Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   4 seater cobra for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/134483-4-seater-cobra-sale.html)

deano59 08-26-2015 01:17 AM

4 seater cobra for sale

yes you read right a 4 seat cobra for sale not in aust tho . this one would appeal to you leyroy for taking the mrs and kids out .

AC Cobra – £39,995

leroy17 08-26-2015 01:30 AM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

David Hodgson 08-26-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroy17 (Post 1360567)
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

And me a lot!

That thing wouldn't even look good as a two seater

Tenrocca 08-26-2015 03:58 AM

It would be fine if it wasn't an auto.

Azzy83 08-26-2015 04:02 AM

All kinds of wrong....

Marlox 08-26-2015 04:10 AM

I can't unsee it!!!!!

trularin 08-26-2015 04:54 AM

I've seen worse...somewhere...a while ago...I think.

Now I have heart burn.

Damn, why did you post this???

:JEKYLHYDE

Paintwerks 08-26-2015 05:05 AM

It would be fine if it burnt to the ground.

Donunder 08-26-2015 06:01 AM

Live and let live I reckon.

It's not for everybody, that's for sure, but as a means of taking a young family for outings in a Cobra (sort of) it's on the money. For me it brings back happy memories from the mid-seventies when our family headed off to Coffs Harbour or Forster-Tuncurry for Healey Club national rallies in my 3000 Mk 2 with Craig and his sister in the cramped rear seats that provided just enough room for two littlies. Without those rear seats we'd have missed out on some terrific gatherings.

For those who are offended by this creation, remember that there are a couple of promotional Formula 1 cars with rear seats and for the ultimate example of liberty-taking there's a 1+1 Spitfire in the UK!

Back to this 2+2 Cobra, I wonder what the wheelbase is?

Wazza 08-26-2015 06:42 AM

Have a good look at how offset the steering wheel is to the drivers seat...that would be hard work.
There's a lot of "wrong" packed into one car there.

Wazza 08-26-2015 06:51 AM

And....the height of the rear seat is another clever idea...
because ,
as long as your passengers have good strong necks...
they can act as the ROLL BARS !!!
Brilliant !!!!!.....

Xack 08-26-2015 08:45 AM

Just don't mess with what makes a Cobra a Cobra. A back seat is not... NOT... a Cobra. Why not put a pick-up bed on one? Or what about 4x4 Cobra? Where does it end?

fordracing65 08-26-2015 11:23 AM

That back seat use to be called the mother in law seat, you put her back their, floor it and she falls off and dies...:LOL:

*13* 08-26-2015 11:47 AM

Everyone has a dream

GregAgrest 08-26-2015 12:56 PM

Not too many open minds on this post. Each builder is entitled to his own likes guys. If he likes it, so be it. As for me, I don't like the idea of the back seats but I do like the looks of that hood scoop.

dhs.buckley 08-26-2015 02:23 PM

You could have a whole set of weird cobras now.
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...lly-lwf412.jpg

David Hodgson 08-26-2015 02:45 PM

Don it's not the rear seat concept, but how its been executed and the overall look of the car. Might have well have done it to an MX5. It just looks like a cartoon now.

dhs' 4x4 pic is easier to swallow.

Thor maine 08-26-2015 03:15 PM

COBRA 2+2 ? I like the Jaguar XKE 2+2. This looks more like just a grocery bag shelf.

David Hodgson 08-26-2015 03:25 PM

And then there is the ridiculous

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M...d=1.9&rs=0&p=0

guye 08-26-2015 03:46 PM

I have to say, I'm actually impressed the builder seems to have got those seats in at all, as the chassis doesn't seem to be stretched, at least not much. It could have been a lot worse! Like Slipry's stretch limo cobra! Arghh!

It is telling though that there are no pics with those rear headrests installed (except for the cprear seat closeup). I wonder what that would look like.

And I agree Wazza, the driver offset looks scary. As does the dash itself. That was more offensive to me than the rear seats actually.

But it is all personal taste, of course.