Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   VIN number received another to hit the road (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/118111-vin-number-received-another-hit-road.html)

boss290cobra 11-28-2012 12:35 PM

VIN number received another to hit the road

Hi Guys ,been a while since i've posted anything but thought I would let you know I have now received my VIN number and booked in for Blue slip today so all being well should be registered for the weekend let's hope the rain goes away.
Although it's been a journey it's been well worth it and a huge thanks to Treeve for all his help during the engineering process ,now where will I plan my first trip :rolleyes:mmmmm the possibilities
To all the other guys in this process,keep at it

Cheers Darrell

letsboogie351 11-28-2012 12:39 PM

Congratulations
It is a good feeling when you are told that your VIN has arrived. Stamp the chasis and get rolling and enjoy!

Doug

Tenrocca 11-28-2012 12:42 PM

Bloody great news Darrell. Well done! :)

sambo 11-28-2012 02:23 PM

Well done. Fingers crossed for good driving weather.

Wazza 11-28-2012 04:43 PM

Congrats...Very nice car...nice colour as well.
Cheers,
Warren

Modena 11-29-2012 01:11 AM

congrats, fantastic news!

sevenohms 12-04-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss290cobra (Post 1220655)
hi guys ,been a while since i've posted anything but thought i would let you know i have now received my vin number and booked in for blue slip today so all being well should be registered for the weekend let's hope the rain goes away.
Although it's been a journey it's been well worth it and a huge thanks to treeve for all his help during the engineering process ,now where will i plan my first trip :rolleyes:mmmmm the possibilities
to all the other guys in this process,keep at it

cheers darrell

great job! :d

boxhead 12-04-2012 04:02 AM

Great stuff, watch out for cats and dogs at roundabouts.

macloft 12-04-2012 04:46 AM

Well done ... Car looks .. These another of those moments of pride and self satisfaction coming up when you take your first drive with the new plates. Enjoy

Bruce

Gav 12-04-2012 01:06 PM

Well done, have fun!

Dimis 12-04-2012 02:23 PM

Congrats & Enjoy :)

Looking at your gallery pic I still can believe you were able to persuade that engine to fit into that opening. :eek: %/:eek:
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...990_Small_.JPG

Did you use a 44gal drum of Vaseline on the outside of the engine to slip her in..? :LOL:

boss290cobra 12-04-2012 07:02 PM

Thanks guys all worth it in the end,...until I went to rta to get rego and after all the paperwork and copies of all my receipts and the plates within arms reach,the computer randomly pick my car to have an inspection, so until the 11/12 when I go to Unanderra for the inspection I still remain unregistered,uhhh what's 1 more week

Dimis,yes almost considered getting a 44 gal drum but surprisingly it fits

Treeve 12-07-2012 09:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback mate, and although I'll be on my Christmas break by the time you get plates I'd still love to hear about it!

Cheers,

Treeve

Bob In Ct 12-08-2012 06:03 AM

I know I'm really anal about stuff like this, but we all need to stop saying "VIN number" (it's redundant) it's "VIN". While I'm at it can we also stop saying "ATM machine", "UPC code", "PIN number", "free gift", "unexpected surprise", "proven fact", "plan ahead", and my favorite "convicted felon". And since I'm on a roll, the plural of "Cobra" is "Cobras", not "Cobra's". I know, I really need to get out more!

Good luck with the car.

Bob

Wazza 12-08-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob In Ct (Post 1222034)
I know I'm really anal about stuff like this but we all need to stop saying "VIN number" (it's redundant) it's "VIN". While I'm at it can we also stop saying "ATM machine", "UPC code", "PIN number", "free gift", "unexpected surprise", "proven fact", "plan ahead", and my favorite "convicted felon". And since I'm on a roll, the plural of "Cobra" is "Cobras", not "Cobra's". I know, I really need to get out more!

Good luck with the car.

Bob

You should've had a comma after " stuff like this".....:D

Just sayin'.....

I know what you mean....I posted on the forum tonight, and as usual, I had to edit it...and as usual, when I wrote my reason for editing...I had to admit it was "spelling errors".

I wouldn't let it bother you too much on this forum....the grammar and spelling is sometimes a bit poor, but they all get their message across.

Cheers,
Warren.:)

boss290cobra 12-10-2012 07:56 PM

Hi,guys today i went to rta at unanderra for inspection and now am the proud owner of a nsw registered "cobra" inspection took about 20 mins and it passed and it was nice to have the rta inspector comment "done a great job" so pleasing to hear and now plates fitted and rego sticker affixed although weather doesn't look so promising,but it's gonna take alot more than that to wipe the grin from this face.

Cheers darrell

Wazza 12-10-2012 08:00 PM

Good stuff...
Fill the tank up...and away you go.
Water won't hurt you.....just gotta keep moving.

Cheers,
Warren.

Merv and Sharon 12-10-2012 09:40 PM

Terrific feeling Darrell. We all remember it well. Hope the weather stays good over Christmas for you.

Beejay 12-10-2012 09:54 PM

Well done mate.

Fantastic news that Cobras are getting on the road.

Ben

marksy40 12-10-2012 10:42 PM

Congratulations Darrell, well done!
There's nothing quite like that feeling of relief and excitement when those plates are finally screwed on and you take that first spin.
Fingers crossed the weather holds out for you.....enjoy! :)