for a quick breakfast. From there, take your pick of going over to I 17 or double back through Yarnell and Wickenburg. (certainly a much more enjoyable ride) If we don't dawdle, we should be able to get back to the valley by noon, if we leave the Carefree/I17 Chevron station by 7am.

OR, Butcher's Hook, OR Payson air port?

OR, just let your cars sit in the garage, gathering dust.

I WANNA DRIVE!

MKS427 06-11-2018 07:37 AM

Lisa and I will go up to Yarnell, assuming the weather report is good. Doubling back sounds better to me.
Mark

Karl Bebout 06-11-2018 08:13 AM

Mark, doubling back is SO much more fun than I17, even if you don't get stuck in traffic. You going to get Lisa up that early? What's your trick?

MKS427 06-11-2018 09:02 AM

It takes somewhat of an adversarial approach. LOL

MKS427 06-12-2018 09:25 AM

Lisa probably isn't going to make it now, but Jim C is in.
Mark

Karl Bebout 06-12-2018 10:19 AM

Good to have Jim. He's wild enough to be our "rabbit". (I think Ralphie has run off to Chicago-land)

Phx Mike 06-12-2018 08:34 PM

I would like to go but am still messing around trying to fix my leaky valve cover. I think I have it licked but want to give it a short run before a longer one.

Karl Bebout 06-12-2018 09:08 PM

Hellzabellza, Mike, it'za Ford. Don't they all leak?

Danr55 06-13-2018 04:47 AM

You can tell by his comments that some members here have spent entirely too much time in Chevyland. Any ideas who that might be Karlos?

Phx Mike 06-13-2018 09:28 AM

Damn valve covers....

Danr55 06-13-2018 10:22 AM

I have three sets to sell if that helps anything. Cast Aluminum and sheet metal baldys.

Phx Mike 06-13-2018 10:37 AM

I have nice cast aluminum ones on there now. Just having trouble getting the drivers side to seal (passenger side is fine and I am not touching it). It was leaking at the back (firewall side) now the back is fine but it's leaking up front. There is a small step at the head to intake joint and I think that's where the problem is. I stuck a bit of pematex on the head side of the gasket in that location this time and will see if that works

Karl Bebout 06-13-2018 01:37 PM

I've got the stamped steel covers that don't have the rigidity so I finally used RTV on both sides of the gasket and I'm NOT looking forward to the day I have to pull the covers. Not going to be pretty, but they don't leak now.

MKS427 06-14-2018 08:01 AM

Father's Day and better temp

So far Karl, Jim, and myself are the only ones who have confirmed for Sunday.
I just looked at the weather and Saturday is forecast to be 90° and cloudy, Sunday 95° and sunny. Prescott is currently showing lightning in the forecast for Saturday. Additionally, Sunday is Father's Day.
If the forecast Saturday for Prescott improves, would we have better turn out if we changed to Saturday? Should we evaluate Friday and change if feasible? Is there anyone else who would make it if Saturday's weather cooperates?
Mark

DrDuc 06-14-2018 10:21 PM

I'm in for Sunday at this point. If Saturday has rain and lightning, I'm out for that day. Prescott looks good for Sunday with the weather forecast. Just decide of where and when to meet.

MKS427 06-15-2018 07:10 AM

Just checked the weather forecast. Sunday is the best day as of right now. Bruce, we leave the Carefree/I17 Chevron station by 7am Sunday.
Mark

Karl Bebout 06-15-2018 08:08 AM

Fitz is going to hook up with us North of Prescott.

2bars 06-15-2018 08:52 PM

We would go from Wickenburg up yarnell and meet for breakfast

DrDuc 06-15-2018 11:16 PM

Sounds like a winner!

2bars 06-15-2018 11:21 PM

Since we live in Wickenburg it's a good starting point.
Just need to know when to roll tires