Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra Nats 2015 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132994-cobra-nats-2015-a.html)

spookypt 04-19-2015 10:41 PM

Cobra Nats 2015

With only about (+/- 24 weeks) till the 2015 Cobra Nationals I thought I'd post an earlier than normal forum topic so as to help generate some interest. After a concerning trend towards less people in attendance ...See link

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/aust...nationals.html

I thought it couldn't hurt to start something up and use as a go to for what's being planned. I personally love seeing more cars not less as it just makes the event feel more alive!!!

It'd be great to see more numbers (the more the merrier as long as people volunteer to help and the NSWCCC can balance the effort against income etc) and maybe, just maybe, more attendees could help reduce the price a little. I know every year everything goes up but some economies of scale may reward the masses. The QLD's effort would exceed some smaller countries GDP!

May that commitment continue. Anyway post up your questions, queries or commitments here. WP has been reminded again today to ensure they keep the Thursday SOTS Day open for us QLDers as well for a little extra track time if we choose to take up on it. No loss to SOTS but a bit of a cherry on top for making such a long trip.

May this topic be active and generate some interest. There MUST BE some new cars just itching for a BLAT!

Spookypt

Modena 04-20-2015 02:28 AM

Don't remind me that it's only 24 weeks to go...the pressure is on.

schipps 04-20-2015 12:05 PM

Mat,

I have the trailer (thanks Ashley) , holidays are booked, I am in

regards

madt2007 04-20-2015 05:04 PM

Dates?

Modena 04-20-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madt2007 (Post 1345751)
Dates?

It should be the same weekend it always is, the weekend of the NSW labour day holiday, 2-5 October 2015.

damage 04-20-2015 06:27 PM

I tried the link but it didnt work, the NSW site doesnt have this years dates yet.

Out of interest does QLD do an event like this? I check the web site but it hasnt been updated since 2010-11

Wazza 04-20-2015 07:44 PM

Cobra Nats will be on the 2nd.,3rd, and 4th. October.

Queensland don't do a similar event, and it has been put forward as an idea quite a few times.
We realized years ago that the Nationals are being held in the right spot ( Wakefield Park), to get the members from all states to come along.

With some decent promotion, and support from all of the states we can make this year's Nationals something really special.

Queensland club will be pushing for a record number of attendees, and will support the event all the way.

This must be the earliest start to the "Nationals discussion" we've ever had !!

Bit like seeing bloody Easter eggs in the shops a week after Christmas...lol.

Cheers,
Warren.

Modena 04-20-2015 08:06 PM

We can do better Wazza. Hot cross buns were in the supermarket on New Years Day.

spookypt 04-20-2015 09:23 PM

I must make sure I do a Nats 2016 on the 5th then Wazza! :D

guye 04-21-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazza (Post 1345766)
Cobra Nats will be on the 2nd.,3rd, and 4th. October.

With some decent promotion, and support from all of the states we can make this year's Nationals something really special...

Should be able to get half a dozen Paces along too, hey Wazza!

Wazza 04-21-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guye (Post 1345805)
Should be able to get half a dozen Paces along too, hey Wazza!

That would be fantastic...I'd love to see that.

We already have a number of registered Pace427s that have confirmed that they will all be attending, and more that will certainly be on the road before then,so we expect that we will fill the 12 bays that we already have booked.

Also, keep in mind that we ( i.e. Craig) will be providing these locked garages FREE OF CHARGE to any of the Pace vehicles taking part in the event, plus two or three mechanical support staff to look after the clients needs.

This is in addition to once again offering to be the major sponsor, so I think we're doing our best to make it a success.

I hope the weather gods will play fair this year as well.

My worry is that as Queensland Cobra Club president/and perhaps also the M.C., and now also the Absolute Pace rep., I will be kept fairly busy !

I sure hope my voice doesn't fail...it would be a DISASTER if you couldn't all hear ME all weekend...:LOL:

Would love to see this year's Nationals be the best it can be..with a lot less stress on the N.S.W. club....I'd LOVE to see them make a profit rather than sweating on running at a loss due to poor support.

There's plenty we can do between now and then to make it a well supported, and successful event, and I'll be liaising with the other states( i.e. As Club Pres., not A.P.) to help as much as we can.

My favourite week of the year.

Cheers,
Warren

Gav 04-22-2015 12:11 AM

Looking forward to heading up to the Nats for a play.
The chariot is going well and is overdue for a flogging.

Wazza on the other hand flogs himself all year round.

Wazza 04-22-2015 12:34 AM

Do you want to give me a hand with that Gav ?

Gav 04-22-2015 02:03 AM

One hand or two?

Kimbo 04-22-2015 04:08 AM

We're really looking forward to getting the car back on the track after having a breakdown on the practice day before Shelbyfest.

Neil Streeting has rang the track and confirmed that Thursday 1 October is a speed off the streets day for all those who are looking for some extra track time...

Towmaster 04-23-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbo (Post 1345898)
We're really looking forward to getting the car back on the track after having a breakdown on the practice day before Shelbyfest.

Neil Streeting has rang the track and confirmed that Thursday 1 October is a speed off the streets day for all those who are looking for some extra track time...

Excellent! All fingers and toes crossed I will be there with the Supercar this year!
Can't wait!!!

Kimbo 04-30-2015 04:43 AM

There has been some concern about the availability if the control ,Kumho Ku36 in the larger sizes.
I have contacted the NSW state manager about these concerns, his response below on availability:

275/40R17 KU36 we have 16 tyres in Australia

285/40R17 KU36 we have 8 tyres in Australia.

295/35R17 KU36 we have 1 tyre in QLD, I believe this size is very slow so it may have been discontinued.

315/35R17 KU36 we have approx. 40 tyres coming into Australia, due in the next 4 – 6 weeks.

Modena 04-30-2015 05:40 AM

Ring around and you might find that some of that stock is over 5 years old.....

Tenrocca 04-30-2015 05:50 AM

Thanks for the info Kim. Has there any talk about the future of the class with the demise of the KU36 and possibly adding in a alternative or 2. Can I suggest the Nitto NT05 or Falken RT615K which both have a UTQC of 200 which is comparable to the KU36's 180. There may be others?

My old set may just make one more year, but the rears are getting close now...

Kimbo 06-18-2015 03:36 AM

22nd Cobra Nationals - Forms are out

The 22nd Nationals Entry and Supp Regs are now out.

Cobra Car Club of NSW : Cobra Car Club of NSW

There have been some changes so below is the email information explaining this.

Entries are NOW Open for the 22nd Cobra Nationals 2015

As you may be aware, the long weekend in October is fast approaching, and we know you are all very excited and planning your trip to Wakefield Park, Goulburn NSW.

The NSW Nationals Committee would like to inform you all on a number of new exciting new options / changes for the weekend.

• Full Event Package $525.00
Includes participation in Friday Practise, Show & Shine, Hill Climb, Drags, Slalom, Sponsors Lap & Sprints.
3 Night Dinners
Event Tee Shirt included in the package

Sprints will be timed over 4 Laps, not 3 as previously done. This is in response to feedback from entrants last year. – so there is even MORE track time

• Modified Event Package $300.00
Includes participation in Show & Shine, Hill Climb, Drags & Slalom
3 Night Dinners
Event Tee Shirt included in the package

The reason for the “Modified Event Package” is this allows Cobra enthusiasts to participate in the Nationals without having to compete in the Supersprint events – so no passing, no risk of a cobra catching up to you – just an opportunity to participate in the timed events which is just between You and the clock….again this has been created due to feedback from previous Nationals.

• Ladies Grouping – Class 5

In the hope of encouraging more female entrants, the grid will be arranged for the ladies to be grouped together thus eliminating some concerns expressed to the organisers….

The NSW Nationals Committee is passionate about providing the events to make this the best Nationals ever, and to ensure we offer packages for all the different types of competitors.

So we are now taking entries and also requesting offers for sponsorships….

Looking forward to seeing you ALL again soon – Get those entries in EARLY….

Best Wishes and Safe Driving

On Behalf of the NSW Nationals Committee

Mark Hudson

Cobra Car Club of NSW

President