Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Monaro Nats. Warwick

About 240 + (Holden)Monaros converged at Warwick for their annual get together over this weekend --plenty activities --show & shine, sprints, drags etc . However the event has been soured a bit as 9 (nine) went missing during the Friday night, some were tampered with and recovered.
Where were the cops when you need 'em? they are usually quite vigilant around here when it comes to minor traffic "errors".
There seems to be a rise in this sort car nickin' and extortion --and apparently you can get said possession returned simply by mentioning your plight to your local biker mob -- and for a sizeable fee it will reappear.

Any way, as the cobra nats are looming -- might be a good idea to keep a closer eye on ones own Cobra.

( the sport of nickin' things, insurance, finance, extortion, marriage break up ? etc etc)
Old 09-04-2010, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

At least one of the thieves had a bit of taste Yve.
He walked past all the assembled Monaros and nicked a Falcon GT. All class!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I used to work with the Lions club guys at Harrisfields when they catered the annual Bikies weekend at Aratula/Purga Creek. Now that was a fun weekend to see 6-7,000 bikies at play!

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default My bikie experience.

I have been retired from the Cops for 10 years. Back in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985 I was unfortunate enough to perform duty at the Easter Mount Panorama Bike Races when the riots occurred. The heirachy must have received some good intelligence that trouble was brewing as far back as 1979 as this was when mistakenly, the Police Compund was built on the top of the Mountain, right in the middle of where the most militant bikies gathered.

The Compound consisted of a 200 sq. foot area surrounded by 3 metre high cyclone wire fence capped all around with barbed wire. Not much protection from hundreds of molitov cocktails, steel star pickets and anything else that the 500 drunken bikies could throw at us for hours on end as well as ducking when the odd shot was fired at us by them.

The situation remained the same over the 4 years, but a larger Police presence was deployed each subsequent year.

In 1986 we tried a different tact which involved setting up road blocks at Kelso and searching all bikies before they entered Bathurst. This was highly successful and resulted in the arrest of persons wanted for murder in South Australia as well as the confiscation of numerous firearms and other military weapons.

I have prior military experience which came in handy one day when searching a bikies Harley, I came upon what I recognised as the base plate for a 2" mortar. Another group was stopped shortly after and we located the barrel then 10 rounds which had been carried by other riders in different groups. Probably saved a few lives that day.

The road blocks broke the bikies backs and ensured that Bathurst would never again experienced any episode which compared with this dreadful time in it's history.

I appreciate that this has nothing to do with Cobras, but is just one of many true war stories which I have experienced over 35 years Service and one which I thought that people might find interesting.

Baz
Old 09-05-2010, 02:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Interesting story Baz, thanks for sharing.

So you guys wernt all corrupt like underbelly would have you thinking?

Just Kidding.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I have been retired from the Cops for 10 years. Back in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985 I was unfortunate enough to perform duty at the Easter Mount Panorama Bike Races when the riots occurred. The heirachy must have received some good intelligence that trouble was brewing as far back as 1979 as this was when mistakenly, the Police Compund was built on the top of the Mountain, right in the middle of where the most militant bikies gathered.

The Compound consisted of a 200 sq. foot area surrounded by 3 metre high cyclone wire fence capped all around with barbed wire. Not much protection from hundreds of molitov cocktails, steel star pickets and anything else that the 500 drunken bikies could throw at us for hours on end as well as ducking when the odd shot was fired at us by them.

The situation remained the same over the 4 years, but a larger Police presence was deployed each subsequent year.

In 1986 we tried a different tact which involved setting up road blocks at Kelso and searching all bikies before they entered Bathurst. This was highly successful and resulted in the arrest of persons wanted for murder in South Australia as well as the confiscation of numerous firearms and other military weapons.

I have prior military experience which came in handy one day when searching a bikies Harley, I came upon what I recognised as the base plate for a 2" mortar. Another group was stopped shortly after and we located the barrel then 10 rounds which had been carried by other riders in different groups. Probably saved a few lives that day.

The road blocks broke the bikies backs and ensured that Bathurst would never again experienced any episode which compared with this dreadful time in it's history.

I appreciate that this has nothing to do with Cobras, but is just one of many true war stories which I have experienced over 35 years Service and one which I thought that people might find interesting.

Baz
Old 09-05-2010, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

In contrast Baz, the bikies at Purga Creek/Aratula were very well behaved.

Lots of beer and 9 tattoo tents running 24 hrs a day, 150 strippers on stage at the same time in a knock out contest, naked sky divers, their own lite plane air strip (Billy Thorpe and his band arrived ...). However, no fights. They had their own police with sawn off baseball bats and pit bulls and they were harsh. The State Police were outside ready to pounce, but were not needed the two years I was there. The bikies also had a breathalizer test of their own at the exit gate. If you didn't pass there were trees to rest under. You had to pay $10 to try again.

We sold 20,000 hamburgers.

Interesting times ...

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     

Seems most of the cars have been recovered --it rained heavily that night and was probably just some local jokers honing their boosting skills
Old 09-06-2010, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

2 cars went missing from Powercruise at Qld Raceway the previous weekend too, so it's all around at the moment.