Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   TCC Spring Meet (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/143058-tcc-spring-meet.html)

LRRCobradreamer 12-20-2019 03:50 PM

TCC Spring Meet

I am interested in making this trip in early April. Any interest in joining me?? See the thread below for Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet or TCC Spring Meet. It sounds similar to LCS London Cobra Show. But is a two day drive to San Marcos TX.

Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Lee

hinoonaz 12-20-2019 03:59 PM

Vikki and I are 99% sure we will. Just have to figure out if we go to Dallas first or after to see grand kids.

Karl Bebout 12-20-2019 06:20 PM

Sounds like this could be a nice little trip. I did a quick AAA TripTic and its only about 50 miles farther, avoiding freeways and that sounds good to me. I get bored real quickly on freeways.

Seagull81 12-21-2019 06:18 AM

FYI, this is not like the London Cobra Show. London is a one day car show. Ours is days of cruising the Texas Hill Country. We have some really great roads just west of San Marcos. The only car show aspect is after 5:30 or so when everyone gets back to the hotel. I hope Y'all can make it. I believe you will have a great time. Let me know if you need anything.

hinoonaz 12-21-2019 11:19 AM

That sounds great Steve. Have always wanted to attend. London is different setup for the three days but still a blast. Especially the 1/8 th mile drag on main street. See you in April.

Karl Bebout 12-21-2019 01:37 PM

hinoonAZ, don't tell me you're gonna TOW to Texas:eek:

hinoonaz 12-21-2019 06:53 PM

absolutely. Will travel all over Texas once there in the Cobra. Might even go to the tail of the dragon again and make it back for Rt 66.

Scotchman 12-22-2019 05:36 AM

Lee,
Are you driving your Cobra there, or towing ?

LRRCobradreamer 12-22-2019 07:49 AM

Towing. I am considering the open track day so I must tow, just in case.....

Karl, the back roads may be only 50 miles longer but adds 2.5 hours or more. Makes a 14 to 15 driving time to 17 plus. However we may stay a day or two longer. We used to live in Victoria in the late 70’s.

Lee

Karl Bebout 12-22-2019 09:40 AM

I'm thinking I'll stretch the drive out to three easy days. For me, its all about the drive, much more than the destination. Whether anyone else wants to go with me, on that route, remains to be seen.
I'm planning on going up to Saskatoon, later in the summer so this'll just be a warm up trip.

Dwight 12-22-2019 12:55 PM

Registration and Fees

ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 6PM, Sunday, MARCH 29th.
ONSITE REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1st at NOON
Online Registration is now open for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet.

On-site registration will open at 12pm Wednesday, April 3th. The fee for the event is $50.00. This fee covers deposits, nightly on-site armed security, and other costs needed to put on the event. Any funds in excess of the cost of the event will be donated to the our charities, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and The Carroll Shelby Foundation.
Payment can be made online using your credit card thru PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to make payment) or by Check. Instructions for payment by check including mailing address are available on the registration pages.
All tickets for the Saturday Night Banquet must be paid in full by Sunday, March 29 at 6pm. No Exceptions! A headcount for the banquet is due on Monday, March 30th.
Click on the Cobra to start your registration:

If you need to modify or cancel your registration please contact Ken Walker at kenswalker@gmail.com. Changes will need to be made manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Seagull81 12-24-2019 07:49 AM

Dwight, are you coming this year?

LRRCobradreamer 01-24-2020 11:46 AM

We have signed up for this event. Will arrive Wed April 1 but will not be returning to AZ. We will spend a few days in TX, then head home to Rockford.

I will try to get in the track day Thursday afternoon.

I know Karl is interested, anyone else interested????

Lee

Karl Bebout 01-24-2020 06:31 PM

Paid my registration and banquet fees. The Embassy Suites was sold out and after looking around I found a great looking place about 5 miles from ES so I have reserved a room there. Looking forward to it.

am9648 01-25-2020 07:46 AM

TCC Spring Meet

Contract the Holiday Inn Express which is directly across IH-35 from the Embassy Suites (about 300 yards.)

Holiday Inn Express directly at 512-392-6355.

Mention the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Seagull81 01-26-2020 05:51 AM

Karl, contact Ken Walker 521-557-3694. He will know if any rooms are given up at the host hotel. His last message was there were still rooms available.

Karl Bebout 01-26-2020 06:04 AM

My room reservation is at the Hilltop Hacienda which is about 5 miles from the epicenter (Embassy Suites) . It got a whole bunch of excellent reviews and is very reasonable. Leaves more fun money for fuel and stuff ;)
If anyone has any insight or opinions about the place, I'm certainly interested in hearing them. Thanks, K.

Varmit 01-26-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinoonaz (Post 1469979)
absolutely. Will travel all over Texas once there in the Cobra. Might even go to the tail of the dragon again and make it back for Rt 66.

You get back to the Tail of The Dragon, look me up, as I just moved to that area, show you some equally nice roads!!!!

hinoonaz 01-26-2020 02:38 PM

I was amazed at all the great roads in TN and NC. Actually all of the statre except for Penn (terrible). The logging roads were even great. Doing western U.S. and into Canada a bit this year. In 2021 back to east coast so will definitely contact. Want to spend more time near Nashville with a 500 radius.

hinoonaz 01-26-2020 05:50 PM

Signed up for the event and banquet. Staying at Holiday Inn and relatives also. So far 3 from Metro Phx area. Yes trailering. Be gone for 3 weeks I think.
Gary