Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Is The Central Ave Cruise Night Worth Going Too? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/95931-central-ave-cruise-night-worth-going-too.html)

Night Enforcer 03-31-2009 10:31 PM

Is The Central Ave Cruise Night Worth Going Too?

I have not been to one of these? Is it worth going to? Are any of you guys from Phoenix going?

Thanks

Old Phart 03-31-2009 11:03 PM

I will be going. The new light rail is in the middle of the street, which means bumper to bumper traffic in some areas. Worth a try if you have never driven the "drag". There is usually a nice (rowdy at times) crowd sitting on the side of the street and vendors in the Park Central parking lot.

Night Enforcer 04-01-2009 04:35 PM

Do you park anywhere or do you just cruise the "Drag"? I used to cruise Central in the middle 60's almost every weekend, so that whole thing brings back outstanding memories. **)

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 04-01-2009 06:21 PM

Night Enforcer, in the past the AZCOBRAs gathered in the parking lot at Park Central Mall in large numbers twice a year on Cruise on Central Days. When the police stopped the burnouts on Central we stopped going as a group. Then the gathering was taken off Central for light rail construction so we haven't been there in force for some time. The entry was free, there was a large turnout of cars and many vendors. The parking used to be filled by 4pm but don't know now. I am sure it is a cruise in not a cruise on central.
Let us know how it turns out. I'll be working. Ask Danr.

AZ Bob

Night Enforcer 04-01-2009 08:15 PM

Thanks for the info. I may get a couple of cars together and run up and check it out.

2Torqued 04-02-2009 01:32 PM

Nightenforcer, do you actually take your car out and drive it? :LOL:When is the date of the cruse?

Old Phart 04-02-2009 02:00 PM

April 11, 2009 Starts about 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Hollywood 04-02-2009 03:42 PM

I would like to know when also, night times are always better for me due to working on saturdays and most sundays.
I wouldn't mind some free ice cream from john some time either.

Jim

John-Tucson 04-02-2009 09:11 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, what's this about free ice cream from John ? I only do Dairy Queen during the "Arizona Challenge".

ironman 04-02-2009 09:14 PM

The last crise was pretty good, lots of nice cars and there was a cruise on Central starting about 6:30, but you will lose your parking place

Fitz 04-05-2009 10:43 PM

There was no cruise on Central; at least none at Park Central at 7:30.....%/

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 04-06-2009 12:04 AM

Fitz, that's because you were a week early. Check again on April 11th.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 04-06-2009 08:26 AM

Fitz, Premature problems?

Fitz 04-06-2009 09:34 AM

Dan55 said at lunch if we left from Sedona and drove quickly we could make the car show on Central. I misunderstood. I had a neighbor whose family member was a car nut so he wanted to go for a ride. I thought that would be good.. Ends up he has a GT Ford, one of the new ones, a vette, and a plane. Of course he is a lawyer.......and lives in Montana. Said he season is about 4 months.

I let him drive it and of course he scared me to death. First thing he said was this clutch is a ***** isn't it. (this was as we were fish tailing down the street). Now I remember why I don't like that passender seat!

Next week Dah!

Danr55 04-06-2009 11:50 AM

No Fitz, you didn't hear wrong... I said it wrong. I thought the cruise on Central was saturday 4 April. It's Saturday, 11 April. I lied to you and you fell for it.. I apologize..

Karl Bebout 04-06-2009 01:58 PM

Some people just can't be taken literally. Others, just run off the road.

Fitz 04-09-2009 11:34 PM

It is going to rain this Saturday!:(

Mike Brasfield 04-11-2009 08:25 PM

Cruise has been postponed until next saturday.

Hollywood 04-15-2009 01:05 PM

so who all is going to this cruise on central saturday night, is it a group event or are just a couple guys going?
inquiring minds want to know!!!

Jim

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 04-15-2009 06:20 PM

Jim, the cruise starts at 2pm. You probably should be there about noon to get a parking space in the Park Central Mall lot. Saturday is our annual AZCOBRA Picnic at Bartlett Lake. We start there about 10am through lunch and depart about 2pm. I will be too sunburned and stuffed to attend the Central cruise. We used to gather at the very north end of the lot and arrive all together to park together. I doubt you will find many attending this year. Timing is wrong due to last week's rain.
Hope to see you at the picnic. Just bring your food, drink, snacks and Tonto Pass.
AZ Bob