Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2005, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for Steve Arntz

Hi Gang, I, like so very many people , was on the losing end of an encounter with Steve Arntz and his side kick Eve Goodman. I am still trying to track him down to try and get some of the parts he owes me. One of these parts is a hood to the cobra he sold / traded me. If I can not track him down, I would like to try and find some one who makes hoods that would fit an Arntz body. I am currently trying to sell my partially completed Arntz replica on the Northern California Shelby Club site (www.norcal-saac.org) , so that I can move on with my life , but many of the buyers wonder where they can get a hood. All help in any direction (including helping to sell the kit) are greatly appreciated. Thanks. John(;-)
Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I do know that Newport Laminates in Santa Ana California did some body parts for Arntz/Butler. Your best bet would be to contact Ron Butler in Goleta. He I am sure would be in a position to help you.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is one thread of many that deal with the Arntz\Butler issue.

Arntz Cobra body replacement?

If you do a "Search" on Club Cobra and use "Steve Arntz" for the subject you will find a LOT of threads! Good luck.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default arntz hood

shelby racer,

might know where you can get a hood. when did you get the car from steve? i'm also interested in finding his whereabouts. was your car painted when you got it? does your hood have the extra kick back in the rear?
Let me know.

arntztype4
Old 03-07-2005, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default Arntz quest

I met Steve Arntz at Sears Point back in the late 80s. He told me that it was a third generation body on a third generaton frame. I have only personally seen three Artz bodies (and a couple of Butler bodies) and all of the arntz bodies looked the same as the one I have. I never saw the hood that belonged to this one. The Arntz body and frame that I used to have did not have a noticable "kick out", but then again, may be I do not understand the term. 2 weeks after I gave him money and got some of the promised parts from him his shop was empty. I tracked him down to some where in Petaluma and some where in Danville. I never was able to find his exact location. The latest Gossip was that he was in ukiah. I also met Ron Butler in 97. A very nice , open and knowledgeable person. I know that he used to have every part that I would need to finish it. I have often considered trying to just finish it, but there is so much personal heart ache associated with the kit, that I think it would be better to sell it to some one else with a clear conscience and let then finish it. Thanks to everyone for the help and I will continue looking as I talk to some of the people who have expressed interest in it.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear arntztype4 - the body was painted black when I bought / traded steve. I orhinally had a rectangular tube frame with a perfect 3rd generation body that was in epoxy primer. I now have a powder coated round tube frame with corvette aluminum a-arms and prb calipers and a powder coated jag irs out back with the black body mounted to it.
John(;-)
Old 03-08-2005, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 comp
Not Ranked     

I think I know where molds are to fit car Truss1x@aol.com
Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member, and I just purchased a old 289 Arntz Cobra with fire damage to the interior, windshield, right door, right rear quarter panel.

I just found out that it is an Arntz car from Gordon Levy in Phoenix Arizona.

He said it would be cheaper to get another car to build. But I would like to build this one first.

If I can find a complete body that would also work for me.

I'm just getting started on this car and I will need other parts for sure.

Let me know what's out there and available please.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

HI Guys,

I ran into Steve at a good guys show 4-5 years ago, he was in wheelchair then. I invited him to the BACC breakfast and he came to breakfast once. As far as I know he and Eve were living somewhere in Danville at the time. He alluded to the fact that he had a warehouse full of Cobra "Stuff" but, was unwilling to allow anybody to take a look, can't say if this was reality or not.

Many people have expressed an interest in talking to him for many different reasons....last number I had for him (925) 699-9709.

Mike Monster has an Arntz car and may know where you can get body parts.

Beyond that I don't know,

Tony R.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello again,

Tony, I'll try the number for Steve. But how do I get in touch with Mike?

Thanks again,

Gary
623-566-1123
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Hi Gary,

Reach out to Mike Viramontes at Email: mv8471@sbc.com .

Let me know if you have any luck with Arntz....Mike Monster will be a big help. BTW his Arntz has a ford 427 in it.

TR
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello again,

Well Tony, I called the number (925) 699-9709 yesterday, and I talked to a lady on the other end. I asked to speak to Steve Arntz please? She asked "how I got this number"? I told her that I was looking for Steve Arntz because I had purchased an older Arntz AC Cobra and I needed some information and some parts for it? I wanted to see if he could help me?

She asked me again "how I got this number"? I told her off the competer. She said she was on a bike ride right then and she would call me back later. She repeated my number back to me. I thanked her and hung up the phone.

I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited---------------

I called back this morning 10:00 am and it said that the phone was not on.

I called at 2:55 pm. It said that "The number is not in service at this time. Check to see if you dialed the right number"?

I called at 5:55 pm. It said that "The number is not in service at this time. Check to see if you dialed the right number"?

I do not think that he wants to be found. Have any other thoughts?

Let me know? I'll see if I can get in touch with Mike Viramontes at Email: mv8471@sbc.com.

Thanks,

Gary
623-566-1123
Old 04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Gary.
Ask Mike V. if he knows where [Paul Bennett is, Pauls #(510) 782-0705]. I know at one time he had the molds for an Arntz car. I tried to locate him last year with no luck. Went by his ex. shop in Freemont and talked to a guy next door, nothing. He had a big interest in army tanks and may have moved up north.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

If the body you have has an inverted "V" stiffiner (about 1/2" tall by 3/4" wide) cast into the cowl area under the windshield, (which is 95% hidden when the windshield is installed) then I may have a hood/body that might fit, and I'm just over the hill from you. You are welcome to borrow it to see if it fits.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 04-26-2006 at 05:38 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wayne,

My body has the cowl, part of the right front fender, interior, right door, right rear quarter panel and the rear trunk support by the rool bar burned.

I can make the new body parts, but it would be faster to install a new body.

Call me and lets talk, 623-566-1123. I need to do something quick.

Thanks,

Gary