Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Do you reckon this might upset the purists? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/121775-do-you-reckon-might-upset-purists.html)

Aussie Mike 08-12-2013 02:04 AM

Do you reckon this might upset the purists?

A bit of an idea I've been exploring. I'm making up some adapters to bolt 427 FE valve covers onto my LS motor. I thought it might be good for a laugh. ;)

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1376298088

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1376298090

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1376298090

stiffy 08-12-2013 02:08 AM

Shed run

Aussie,

Great timing I was attempting to speak to you in Wednesday night about a shed run to your place,,,,,,,,,,,

PM or call and we can arrange

Stiff

BJ's Snake 08-12-2013 02:58 AM

Geez Mike..
I'm glad I saw your car run at Shelbyfest back in '07, it seems to getting less and less of a car each thread.:eek:

Hopefully I'm still around when finally finished. :3DSMILE:

Cheers

Dimis 08-12-2013 03:16 AM

You could get arrested for that - Impersonating a REAL engine. :p

Talent not withstanding, 2 words automatically spring to mind - Lipstick & Pig.

I tell you what WOULD be funny, watching you suffer withdrawals after you come to the realisation that youve finished every little project possibly imaginable on that hot rod of yours!

Enjoy :)

Tonus72 08-12-2013 03:31 AM

Aussie Mike

I love the idea!

I am planning an LS3 powered Cobra, and there is always someone that insists that a 'fake' Cobra must have the 'real' engine...

'Most people' would be fooled by some Cobra valve covers anyway, so I reckon you are onto something.

Are you going to market them?? ;)

Tony

Ps - anyone offended by the word 'fake' can swap the word for replica... :)-

Mrs flatchat 08-12-2013 03:43 AM

You're out there Mike ;) -- with those tappet noise megaphones:D

Dimis 08-12-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonus72 (Post 1257019)

'Most people' would be fooled by some Cobra valve covers anyone, so I reckon you are onto something.
-

Very true... and the rest wouldn't even know or care. :o

750hp 08-12-2013 05:32 AM

Bloody excellent Mike!!! Leroy17's cross ram intake and those rocker cover would look perfect!

I'm going to put an LS motor into my 63 Mercury Comet. Your rocker cover conversion could save me from the lynch mob...

stephen low 08-12-2013 05:34 AM

Hey Mike

Did those covers come with those real "cobra" heads that were up for sale recently on flea-bay mate???? So you were the behind the scenes buyer.

Anyway given the covers don't say Ford on them, who really gives a sh-1-te, and they do say cobra so all is forgiven - right????

And I might even be back on the road before you this time - ha ha

Keep on pedalling mate.

Cheers

Steve

Gav 08-12-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1257012)
You could get arrested for that - Impersonating a REAL engine. :p

Talent not withstanding, 2 words automatically spring to mind - Lipstick & Pig.

I tell you what WOULD be funny, watching you suffer withdrawals after you come to the realisation that youve finished every little project possibly imaginable on that hot rod of yours!

Enjoy :)

Tell you what would be good, is if you pulled your head in a bit.

dallas_ 08-12-2013 06:41 AM

Nice! That will cause a few people to take a second look for sure.

As for upsetting the purists, this is the signature of a guy on another forum that I happen to agree with. :)

Quote:

I have figured out that keeping everyone happy is nearly impossible but pissing people off is easy and fun.

BAsque1 08-12-2013 08:00 AM

Sacrilegious:**) yet gonady

fordracing65 08-12-2013 08:16 AM

Awesome....

BMK 08-12-2013 11:32 AM

What can I say...:LOL:..:LOL:.....

Thor maine 08-12-2013 01:38 PM

I love it . They don't say "Powered by Ford" just Cobra Le mans , love it.

Dimis 08-12-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1257044)
Tell you what would be good, is if you pulled your head in a bit.

Fair enough and duly noted.
Sorry lads, just poking a little fun.
No harm intended.

Play no...

Aussie Mike 08-12-2013 03:01 PM

They are just sitting on there at the moment. I ordered them back in April and they only just turned up (back order with summit). The Aussie dollar was good and summit had given me a discount voucher with my previous order.

My thought was that they could be machined to go over the coils with slots cut in the sides for the plug leads. Gav's BB Chev style coil covers gave me the idea when i saw them at Shelbyfest. It's a project for when the car is back o the road.

Cheers

Jerry Clayton 08-12-2013 04:11 PM

Take a look at Carl Wegners stuff--he did all the spec LS Nascar engines and has front drive distributors and Ford valve covers plus lots of other stuff-----located up north of me about 3 hours on a large farm factory/shop in Wisconsin------Gets a lot of the factory stuff that doesn't exist out of the back door of a GM building that isn't there-I got my LS7 block from him and he wants me to do the Ford front drive dist but it won't fit a LS7 drysump engine-

And Mike---what about that front engine dragster deal you were doing?????

Jerry

Wegner Motorsports Inc - Main

Zedn 08-13-2013 03:41 AM

I considered doing the same thing Mike. Would make good coil covers.

I decided to make some fabricated sheet covers out of alloy instead. Have to make a sheet bender first!

Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

BMK 08-13-2013 04:46 PM

Aussie Mike

I have a spare big Ford block............ Go on..:LOL: