Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Watson Lake car show and run / August 7th, 8th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/144979-watson-lake-car-show-run-august-7th-8th.html)

Bruce.huling 07-23-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotchman (Post 1495123)
I have reserved a large table for 10- 12 on Saturday night at 6pm, August 7th, at the Hassayampa Inn in downtown Prescott. Need a head count. We can always cancel. Separate checks are OK. Food is very good.
Im hoping Bruce will bring a couple of his local friends to round it out.

Will do.

Bruce.huling 07-23-2021 03:33 PM

Bruce +1. Checking on two more. Will get back to you.

MKS427 07-25-2021 02:19 PM

Lisa and I are in for dinner.

Bruce.huling 07-28-2021 07:59 AM

Should be fun!

KarlzEE Bebout 07-28-2021 10:20 AM

Word is that I'm to get my car back from the paint shop this weekend. (...believe it when I see it...)
I'm sure I could get it all back together in time but I'm not driving it anywhere until I get a clear bra installed and the painter told me to wait at least a week after painting to do that. I'll try to get papal dispensation to drive Lynne's Corvette.:)

MKS427 07-28-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout (Post 1495286)
Word is that I'm to get my car back from the paint shop this weekend. (...believe it when I see it...)
I'm sure I could get it all back together in time but I'm not driving it anywhere until I get a clear bra installed and the painter told me to wait at least a week after painting to do that. I'll try to get papal dispensation to drive Lynne's Corvette.:)

I would have guessed to wait longer for the clear bra, unless they put it in an oven.
My car is at Gordon's, so we will be taking Lisa's GT350. A/C and heated/cooled seats in August, I'll just have to tough it out. LOL

KarlzEE Bebout 07-28-2021 08:51 PM

I'll be checking with the clear bra guys to see what they think about paint curing time. Probably could just set the car out in the sun for a couple days.....That ought to do the trick.

Bruce.huling 07-29-2021 06:31 AM

Uv enhanced curing time.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 07-29-2021 09:41 AM

Just thought I could help. Here is a link to the Car Show Flyer.
http://paacaz.com/Watson%20Lake%20Flyer.pdf

AZ Bob

Cobrakeith 07-29-2021 09:53 AM

Is anybody going to be driving a Cobra to this little foray to the northland or is everyone going to be driving a JAFM/CHEVETTE?

Bruce.huling 07-29-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobrakeith (Post 1495354)
Is anybody going to be driving a Cobra to this little foray to the northland or is everyone going to be driving a JAFM/CHEVETTE?

I am.
Picking up my buddy in Prescott for the rest of the weekend. Should be fun. The drive down to Baghdad is really pretty in the morning. Nice to head back to prescott as it warms up too.

Scotchman 07-31-2021 10:12 AM

Planning on taking the Cobra, unless the weather is questionable.

Bruce.huling 08-01-2021 09:31 AM

Bringing scuba gear just in case. Smile!

KarlzEE Bebout 08-01-2021 10:38 AM

Bruce, word to the wise....drill a few 3/8" holes in your foot boxes to avoid sloshing water on your feet. Ask me how I know:eek:

Bruce.huling 08-01-2021 04:57 PM

I’m thinking the afternoon and evening seems to be the thunderstorm pattern. We should be fine. I’m staying at my buddies house in Prescott valley Friday and Saturday nights. Should be a great time as he wants to tag along shotgun the whole weekend.

Nafod 08-02-2021 06:29 AM

Karl,

My recently painted vehicle had a 4 week wait recommended by the manufacturer. The current PPF available have much better adhesives.
Don't want to risk paint removal if a section needed to be removed after being applied.

Bruce

KarlzEE Bebout 08-02-2021 08:38 AM

Thanks Bruce. Do you know what brand of PPF you had installed?

I'll probably go with EXPEL sooper dooper premium.

2bars 08-02-2021 08:54 AM

Louise and I will meet up Saturday in Bagdad for breakfast and then the show. Diving something with 4 wheels. I don't have a bike and that eliminates the dually. Don't count us for dinner, we will be heading home after the show.

Scotchman 08-02-2021 04:29 PM

Scott,
We'll look forward to seeing you there.

I have changed our reservation from the private room at the Hassayampa to the main dining room with a table for 7-8.

Until then, I want you all to chant like you're at Woodstock in '69, "No Rain, No Rain" :JEKYLHYDE

Bruce.huling 08-02-2021 05:22 PM

I’m going with no rain please, at least until 1 or 2 in the afternoon! Smile.