Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   docs drb ac cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/121825-docs-drb-ac-cobra.html)

darkside 08-21-2013 04:24 AM

hi gav ,well aint you a nasty liddle thang,let me guess,u own a cobra with a chev in it ,sorry to hear that bloke but no malice intended,lotsa luv from the good doc with a $400 hole in his pocket...oh an yur post makes no sense,if i had superior blue oval I.Q why would i know sweet FA about toranas...putz...doc:CRY:

Gav 08-21-2013 04:47 AM

Not being nasty Doc, just trying to point out that not all of us are one eyed.

Dimis 08-21-2013 04:52 AM

Darkside, nice of you to join us here.
Nice resurrection too... Its great to have a build thread to follow.
Thanks for sharing.

FWIW: $400 well spent. If youre anything like me, I can imagine you'll piss a bit more money into the wind than that. So dont be too hard on yourself.
If you want to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs.

Ps: That paint job on your old ford guzzler looks freakin amazing.
Typically photos don't do these things justice, but the reflections off that black... Outstanding!!!

darkside 08-21-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1258606)
Not being nasty Doc, just trying to point out that not all of us are one eyed.

did i come across as one eyed?:LOL:no wonder i got taken for $400...do u work for ppq gav? :LOL::JEKYLHYDE:LOL: seriously bloke the red versus blue thing has been going on in this country forever,i just happen to bat for the oval ova *****...good thing yur victorian or u would be at me for winning origin too i spose:3DSMILE:
....so can u help with torana info?...doc

darkside 08-21-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1258608)
Darkside, nice of you to join us here.
Nice resurrection too... Its great to have a build thread to follow.
Thanks for sharing.

FWIW: $400 well spent. If youre anything like me, I can imagine you'll piss a bit more money into the wind than that. So dont be too hard on yourself.
If you want to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs.

Ps: That paint job on your old ford guzzler looks freakin amazing.
Typically photos don't do these things justice, but the reflections off that black... Outstanding!!!

if u like that dimis then you will love our other coupe
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...h031Medium.jpg

Gav 08-21-2013 05:08 AM

Yep, been working for PPQ for years and commute everyday.
I have nearly as much dedication to the cause as you do :)

spookypt 08-21-2013 05:25 AM

Gav, that commute everyday things a porky.... We all know that once you Nsw, Vic's and nude zeelanders arrive u never leave!!!! It's ground hog day every day here... One perfect day after another...

With jobs being tight some of our kiwi kuzzers are heading back.... So its getting even better!!!

Yep don't say it...one eyed.... I know! :D

darkside 08-21-2013 05:27 AM

:LOL:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1258616)
Yep, been working for PPQ for years and commute everyday.
I have nearly as much dedication to the cause as you do :)

good one gav:p....after searching on this site i came across couple interesting posts,one from absolute pace who seems to have some good info on torana brake upgrades ,man has he got some b!tchin (oops cant say *****in)stuff going on in his shop,luv ya work ..makes me wanna sell this ol gurl and start again :eek:..also came across one of yur mates gav ...icetoo...great read,starting to think ford kiddies an gm kiddies dont play too well in the same sand box ...doc:LOL:

sambo 08-21-2013 06:09 AM

Torana/Torino, who cares doc. It's the love of the machine that brings us all here.

So who does the body work on your prized coupes and do they like to work with glass? :D

darkside 08-21-2013 06:33 AM

most of the body work carried out here at home ,my man cave should never rust with all the overspray.the green coupes colour is called blue flip and is a transluscent candy pearl(translates to "screwed if you get a chip")to get that colout tone its painted in 3 ltrs gold first then 12 ltres of colour and 4 ltrs of clear .no need to lower it :LOL:...when we finally finish this coupe the other black one is finally going to start to be restored to its original colour appolo blue over silver ..then i will look at repainting the drb if i havnt grown out of it .i will then tell you if i like to work with glass..%/..i can see ripplley bits already in the ac that are annoying me and have to try hard somedays not to take to it with a flat board,just keep walking past**)**)**)...and yes we do love these little cars...doc