Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     
Default GRUNDY WORLDWIDE insurance

Does anybody in the Phoenix / or Arizona area use GRUNDY WORLDWIDE insurance. I am looking at going with them and have sent in my application. They sent back a quote of $1085 per year on my car.

I have read all the old stuff on the forum about these guys but I am looking for some current data on them. Anybody had any bad or good experiance with them. I emailed them and got a email back in two days just like they said they would. There is no limit on milage as long as you are doing associated cobra club driving stuff.

Just looking for feedback. I was with Conden Skelly and they were fine. Just looking at these guys as there are no mileage restrictions but in the long run CS may be better so I have a few days to find out from all you guys.

Outside AZ fine. I am just trying to get timely data about them.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

F

I use AHI - American Hobbyist Insurance - for both my Cobra and my 66 Mustang. There is no mileage restriction but you are not to drive the car to commute to work, must have a garage that locks and must have one other insured vehicle for each car you insure with them. I pay $272- a year for the Cobra and $120- a year for the Mustang. I have 300/100/100 and 250 deductible collision ,uninsured motorist, towing, etc.

I checked all of the others and this was the best deal and the easiest to work with.

Save yourself some money...

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #995 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Stay away from Grundy

Grundy gave me the complete run around. First, they said they won't insure anything less than $50K and definately no kits. I told them mine is worth $50K and is manufactured. The agent accepted over the phone.

They sent me a bunch of paperwork and I had to get it notorized. I also sent them pictures of my garage and car as requested along with my check. 2 weeks later, they returned my check saying they don't insure kits.

I called them and the agent now says they don't insure anything under $75K. I asked why they made me go through getting papers notorized and pictures developed in the first place. No answer.

I called back and wanted to speak to a manager. All I got was a voicemail and no one ever returned my call. In my book, this is bad business.

I am now with State Farm - no mileage limitation and am allowed to take to track if I want.

Good Luck,

Howard
Old 01-27-2005, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Got some feedback: They did call me back today like they said they would off their web page. I told them about some of the past communication problems with them; they acted surprised. What the girl told me was they do not like to insure any cobra under $75,000 because guys/girls with cars in the lower price ranges are not as careful with their cars. No one under the age of 25 ever allowed to drive the car. Has to be garaged. I guess they have had some incidents? My quote was $1085 per year with no mileage restrictions. What do I know? I will see what happens with them next few days. I may sign up with them but I want to read the small print closely.

As a side note, you would think all insurance companies would want our group of drivers to go to the track and drive our cars in some sort of school, instruction like Bondurant. I did and it really helps. I am going back with the new car.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2102, s/n 32 of 50 Anniv. Ed. Rousch 427R -- It's HERE!
Not Ranked     

Fitz,

I've been talking with Tom Foltz at Northwest Insurance Center (800 683 1165). They are underwritten by Grundy, which is in turn underwritten by Chubb. His quote to me was $100 less than Grundy direct ($943, I think). Only restriction is that the car is not used as a daily driver. Still have until March before my car arrives... tick-toc-tick-toc....... Sheesh!

Steve
Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Called Tom who does AZ. He sent me back info and I may go with him. Comparing Grundy with Condon Skelly. They reduced their $$ to $50,000; no one under 25; absolutely nothing covered at any track for any reason; must have other cars and locked garage. Thanks