Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arntz/Butler Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arntz-butler-forum/)
-   -   Bennett chassis on Bennett jig (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arntz-butler-forum/135422-bennett-chassis-bennett-jig.html)

lakester 12-12-2015 11:09 AM

even more, 8th (and final) group...

3 Attachment(s)
That is all!

427SSSS 12-12-2015 01:47 PM

Bennet Cobra Photos

lakester,
Only had a couple of minutes to look at your photos, headed out for the evening. Thank you. Will really look at them later tonight/tomorrow.
It may be me/my eyes, but it looks like your car is somewhere between a square tube and a round tube????? Transition????

Wayne

razerwire 12-12-2015 09:31 PM

The pictures of frame on wood table don't look same, is it different perhaps from Advanced Chassis? Maybe first frame which could have been different?

427SSSS 12-13-2015 08:10 AM

lakester,

do you know what year your car was built?

If it's a "transition" between square tube and round tube, I would guess 1999-2003???

Razorwire, I had, what I was told was an "Advanced Chassis" Cobra, I have several photos, and it looks nothing like Lakesters'; it's pure 2"X 4" square tubing. I'll post photos later today.

Wayne

427SSSS 12-15-2015 01:47 AM

Photos/Body

lakester,
Great photos! Thank you.
Any marking/chassis number(s)?
Again, wonder when your car was built, the combination of square tube and round tube makes it interesting.

4th photo in 5th group, showing passenger hinge and inside of windshield.
I think I can see part of the inverted "V"(about 1/2" wide and 3/8" tall) cast into the body, that mostly is hidden when the windshield is installed. Is it there, or is it my imagination?

The only other body, besides the Bennett, that I've seen the inverted "V" cast into the body was Tim Figuar's of Fiberjet industries mold. Tim said it was to stiffen the cowl.

Seems to me, these small, independent Cobra builders, Bennett, Advanced Chassis, and Figuar's (mold only), may have worked together, or at least shared ideas/molds/designs.

lakester 12-22-2015 10:49 AM

quickly...

Sorry guys..., didn't get notification of your postings. Will review questions over the course of the next few days to try to get ya some answers.

Happy Holidays!

750hp 12-26-2015 12:18 AM

Great photos Lakester!!! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

427SSSS 01-12-2016 07:16 AM

Lakester, where did you go?

Lakester, Where did you go? Are you coming back?

427SSSS 10-28-2019 05:35 PM

She will be "first" wheelchair cobra ever!