Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spookypt

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 2015 2 Days of Thunder - Towmaster

Just a flag for anyone interested in doing this again this year? Last year didn't happen for a variety of reasons and unfortunately this year it again clashes with the MP A series Rd 3. Urgh. There may well be others outside that group not involved in that who may be keen to get a group together. (Scotty, Geoff, Gary, Greg etc etc)

I'm not sure if this is already being arranged by the QCCC ? Towy if I'm flagging it early and its already being sorted I apologise for the post. (I forget to ask you on the weekend mate)

Att: Towmaster Motorsport Co-ordinator

QLD Raceways - Two Days of Thunder
Old 05-24-2015, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just an update on this event. There are NO garages left. I believe Towmaster will be running his Supercar in the tin tops as well as Geoff T in his cobra and Timmy T in his Porsche. The sport car regularity is the only non race category which is undersubscribed I believe at this stage but you risk 3 days in the mud. Been there done that.

Maybe next year, without A series clashes and an even healthier cobra community we can get back and group participate at this event, Certainly it was a good fun event but date clashes and other garaging issues it now passes without our clubs participation. I'll still go out and help the boys throw around a few spanners!

Spookypt
Wazza likes this.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Just an update on this event. There are NO garages left. I believe Towmaster will be running his Supercar in the tin tops as well as Geoff T in his cobra and Timmy T in his Porsche. The sport car regularity is the only non race category which is undersubscribed I believe at this stage but you risk 3 days in the mud. Been there done that.

Maybe next year, without A series clashes and an even healthier cobra community we can get back and group participate at this event, Certainly it was a good fun event but date clashes and other garaging issues it now passes without our clubs participation. I'll still go out and help the boys throw around a few spanners!

Spookypt

Yep unfortunately for the Cobra brigade this event has clashed with the A series for the last 2 years. Previous to that we had a Marquee (we chose the location, we either had grassed area or Tarmac at the end of the pit strait) setup which was made affordable by a sponsorship arrangement with Moreton Hire.
The event has drawn the attention of other racing categories now and as such the original event (mainly a sprint event) has morphed into a race event with some Muscle car sprints (undersubscribed) thrown in for good measure.
Don't think this event will get back to the way it was, more chance of a new event springing up I think.
There is limited garages at Queensland Raceway so I am guessing they are offering them to the race categories first then if there are any leftover then the support categories scramble for the rest.
The other option would be to do what we did at Bathurst and buy some 6m x 3m Marquees ($350 from Anaconda) and setup on the bitumen at the end of the row of garages?
Old 06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks like the Porsches Sprints, Muscle Car Sprints and QR Sports Sedans are almost fully subscribed with a few weeks to go.

The other 4 "race" categories are mostly less than 1/2 full. Still looking like a sprint meet to me based on the latest figures.

Trans Am QR 18/40
Group N QR 17/40
Muscle Car Sprints QR 36/40
QR Sports & Sedans QR 37/40
Classic Sports Sedans QR 23/40
QTCC QR 11/40
Porsche Club Sprints QR 39/40
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Looks like the Porsches Sprints, Muscle Car Sprints and QR Sports Sedans are almost fully subscribed with a few weeks to go.

The other 4 "race" categories are mostly less than 1/2 full. Still looking like a sprint meet to me based on the latest figures.

Trans Am QR 18/40
Group N QR 17/40
Muscle Car Sprints QR 36/40
QR Sports & Sedans QR 37/40
Classic Sports Sedans QR 23/40
QTCC QR 11/40
Porsche Club Sprints QR 39/40
Muscle car and Porsche are the only sprint events with 75 entries so far.

All the others are 'race' categories and with 106 at the moment still looks like good numbers. I am sure there will be many more by the time the weekend comes along, still 3 weeks away yet.
There is also a tribute to the Shelby Mustang on that weekend, I believe the Bowdens will be bringing a few of theirs out.
With those sorts of numbers it's any wonder our 13 - 18 Cobras got a look in really....
I remember when we first started they had HSV sprints, Ford sprints, Cobra / GT40 and the regular Muscle Car sprints. I think the only race category was Porsche back then.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Seeing how the crazies in the Group Nc and TransAm guys/gals race having 40of them on the grid would be outstandingly good fun to watch but I'd hate to be out there amongst it all.

The numbers still reflect that the sprint categories are very keenly subscribed to and its a shame imo that the GT40/cobra class got left out in the mud (literally) and are no longer there.

In the "ole days" it was a Shannons Event but after they pulled their direct sponsorship it went more door to door.

Perhaps next year we can jump in on an event that is more Classic orientated. I see that Eastern Creek has a great weekend coming up showing off a lot of old school cars. I don't believe there's any event like that happening in QLD sadly at the moment. Lakeside has something but noise kills off a lot of good cars entering.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
I am sure there will be many more by the time the weekend comes along, still 3 weeks away yet.
Or less after Fridays practice!
Old 06-21-2015, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Big well done to Towy for his efforts at 2DOT on the weekend. After getting a bolt through his radiator on Saturday arvo and repairing overnight he came out for race 3 Sunday morning on the tail end of a large angry grid. Over 8 laps he made up 6 places with a few cars ahead experiencing failures so he was mid pack for race 4 easy.

He was in some pretty serious company out there with Ryan Mcleods Marc Sports cars x 3 cutting a hectic pace and a very very stout Corvette at the pointy end. Great effort Ash.

Sadly Geoff T in his cobra had a WOT incident in qualifying (Beware of self tinkering with brake bias) and came away with a shredded Jesel Belt rendering him DNF all weekend as he didn't have another. in practice he was as fast as the Corvette!!!!!! Youch.

Couple of pics.

The racing overall was ok. I can certainly see a place for the cobra/GT40 guys again at this event if we could arrange suitable undercar cover. The sprint component was pretty lacklustre in some categories. I know efforts are being made to see what we can arrange/do for 2016. Whether it be this event or another.

Spookypt
Old 06-21-2015, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Forget to mention well done to Tim T also in his Turbo Porsche. Very quick.

See the races here. Geoff WOT moment is Day 1 at about the 43.40 mark.

2 Days of Thunder on Livestream