Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-08-2001, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     
Default Wakefield Park Pic's Anyone?

HI GUYS
COULD'NT MAKE IT TO WAKEFEILD (TO MUCH WORK ON) AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY TOOK ANY PICTURES

CRAIG W
Old 10-08-2001, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default photos

Hi Craig,

yes i was there and i took 80 digital pics just have to work out how to get them on the forum.

thanks michael
Old 10-09-2001, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Michael, how did you enjoy the weekend? The weather at Bathurst looked bizarre with bright sun, then wind/rain/snow/hail!!! How was it there.

Who was outright fastest?
Who won the show&shine?
Who had the worst hangover on Sunday morning?
Where the GT40s much quicker than the Cobras?

I have many more questions, but that'll do for now!

If you don't have one already, it's quick and easy (and free) to set up a Yahoo! photo album, or CluPhoto album. Maybe you could load you photos to one of those sites, and just post a link to the albums. I'd love to see some pics!

See you,
Craig Marsh
Old 10-09-2001, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default cob nats

Hi 750hp,

as soon as i get time i`ll put up the photos,the weather on saturday was good but sunday was very very windy & cold plus
some rain & sleet, but the wind would dry things out.as far as i know gary sims in a BIG BLOCK robnell had the fastest lap time
although the gulf gt40 seemed qik as well shooting 5ft flames out the back when backing off or changing gear, awesome.as for hangovers go i got back to my motel at 1am saturday morning after a big night at the workers club & seeing the choir boys perform.more info soon

thanks michael
Old 10-10-2001, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Michael - thanks for the info. Gary Sims' car is a class act! 8 throttle body all alloy big block with Motec EFI, traction control and ABS!!!!!!! And for all that, probably one of the nicest looking cars around, too!

Tim's Gulf GT40 is a great package. His Haltech computer has always been a bit rich, which as you saw, makes for some spectacular flames He was up at Morgan Park - a little racetrack in Warwick, Qld. At the end of the straight, the revs were staying higher than they should have at that point on the track. Tim wrestled the car to a stop, only for everyone to later discover that one of the ram tubes became dislodged and jammed itself down onto the throttle linkage. Wide open throttle....

Craig
Old 10-10-2001, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

He should count himself lucky! Imagine the possible result if the loud pedal had suck wide open on the street....Ouch! At least there is a bit of run off on most trace tracks.

Crashing my pride and joy would always be in the back of my mind but that's the risk you take for the level of excitement you get.

Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: