Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Wazza's Cobra update. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/106204-wazzas-cobra-update.html)

Wazza 08-17-2010 04:58 AM

Wazza's Cobra update.

Starting to take shape...most of the outside stuff on...seats fitted...happy so far.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/0262.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/029_2_.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/0242.jpg

I'll get stuck into it for the next few weeks and then I'll post a couple more if anybody is interested.

Cheers,

SEE YOU AT THE NATIONALS.....NOT MANY "SLEEPS"

Warren.

Ad Guy 08-17-2010 05:57 AM

Looks fantastic Warren.

boxhead 08-17-2010 06:33 AM

very interested thanks Wazza.
Looking really good

Mando 08-17-2010 07:58 AM

Looks great, what's holding that front wheel on Wazza? Are the seats from Harrison or from another supplier? Love to see more pictures a little clearer so everyone can see the good work!

Regards.

Wazza 08-17-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mando (Post 1072010)
Looks great, what's holding that front wheel on Wazza? Are the seats from Harrison or from another supplier? Love to see more pictures a little clearer so everyone can see the good work!

Regards.

The wheels are currently held in place by "Fresh air"....and a rubber band under the tyre to stop it rolling away !!!!
Might need more than that...right??...I'll work on that.:D

The seats are a flop from a mold owned by one of our members...Steve Barbe.. I have the same seat in my race Cobra.
I think it's originally a seat from a VW Beach Buggy.

I Liked it because it "lays back"...i.e. a lot of the fixed seats are made with an "L" shape...with the back at 90 degrees to the base...these are more laid back, and are not only really comfortable, but help get your chest back and away from the steering wheel.
Often see this type of seat in Cobras, sitting a bit too upright, and with a big space behind the back of the seat.
The driver gets all cramped up against the steering wheel.

I also had the seat made about an inch slimmer than my race car seat,had to make a bit of room to allow for forward and back movement on rails...for Joanne to have the occasional drive.

I'll update with some decent shots when it has a lot more done .

Thanks for the nice comments.

Cheers,
Warren.

hsv300 08-17-2010 03:40 PM

Looks great Warren...could be down your way on Friday might call in for a look?

Greg

Donunder 08-17-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mando (Post 1072010)
Looks great, what's holding that front wheel on Wazza?

Mando were you at the Nationals last year? If so you'd know that Waz isn't too fussed about whether his wheels stay on or not. :LOL::LOL: Jo must have been on to him because a rubber band and fresh air is probably overkill for him.

I think he'd do well in the Reliant Robin they had on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago.

Okiesnake 08-17-2010 04:21 PM

I really like the paint and the meatball on the hood (bonnett).

Merv and Sharon 08-17-2010 04:41 PM

That gumball look good. Is the steering wheel on a pivot for access? Seems flat in orientation?

Dimis 08-17-2010 05:27 PM

Hi Wazza,

Love the colour combo, has a touch of "Don't mess with me punk" yet remains classy.

Also if I recall your looking at an LS7. I'm currently investigating kits & engine options at the moment and the LS7 is one that's on the radar. If I have to admit it, I'm a ford boy deep down, but have no prejudice against good engineering & Its hard to go past the 427 number on an LS7.

I'm fairly new at this stuff, and I'd love to know how you'd go with rego. I've been given conflicting advice from "it should be a no brainer..." to "unlikely" but I can't find anyone who has actually got one through on a new ICV in an eastern state.

Also love to know when your up and going, how much is too much, regarding power and the LS7.

Best of luck with your build Wazza, it's inspiring me to save more to kick into my cobra fund.

Many thanks,
Anth

Wazza 08-17-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsv300 (Post 1072110)
Looks great Warren...could be down your way on Friday might call in for a look?

Greg

Hi Greg...

No worries..

Unit 37,
Mudgeeraba Industrial Complex,
30 Mudgeeraba Road,
Mudgeeraba.
( Right next to Exit 77 on the Motorway )

Cheers,
Warren.

Wazza 08-17-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 1072121)
That gumball look good. Is the steering wheel on a pivot for access? Seems flat in orientation?

Hi Merv,

Optical illusion ...It's sitting loose on the console...still fitting the steering column.

But I have realized that I might need a quick release fitted on the steering wheel.....the bottom of the seat is quite long and makes it a bit tight to bend ya leg as you get in.

It really makes a difference to have a seat that fully supports the back of your thighs , rather than the usual cut off type .....but then you've got to get in and out of the car without requiring an additional joint in your legs.

I'll invent something as we go....just like a dozen other little things you don't realize when it's scribbled out on paper.

All good fun.

Cheers,
Warren

Rog246 08-17-2010 10:16 PM

Wazza, are your seats going to pass inspection-vis-a-vie ADR's ?
Or are these for 'Ron ?

Rog

Wazza 08-17-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donunder (Post 1072116)
Mando were you at the Nationals last year? If so you'd know that Waz isn't too fussed about whether his wheels stay on or not. :LOL::LOL: Jo must have been on to him because a rubber band and fresh air is probably overkill for him.

I think he'd do well in the Reliant Robin they had on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago.

Hey there young Don...

It was 2008...Paul Gillis's new car had some problems when he got to Wakefield park, so I gave him a seat in my car for the Nationals.

The attached photos were a result of Paul Gillis and I sharing my car...and sharing the work in the Pit Stops.

We had few changes to the back end, and a hurried Pit Stop...

He thought I tightened up the wheel nuts..and of course I thought HE had done it...

Result was Paul driving down the hill at Wakefield as one of the back wheels tried to overtake him.

Hey Paul....That last tyre joining the tyre wall...has a MAG WHEEL in it !!!

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...Cobra_2382.jpg

The walk of shame !

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...Cobra_2383.jpg

Pissed ourselves laughing.....

You think we'd learn....

He gave me a co-drive of his RCR SLC for the weekend, at one of the Super sprint meetings last year in Warwick.

Same thing happened again with me at the wheel.

We're right now though...we do up the bloody wheel nuts about three times every time we take a wheel off !!!:LOL:

Donunder 08-17-2010 11:29 PM

You're right Waz. It was 2008. :o
You can tell from the photos it wasn't 2009 because it's not bloody raining!!!
Jeez, time flies. 2008! That was back in the times when Stoney's engines would survive through an entire meeting!! :LOL:

Legless 08-18-2010 01:22 AM

The colour scheme and the rivets look fantastic Wazza.