Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default First night at home

THE HSV GRANGE LIKES IT NEW ROOM-MATE.
(There like twins as they have the same engine and transmission).

The Cobra's having its first sleep in its new home over the weekend. Last Saturday, I was supposed to drive it up to Wyong on the Central Coast of NSW for it's Noise Test and Full Engineering certification. Unfortunately, it poured all weekend in Sydney so will try again tomorrow. The bad news is that the weather report is similar to last weekend, but they have been wrong before.

I spent today day washing, polishing, waxing, cleaning just about every part of the car until it sparkled. The best part of the day was having all the neighbours stop by for a peek. People who have lived in the area for years, now come up and introduced themselves when they saw it in the garage. Women were particularly into it. When my female neighbour saw it, she started making noises that sounded very similar in tone to the final stages of a huge orgasm. I was also invaded by the local Year 10 and Year 12 girls who are trying to book me up for a lift to their Year Ending formals. How could a hunk of fibreglass, steeel and rubber cause so much interest in the neighbourhood? (And I am talking about the Cobra).

The car is having the polished stainless steel spats on the front of the rear guards mated to the guard shape on Monday, then it's back to the workshop for some minor tinkering until the Engineers Report arrives. Then it's the Blue Slip and rego. It's that close that I can taste it, but all depends on the weather now as the Noise Test can't be done when its wet.

Penny Wong is the Federal Climate Minister, so Iv'e sent her an urgent email hoping that she might be able to help me out tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Fingers crossed for nice weather over the weekend for you Baz.

You wont believe it, but now that mine is registered, the rain started last night, and it will be a wet weekend out here.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 02-12-2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 02-12-2010, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Fingers crossed for nice wetaher over the weekend for you Baz.

You wont believe it, but now that mine is registered, the rain started last night, and it will be a wet weekend out here.
Dave,

I know you teritorians speak funny languages, but 'Please Explain", Whats "Wetaher?"

I have more faith in your 'Fingers Crossed' than what Penny Wong could do for me. Thanks for your thoughts.

Baz
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
When my female neighbour saw it, she started making noises that sounded very similar in tone to the final stages of a huge orgasm. .
Ermmm, don't understand ... I've never heard one of them ... what's it sound like?.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Good luck with the Weather Baz and Boxhead. The same happened to me this week when I got mine back from the painter. Its rained nearly every day this week.

Hey Baz, its true about the female attraction to the Cobra. Most of my friends who made me promise to give them a ride (so to speak) were women.

Good luck with your tests. I put my carpet in during the week - now I know why trimmers charge so much, you need to be a contorshinist to install the carpets into the footwells. Will post some pics soon.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 02-12-2010, 01:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Ermmm, don't understand ... I've never heard one of them ... what's it sound like?.
Les,

I think it's spelt 'Wetaher'.

Baz
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

All I've had for interested visitors is a courier (male) wanted to see what I was building...turned out he is a hot rodder and the package he was delivering had Defillipo racing all over it. He saw the Cobra and said "Oh just a kit car" Little does he know there's more work in this "kit-car" than any local 32 rod. I must live in the most Non car interested street in Australia. A good thing in a way I suppose.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I have had some similar experiences Baz. There are two young boys (from Yorkshire actually) a few houses down. I was polishing the Cobra with affection and the younger one came into my garage quietly and said, "I didn't know you (meaning anyone) could make cars?" "Can you do that?" He asked. I answered, "Yes, if you are careful". And, after a long silence, he summed up the situation, "Cool ...". (another silence) "Can I have a ride?"

"Yeah OK next week", I offered.

Ten minutes later his older brother Albert arrives (all of 11 years) and goes though the same exchange, ended with the same delayed, "Cool ...". So some rides are planned.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Baz i dont like your chances.

Its flooding here on the northern beaches. I moved my car this afternoon to our new house. I just went around there then and the garage is flooded and the cobra is sitting in 2 inches of water. Looks like i will be digging trenches for ag lines for a couple of days

Driving home the water was just about pouring in the doors of my Audi. For a moment when i realised the water was so deep i started thinking about those 000 shows they have on TV.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Is just me or does your HSV have a sleazy look on its face with such beauty sitting next to it.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, I love the colour of the Grange. By the way why does your garage have so many doors in it?

Regards.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Sorry Baz, typo, but I think everyone knows what I ment to spell

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Sorry Baz, typo, but I think everyone knows what I ment to spell
I knew what you meant too Dave, but I couldn't help myself';
Old 02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

You better be careful with your lines to the woman Baz.

Phrases like "can I give you a ride" are akin to "do you want to play around with me"!

And you know what trouble that brought on Tiger!

But I know what you mean, think I've previously posted a young female's exclamation as she crossed the street on a pedsetrian crossing and I'm sitting there in my bare gel coat beatie when it was still whole and running.

At the top of her lungs she yells "sex on wheels" whilst looking at the car. These cars certainly are magnets.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Grange - Cobra .... could be nice pups.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Les,

I think it's spelt 'Wetaher'.

Baz
Gotcha Baz, I've led a very sheltered upbringing so I'm not wise to this sorta stuff.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I took the chance

It poured all last night and it was fairly grey this morning. I checked the Internet weather map and decided to go for it at 7.30am this morning. I had heaps of beach towels on board, my waterproof car cover and my golfing rain suit just in case. Light drizzle close to home then heavy overcast and fog up the Freeway to Wyong, but no rain.

Passed the Noise Test (74 dcbs) and no problems with the Mechanical Inspection. Came back on the M7. Overcast, but no rain. Arrived home at 2.30pm and at 2.55pm the sky opened up.

Thanks for all the 'Good Luck' wishes fellas. They really helped.

Just waiting on the Engineers Report to be posted down to me in about a weeks time, then Blue Slip, VIN No. from RTA and then REGO.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Baz i dont like your chances.

Its flooding here on the northern beaches. I moved my car this afternoon to our new house. I just went around there then and the garage is flooded and the cobra is sitting in 2 inches of water. Looks like i will be digging trenches for ag lines for a couple of days

Driving home the water was just about pouring in the doors of my Audi. For a moment when i realised the water was so deep i started thinking about those 000 shows they have on TV.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Is just me or does your HSV have a sleazy look on its face with such beauty sitting next to it.
They might give birth to a 7 litre RCR Coupe.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Baz, I love the colour of the Grange. By the way why does your garage have so many doors in it?

Regards.
Hi Mando,

My place is on a concrete slab and as such, it has no storage under the house. I put in false walls around the garage and have all my storage and shelving behind those doors. It makes it really neat and tidy. I installed an attic ladder in the garage ceiling and laid a floor up there. There's heaps of room up there too.

Baz
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good news Baz, Now there is no excuses not to be at ShelbyFest (even as a lurker).

If I can come over from Alice Springs, then I dont want to hear anyone say "its too far to drive" (apart from WA boys)

Cruising in 5th

Old 02-13-2010, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Baz

Well done mate.

Thought the other car was a donour car...new project..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026