Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   OMFG....new VF GTS!!!!!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/122257-omfg-new-vf-gts.html)

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 12:34 AM

OMFG....new VF GTS!!!!!!!

Talk about hitting the ball out of the ballpark!!!
430kw_740Nm 6.2 supercharged LSA Gen 4.... 9.9inch Diff...brakes are 6 pot 390mm-Fronts 372mm rears to stop you!!
6 speed box and with more goodies to poke a stick at in an absolute blinder of a car,as they say a game changer!!
Could not fault the car.... I'll keep the $$$$$$$$$ in my pocket that could have gone to an M series or AMG ,seriously I reckon HSV have nailed both these cars to the back seat!!
If you get a chance go in and have a gander!!!:cool:

d488y2 09-13-2013 12:45 AM

The new HSV GTS is an awesome performance car but HSV need to sort out a few QA issues like colour matching bumpers.
Also HSV had want to make sure that the Holden Service Centres are up the the task of maintaining these High Performance Vehicles. Believe me they struggle with a basic Oil change.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7b6e4da.jpg

Rog246 09-13-2013 01:13 AM

Hmmm wonder who the rocket scientist was that put THAT car on display.
You wouldn't exactly say it bodes well Quality wise would you %/

750hp 09-13-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d488y2 (Post 1262555)
HSV need to sort out a few QA issues like colour matching bumpers.

Why bother. They already look as bland as a taxi, so a bit of YELLOW CAB paintwork and it's ready to join Brad's fleet.
Put the mechanicals in a Cobra and discard the rest!

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d488y2 (Post 1262555)
The new HSV GTS is an awesome performance car but HSV need to sort out a few QA issues like colour matching bumpers.
Also HSV had want to make sure that the Holden Service Centres are up the the task of maintaining these High Performance Vehicles. Believe me they struggle with a basic Oil change.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7b6e4da.jpg

So your calling paint faults from a carsales picture???
Never ever take your car to a HSV dealership!!!
Previously ....never had good dealings with 3 different dealerships down here!!
And you would post a pick of one of the worst colours!!!%/ HERON WHITE ONLY PLEASE!!!
Seriously the GTS today was in my eyes faultless!!!...I got a great one!!

750hp 09-13-2013 02:16 AM

Ah you bought one?!? Kindly disregard my taxi comment then... :)

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 03:13 AM

NO... havent sold the house yet and dont want a 3rd divorce but we are close to pen on paper.....even changed the dealer order for a red auto to a heron manual to try a get me then and there but no deal!!
..can still be a Taxi but a F@rkinnnn quick one.

Seriously though Mate the whole package was Superb!!!!... as they say a " game changer!!"

Mrs flatchat 09-13-2013 03:23 AM

Aaah! we're back to two tone again:LOL:

d488y2 09-13-2013 03:07 PM

Hey Ozcobra, you still got the GTS Coupe?

400TT 09-13-2013 04:18 PM

Makes you feel proud to be an Aussie. :)

That new GTS is a superb piece of engineering.

And anything with over 700Nm of torque gets my attention.

Cobra01 09-13-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 750hp (Post 1262558)
Why bother. They already look as bland as a taxi, so a bit of YELLOW CAB paintwork and it's ready to join Brad's fleet.
Put the mechanicals in a Cobra and discard the rest!

No way Craig

Those Taxi drivers would have it a long way up a tree on its first shift.

Besides i quite like the 5.2 Litres per 100 km not 5.0 km per Litre.

The Cobra option is very sensible

Cheers

Brad

Gaz64 09-13-2013 05:52 PM

I've driven a VF Clubsport, absolutely totally impressed with the road feel etc, beautiful car.
Best Commodore to date, after being a HOLDEN technician for 32 years, (Gold Certified).

Can't wait to drive a GTS.

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d488y2 (Post 1262696)
Hey Ozcobra, you still got the GTS Coupe?

Nope Coupe gone!!... Would seriously consider another if the right car came up there are a few but most with K's would go Devil again with yellow interior!!!:cool:

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 08:09 PM

I guess the only visual negative when I think about it was the actual paint finish I'd be taking the car straight to someone like Damien Angelucci to be Colour corrected really not a fan off the orange peel look!!

fordracing65 09-13-2013 09:29 PM

The steering wheel is on the wrong side...;)

OZCOBRA 09-13-2013 09:41 PM

Stand on your head!!! :LOL:

richardferguson 09-14-2013 11:45 PM

Could not fault the car.... I'll keep the $$$$$$$$$ in my pocket that could have gone to an M series or AMG ,seriously I reckon HSV have nailed both these cars to the back seat!!

Since you were wondering...At the dragstrip: HSV GTS v AMG E63 S
:o

Towmaster 09-15-2013 01:35 AM

You would burn the purchase price of the GTS in 18 months if you bought the E63....
It's interesting that the standard VF SS utes time at the Norburgring (8:19) is only 6 seconds slower (8:13) than the C63 AMG...

OZCOBRA 09-15-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardferguson (Post 1262910)
Since you were wondering...At the dragstrip: HSV GTS v AMG E63 S
:o

As the man said "you decide if your willing to pay $50k for a 10th/sec all up $150k"...... NO!!!!!
Until you've driven both??...... I reckon the GTS is the winner all round!! :3DSMILE:

Gaz64 09-15-2013 03:20 AM

Agree.

You can buy TWO GTSs, and still have $50k left over.

One is the latest fastest toughest Holden EVER built, and the other looks like all the other wanna-bee Merc drivers.
What Merc driver would ever really drive it hard anyhow?

VF GTS with 430kw from factory? How long before they get 600kw?

Remember the start of LS1 in Australia, we had 225kw, current tuners can get about 70% over that.