Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz 302
Not Ranked     
Talking Newly Adopted

I am the proud owner of a abanded(project) Arnzt kit. Along with the basics I have the complete body(hood, trunk, doors,windshield), a built 302 w/ 4sptranny, and a 9" rear end with 3.75 gears, and a mustangII front end. The original owner attempted to line up the rearend but fell a little short on the measurments and now the mounts are a 1/2" off(easy fix). He also placed the motormounts approx (how it looks to me) 3-4" back. I am not sure if this will work when it comes to the distance from the firewall as well as the positioning of the shift linkage.
Now that there is a snapshot of what I am looking at, my first problem is tracking down a arnzt build manual so that I can verify some of the initial measurements. If there is anyone that has some documentation or can lead me into the right direction I would be very greatful.

James
Semper Fi
Old 10-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

James, wellcome to the group. I have some exploded view drawings on 8.5x11 paper. But they are of an MBG front end and a Jag. IRS rear, which I think was standard. I have since changed the front a-arms to corrvette with coilovers. If you can, leave the engine set back. The car will have a better balance.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Default James...Welcome aboard!

Completely agree with Tom H. Leave that engine back there! Makes the best-handlilng cobra out there. When you get built up, try a couple of laps on a skid-pad (watch that oil pressure, though!) You will be amazed---with 295s out back and 255s up front---you don't under- or oversteer---you just "add radius"! I discovered some interesting things when aligning (REaligning) my rear axle. I had a problem with large-diameter Hoosiers. They were rubbing the seat backs! JAMO had actually WORN THROUGH the front of the wheel-wells!!!! I discovered that Butler had added 1" to the wheelbase ---the cars actually have 91.5". I added a 3/4"-thick aluminum pad DIRECTLY in front of the Jag ccenter section (the drive-shaft splines were sufficiently "buried" to allow that). PRESTO----no tire-rubbing and a 92+" w/b!!! Just two inches more than the original 427 S/C but those two inches are indeed welcome. Give it some thought!

Freddie D.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: