Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Butler
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone selling wheels/ tires?

Hello everyone... I'm posting here to see if anyone has a set of wheels lying around that have the proper offset and backspace for the Arntz/Butler. I really cant see using pin drives. I just gotta hope somebody has done an upgrade and maybe has the old centerlines gathering dust or any other setup. I'll post some updated pics soon.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

I should have a set of GY Eagle GTII's with 2400 miles available as well as a set of Trigo HA 6-pin wheels (althought you said you wouldn't consider going this route) for reasonable cost in a few weeks time.

- Allen.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurpher@hot View Post
Hello everyone I'll make it quick... I'm lookin for a good rim and tire combo for my arntz type 2, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I dont like alot of rubber so I was hoping I could get somthing in an 18''+ rim dia with the proper offsets/ backspacing.
This post was a little while back. Are you still looking for the larger diameter? If so it might be worth investigating something like a Boss Motorsport 338 rim as an inexpensive option, or a Vintage Wheel Works V60 for a bit more.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry for the double post. I like the options you have listed and what Chifo has done with the 17's on his, but for now I hope somebody has "take offs" lying around for a reasonable price... possibly the old centerlines. Right now anything would be better than the garbage I've got her sitting on right now.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

I went through this 24 years ago. Ron Butler recommends 10 inch wide Centerlines on the front and 12 inch on the rear. My budget was (and is) tight and I looked for a long time and finally found 8.5 inch fronts and 10 inch rears that fit right. My front brake rotors are Chevy and the rear Jaguar hubs have the same 4 3/4 inch bolt circle. With the MB front and XKE rear suspensions, the wheels need to have just over three inches of backspacing. Ron used to sell plastic inserts for Centerlines that make them look like Halibrands with real knockoffs to hold them in place. They look pretty good (see my pictures). After a knockoff spinner got lost, I bought replacements from Speedway Motors. They say "Mr Gasket" on them, but I have been too lazy to mill that off.

The Centerlines are very light and strong. You can buy them on Summit Racing right now. Or, you can watch eBay and the right size turns up once in a while.

Last edited by RallySnake; 02-03-2011 at 04:54 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My old wheels are still available.
http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...ct=845&cat=all
Old 02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

Ron Butler has a brand new set of 15" Centerlines (10" & 12") with the knock-off hubs to bolt on, the spinners and the inserts. The wheels have some never been used Radial T/A's, still with the little tits on them. The tires are old but never on the ground. They are mounted on the wheels.

He will take $1800.00 plus shipping for set of 4 for everything. The shipping would be from Ventura, CA.

Let me know if I can help.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

I had Vintage Wheels US machine backspacing for fitting 427-type wheels to my ERA 289FIA. Did an outstanding job and the wheels are sensational. Highly recommend them, without hesitation.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. I've posted some pics to let everyone know where I am at. I've found some 8.5 centerlines for the front with 255/60 rubber localy ( mounted on the back in the pic ) and would either need the 10 or 12 wide for the rear to match being that they are autodrags. The other pic is of the tailhousing swap from a chev S 10 with a hurst short throw. Anyone can PM me if they have rears 10 wide or bigger if they have a set they can part with.
Attached Images

Last edited by soulsurpher@hot; 02-07-2011 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: extra pic