Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Sunday Run (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/87643-sunday-run.html)

Danr55 05-12-2008 07:38 PM

Sunday Run

Is anyone interested in running to Pine for breakfast on Sunday? Chuck and I would like to make the trip..

Karl Bebout 05-13-2008 09:11 AM

It could happen. We leave for Spain Monday so it depends on if "we" think we have last minute things to do... Sounds like a good excuse for a ride and to get out of the toaster.

mikiec 05-13-2008 02:37 PM

Run to Pine.... What are you wacko. It might be better to drive.

Mike

Maricopa 05-13-2008 04:18 PM

Sounds like weather will hold out another week. If I can shake loose from the hunnydo's I'll go.

Danr55 05-13-2008 06:28 PM

It's beginning to sound like a party.. Now all I have to do is get my car back from Anthem. New TKO ..

Bill Dapuzzo 05-13-2008 06:45 PM

sounds like it could be a good idea. Need to enjoy the weather while it still bearable. I'd be up for it. New kid on the block.

Karl Bebout 05-13-2008 07:25 PM

New TKO? Did you get hosed or did you know going in that it was hurtin'?

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 05-13-2008 08:14 PM

Karl, I think Dan said the car came with a T-10 4-speed with a 391 rear. Not great for cruisin.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 05-14-2008 02:34 PM

O I C What, extended cruising at 4500 RPM isn't fun? Most times I try to keep up with the Pinkster, on the way to Payson, I'm churning about that with my 3:50s and 28" tires, at 85-95 MPH. Oh, that's right, I have a miniscule Chebby.

Maricopa 05-14-2008 02:50 PM

Just heard on the radio today that AZ was ranked as having the 8th rudest drivers in the nation. Now that's just sad and I say that Sunday we make an effort to change that. I figure the AZ Cobra group alone should be able to get us to number 3.
:LOL:

Danr55 05-14-2008 06:32 PM

No Bob, I didn't get hosed.. I knew that I was going to change the gearbox. I wanted a T-56 but got such a great deal at Anthem on the TKO 600 that I had to take it. As it turns out, the car won't be finished until late next week so I guess I'm not cruising this weekend. Sorry Karlos.. I was looking forward to following your chebby with my chebby orange car. Maybe after you get back.

Bill, Welcome aboard. Unless you know where you are going, don't follow anyone on this board except Karl and Pink and Bob Broberg. The rest of us get lost. I will definitely be running next weekend provided John and Charlie get my ride back together. Plan on Saturday for anyone who is around who cares to go. I realize it's a long weekend, but I'm here anyway. Might as well run the Cobra.

dave from mesa 05-15-2008 04:08 AM

Follow Karl??? I don't think so. He and Mikie are tied for the "Go the Wrong Way" award.
Can't go this weekend but maybe next. Get that car back soon Dan. Gonna pick mine up from Gordon today.

Karl Bebout 05-15-2008 09:12 AM

I'll be a no-show Sunday. Doing the Firebird thing Friday night and will then leave the Cobra at a friends while we're out of town and also while my garage expansion project gets going, finally.

mikiec 05-15-2008 11:48 AM

Karl... Have a good time.

Dave, What's wrong with the car?

I have to work on Ginny's car that weekend.

Mike

Danr55 05-15-2008 02:03 PM

Well, I guess it's resolved to those who will be around Memorial Day Weekend.. I am going to try to make all three cruise spots that Saturday night.. Put some miles on my new tranny.. They tend to behave better if you abuse them a little. Don't they Mikie.. I would certainly like to run to the mountains for breakfast in Pine one day though.. So anyone who is around is certainly welcome to make the trip.

Danr55 05-15-2008 02:06 PM

Hey Karl, you can leave your Cobra at my house while you're gone. My Ebay dues are paid up.. er, I mean my garage is empty.

OK, Who need chebby big block heads? What am I bid?

dave from mesa 05-15-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 843076)
Karl... Have a good time.

Dave, What's wrong with the car?

Mike

Yeah Karl have a great time. Don't get lost tho.;)

After my little slip and slide going to Globe decided to get the brakes fixed.

mikiec 05-15-2008 03:38 PM

Understand.....

Mike

Karl Bebout 05-15-2008 04:00 PM

I doubt that I'll get lost. We'll be with a small group tour with plenty of free time so when we go exploring on our own, its not getting lost, its "an adventure". BTW, Dave, whaddya, ride the brakes? Didn't think you had enough miles on your car to have worn them out and you don't thrash it hard enough to go through them so soon. Maybe its just your brake foot reaction when Judy jabs your ribs with her elbow. And another thing...I thought that Lyle had ursurped my "pathfinder" title?

Fitz 05-15-2008 05:49 PM

Anyone driving up by Roosevelt stop by Sunday afternoon / night. Staying the night on the boat. J Dock "fitzus". I will serve the wine.