Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   WANTED: Sell me your used side pipes! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/122324-wanted-sell-me-your-used-side-pipes.html)

750hp 09-16-2013 01:59 AM

WANTED: Sell me your used side pipes!

(January - putting the feelers out again in case there are any pipes laying around).

One of the benefits of having an early Cobra replca is the ability to fit a big block and working side pipes, so it seems only fair to head down that path...

Does anyone have any old traditional shape side pipes that they wish to sell? With so many flash Cobras being built/rebuilt/personalised I hope someone might have an old set that were in need of some TLC and that might have been removed for a shiny new chromed or stainless set.

I think that a shiny new polished set of pipes on my car would stand out like t!ts on a bull, hence my desire to get something more in fitting with the "just finished an endurance race in 1965" look that I'm aiming for (comp screen, big block and decals to follow).

Pipes must be working, or able to be modified to suit. Correct appearance, preferably 2" primary but a minimum of 1 7/8". Flaked HPC or scratched is fine, as they'll be rubbed back and given a lovely coat of Matt black and a bit of instant patina.

Please PM me and I'd be keen to chat to see what you have.

Cheers

Dimis 09-16-2013 02:55 AM

I might have something for you...
Pm sent with the details.

albanycobra 09-16-2013 06:42 PM

PM sent Craig

David Hodgson 09-16-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 750hp (Post 1263084)
One of the benefits of having an early Cobra replca is the ability to fit a big block and working side pipes, so it seems only fair to head down that path...

Now Craig, we wouldn't be wanting our cake AND eating it would we? ;)

750hp 09-17-2013 12:46 AM

Sure would!

750hp 09-28-2013 10:52 AM

Putting out the feelers one last time for some old sidepipes with the original "4 primary pipe" look.

Thanks

lamaluv 09-28-2013 11:08 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...B_2007_036.jpg

Craig it would be so much simpler for you to just buy my car and you wouldn't have to do anything to your current ride. :LOL:

Dick

750hp 09-28-2013 04:44 PM

Dick, it would be so much simpler for you to just stop tormenting me about your beautiful ERA for sale! :)
If anyone in Oz would like to join Dad and my recently formed and completely fictitious "Red Left Hand Drive Cobra Car Club Of Australia", this is the car for you. E.R.A. 427SC Cobra EXP002, Guards Red, For Sale
Dick can tell you all about the car, and PM me if you're not sure about what is involved in applying for import approval for a car like this.

Dimis 09-28-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 750hp (Post 1265023)
Dick, it would be so much simpler for you to just stop tormenting me about your beautiful ERA for sale! :)
If anyone in Oz would like to join Dad and my recently formed and completely fictitious "Red Left Hand Drive Cobra Car Club Of Australia", this is the car for you. E.R.A. 427SC Cobra EXP002, Guards Red, For Sale
Dick can tell you all about the car, and PM me if you're not sure about what is involved in applying for import approval for a car like this.

I would happily join in a heart beat, but for the small matter of not being able to justify 2 cobras to the household minister of finance. :CRY:
The longer it doesn't sell... The closer I get ;)
Jus' saying. :)

nobby 09-28-2013 05:35 PM

I have just purchased a set from the US I found on here, jet hot black coated and original 4 into 1 style with the correct merge. My wife is upset I will be replacing the shiny polished ones but I can't wait to get them on the car. I have the decals and was running billboards for a while but they proved to be more of a pain then they were worth and they ever so slightly rubbed on the front suspension. Hope you find what you are looking for.

lamaluv 09-28-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1265026)
I would happily join in a heart beat, but for the small matter of not being able to justify 2 cobras to the household minister of finance. :CRY:

Maybe if my wife were to throw in some of her handmade jewelry we could change the minister of finances mind. :LOL:

Donunder 09-28-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1265026)

Dimis, you're only young once...

This is a beautiful well-sorted car with something incredibly rare in Australian Cobra circles; it's a virtual prototype from one of the most highly regarded US manufacturers, it has an authenticated history going back over thirty years, it has been carefully and sensibly updated over the years, its a proven competitor in clubsport events over its lifetime, it's a warrior not a trailer queen, yet it's presented in absolutely stunning condition -- in short, it has history, provenance and heritage.

If Dick were ten years younger there's no possible way in the world he'd be letting this treasure go.

Sure, there might be some heartburn in the Dimis household initially if this highly desirable car should find its way into your garage, but ask yourself this, bearing in mind you're only here once, -- what's worse? A short period of discord that will settle in no time? Or a lifetime of regrets knowing that you missed out on a fabulous piece of Cobra history? :(

The wife of a Queensland Cobra Club member laid a similar line on me a few years ago when I was torn between chasing my dream of owning my own car, or living vicariously through my son's cars. She basically said time's running out -- just do it or you'll never forgive yourself!!! I took her advice and every time I see her, or look at my lovely old Arntz, I thank my lucky stars she figuratively shook me by the scruff of the neck and urged me into action.

Mate, you have the opportunity to be the next guardian of what would be a car unique in Australia, so if you want it....well you know the rest...

Signed: Don Marsh
Marriage Counsellor.

Legless 09-28-2013 11:50 PM

When I was looking for a car a couple of years ago that would satisfy our import conditions, actually when Craig and Don got their first Arntz. I came very close to writing to Dick asking him to let me know if he wanted to sell his car. Shortly after that thought I seem to recall him writing something along the lines of "it will never be sold and will stay in the family". Maybe I'm mistaken but I think that's what happened. Anyway, it's a Great car Dick and if your dollar keeps falling I'm sure someone here will pounce on it. Good luck with the sale, and yeah I can't justify two cobras either. :CRY:

cheers
Paul

lamaluv 09-29-2013 07:13 AM

Yes Paul I do remember saying that but as my only child has matured he is not the old car guy that I had hoped for. More into new muscle cars. If I passed the old girl on to him she would just get sold to buy a new car. Life has indeed changed for me, but maybe the "Red Headed Mistress" will find a new home in OZ. If it is meant to be it will happen.

Dick

Dimis 09-30-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamaluv (Post 1265029)
Maybe if my wife were to throw in some of her handmade jewelry we could change the minister of finances mind. :LOL:

:LOL:
Great idea... I'll try that one on her, and see how I go.

Dimis 09-30-2013 06:42 PM

error - double post.

nobby 10-28-2013 02:10 AM

Hey mate here, I hope is a picture of the pipes I purchased on my car, cheers,
Rob.http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...1/ppuser/26177

nobby 10-28-2013 02:12 AM

photo17 - Club Cobra Photo Gallery

750hp 10-28-2013 03:05 AM

Thanks Rob. I've just replied to your PM.
Comparing your new pipes to your previous ones = huge improvement. The car has a really nice period style about it. Get ready for me to steal some of your good ideas...! ;)

lamaluv 10-28-2013 07:36 AM

Craig when you get your new pipes you might consider using stainless steel clamps to connect the header pipes to the side pipes. That way you can change from muffled to straight pipes in a few minutes when you are going to be racing. Also when you want to pizz off the neighbors. :LOL:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...-26-07-034.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...-26-07-033.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1000962.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1000964.jpg