Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By 1 TUF AC
  • 1 Post By guye
  • 2 Post By Donunder
  • 2 Post By leroy17
  • 1 Post By 750hp

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, LS1 stack injection
Not Ranked     
Default two years of hunting for Cobra has paid off.

I thought I might post something on the forum for the first time since I've been stalking the forum for two years trying to find the Cobra of my dreams.

I have had my Cobra for three weeks now and am so glad that I waited for something I really liked instead of settling the something half decent that I needed a lot of work.

I can't believe how hard it is to find a Cobra. I actually gave up on buying a Cobra because everyone I looked at was either overpriced or just unsafe to drive in some cases.

Every day I would wake up for work 5:30am morning and check my car sales app on my phone while I was having a coffee and the same old cars were for sale in till one-day a different car came up and I couldn't believe it was exactly what I was after.

so I rang up the owner straight away made an offer and booked a flights.

I've never gone interstate to buy car because I read a lot of stories about cars from interstate not passing engineers all that type of stuff that really turned me off. But my Cobra was the easiest car to get on the road and register in Victoria.

The previous owner was a pleasure to deal with. He was so professional I thought he was a car salesman lol. Really nice guy.

I can't believe how good the car rides and handles I never thought I would find a cobra so well-balanced. The only drama I have had was when I got it to Melbourne the engine did not like the cold weather up here and it would not run right but after got it dyno tuned it's running good now. Just wish the weather in Melbourne was better so I can take it out more often.
Name:  DSC096ccc54.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  93.2 KB
Aussie Mike, boxhead, mate and 6 others like this.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Aha! Leroy's Harrison! Congratulations!

Welcome 1_tuff_ac to the forum proper. Now, where are you in Melbourne? Any chance we might see you at a monthly Vic Club meeting? There is one next week actually. Would all love to see this legendary car and meet her new owner I'm sure.
itempany likes this.

Last edited by guye; 08-25-2014 at 04:06 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum 1 TUF AC.

You now own one of the best Cobras ever to come out of Qld.

Warmer weather is just around the corner so you'll soon have the opportunity to get out and about in your fabulous new car.

And you're right ... the previous owner is one of nature's gentlemen, without doubt.
itempany and 1 TUF AC like this.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Sits on the same side of the garage as it did in QLD, so it should feel at home and it looks at home there as well.

Successfull transactions are two sided, and it was very easy dealing with a buyer who knows what he's looking for and understands the market as well.

Open and honest communication goes a long way and I feel that the Cobra community is too close to d!ck anyone around with missrepresentation. Plus the search function in this forum is an increadible sourse of information that goes back nearly 13 years.

I certainly have been there when you are checking carsales etc on a daily basis to see the same number of cars for sale, the same photos, the same prices.

Anyway, I am pleased that it has gone to a good home and will be well cared for, and to be used at every fine weather day opportunity.
Rossba and 1 TUF AC like this.

Last edited by leroy17; 08-25-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Very nice Cobra, good engine too, I might have to steak your stack injection when you're not looking though.

Be great to meet you at the next VCCC meeting next week.

Weather-wise - we have been lucky the last two weekends and this one looks good too. You just need a good jacket and sometimes a beanie.

Out of interest what sort of numbers did the dyno show?

cheers

gregg
Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Now we can dish up all the dirt on what a rotten car it is (LOL just kidding)

Congratulations on picking up a very nicely built and optioned car. Get along to a Vic Cobra club meeting and show it off to some fellow rev heads.

Cheers

Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks guys. Very happy with the car. When and what time is the next Victoria Cobra club meeting? I wouldn't mind meeting some new faces and cars. Do you guys do many Cobra cruises? what happens at these meetings?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

We meet the first Wed of every month. at The Manningham Club, Pavilion Room, 1 Thompsons Road, Bulleen VIC 3105

Most people get there between 6:30 and 7:30 and have dinner and an informal chat.

We do a bit of formal stuff around 7:30-8 and then more informal chats.

Rohan our new Prez has lined up a V8 Supercar driver Jim Keogh next week, so I am looking forward to that.

Regarding Cruises: We have had a couple of great ones this year so far including a shed run to a sports car race team and some hot rod and dry car builders as well as a race cobra build. We also went to a car museum on the Mornington Penninsula and pub lunch. All good fun.

We then also have ShelbyFest race meeting @Winton in March and Nationals @Goulburn in Oct. Plus other events if you want to see what your car does on a track in a relatively safe scenario.

Lastly - There are a lot of great people in the club and are always willing to offer some sage advice and assistance. (I have personally solved some great problems listening to others).

Anyway come along next week - there should be a lot of us there due to our special guest.

Cheers

Gregg
Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

You can view the CCCV club calendar here:

Cobra Car Club of Victoria
Old 08-26-2014, 02:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
We meet the first Wed of every month. at The Manningham Club, Pavilion Room, 1 Thompsons Road, Bulleen VIC 3105

Most people get there between 6:30 and 7:30 and have dinner and an informal chat.

We do a bit of formal stuff around 7:30-8 and then more informal chats.

Rohan our new Prez has lined up a V8 Supercar driver Jim Keogh next week, so I am looking forward to that.

Regarding Cruises: We have had a couple of great ones this year so far including a shed run to a sports car race team and some hot rod and dry car builders as well as a race cobra build. We also went to a car museum on the Mornington Penninsula and pub lunch. All good fun.

We then also have ShelbyFest race meeting @Winton in March and Nationals @Goulburn in Oct. Plus other events if you want to see what your car does on a track in a relatively safe scenario.

Lastly - There are a lot of great people in the club and are always willing to offer some sage advice and assistance. (I have personally solved some great problems listening to others).

Anyway come along next week - there should be a lot of us there due to our special guest.

Cheers

Gregg

I would like to come just depends on what time I finish work and it would probably take me an hour and a half to get their from the western suburbs. Do you guys always take your cars to the meeting or do you only bring them on a nice night? I will try to make an appearance and if I do I will probably freeze to death on the way home lol. Jacket and Benny should fix that. I would definitely want to come to the Shelby Fest.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In winter not many people brave the open top car, but in spring/summer etc we get a few there. I always have jacket, beanie and gloves in my Cobra :-)

You can arrive any time - this week I am hopping off a flight at Tulla at 6:30 and hope to be there by 7:30. Might have to brave some airline food :-(
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Great purchase mate! Not sure how tall you are, but Leigh did some really effective mods to get you sitting down nice and low in the car. Looks unreal, sounds tough and that engine bay is stunning!
1 TUF AC likes this.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Great purchase mate! Not sure how tall you are, but Leigh did some really effective mods to get you sitting down nice and low in the car. Looks unreal, sounds tough and that engine bay is stunning!
you do sit very low in his car but I am 5/9 feet tall and it's just perfect for my height. I have a few mates with Cobra"s in the Melbourne Cobra owners club and they are very short and they can't see over that dashboard lol. nothing Yellow Pages can't fix. Leigh done a great job with this car there is nothing to do on the car because everything was done right the first time. I am just going to drive it and enjoy it. The dyno Guy that tuned the car in Melbourne said if I change the roller rockers and valve springs I could get a more power out of the motor but for now it has more then enough power to put a smile on my dial. Maybe a power upgrade for the future.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
In winter not many people brave the open top car
This ain't true. Every one has to bring their cobra or they won't let you in
(Only kiddin')

Congrats!
Very nice pick up... despite the hold-on engine.

Hope to catch a gawk at this car and meet up with its new owner.
It's highly regarded car, you've done well.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Nice work, great car. Enjoy.

Coming to the Cobra Nationals?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked