Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By deano59
  • 1 Post By damage
  • 1 Post By renovationinnov
  • 2 Post By Aussie Mike
  • 1 Post By leroy17
  • 1 Post By Jaydee
  • 1 Post By Modena

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     
Default bloody insurance companys

not happy jan a couple of weeks ago the ceiling in our carport dropped and was resting on the roller doors had to get the cars out so up went the doors and down come the ceiling .. so i ring old farts insurance company over 50 dont work full time wah wah wah i explain to the girl on the ph what had happened too get ah dont think your covered by that unless a downpour caused it or a few other things but not covered if it just dropped on it's own accord.

they finely agrred to get some out to look at it only to be told be dont cover that .even more not happy jan i was telling a mate about it who knew a plasterer and he gave him a ring and he dropped by . he said he does one a week on average that arvo him and his son pulled the whole roof down and cleaned up the mess next day they come back and put the new ceiling up plus putting insulation as well .
the carport didnt have any b4 .day 2 and the its all back up ready to be painted they come back a few days later ie today and painted the ceiling . just waiting for the sparky to come and fit the bigger fluro lights i bought ie gone from 2 2ft fluros to 2 4ft fluros .

ive decided to repaint the walls and the concrete foor as well as this is where the cobra will be build i guess if the ceiling had to fall down its better to happen before the cobra arrives said the mrs

pretty peeved with apia insurance to be honest that was a couple of grand i could have spent on the cobra any little loophole and theys buggas will wriggle thru it ..

end of rant dean
Towmaster likes this.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Bloody heavy possums in the roof would do that surely that would be covered under your insurance?
deano59 likes this.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

I'm a chippy & they are the worst to payas well, apia will only pay on completion even if my quote says no painting included they make me wait till a painter or owners have painted
deano59 likes this.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

My Old man Tried Apia and their prices are 2 times higher than what he was paying on normal insurance, this includes quotes on houses, cars and so on.
They sound like a con to me.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs.buckley View Post
My Old man Tried Apia and their prices are 2 times higher than what he was paying on normal insurance, this includes quotes on houses, cars and so on.
They sound like a con to me.
we only have the house and contents with them and they def are cheaper than the company was using b4 . only ever made one claim when a ball from the pool table went thru a glass sliding door the came out the next day and it was fixed no questions asked thats why i was surprised there not paying out for the ceiling .
apart from this i cant really complain . they tried to get us to switch our car insurance with them as well as our trailers but as soon as i mentioned the gtr skyline they went cold on the idea but happy to do our other cars but get a pretty good deal from shannons so didnt want to change .....try shannons for house insurance and they wanted 500 bucks a yr more than our old company and that was with the bonus cause our cars was with them apia killed them on the house .
cheers deano
Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

It doesn't matter how cheap they are if they aren't going to pay up when you make a claim. All insurance companies are happy to take your money but they don't like giving anything back.
deano59 and Tonus72 like this.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

I work with insurance every week and I will not lecture about any individual case however what I can say is this.

Insurance companies are only ever as good as their claims department.

Not all insurance companies are the same, regardless of price, and not all policies are the same (even with the same underwriter).

Claims have to (usually) relate to a defined event (like a pool ball throught a window). And most policies will exclude wear and tear. The dropped ceiling may have been looked as as wear unless there is a defined event that caused it (eg storm that loosened the roof so rain could leak in and soak the insulation causing the ceiling to drop).

Creativity can be the key.

All the best with the claim and glad it did not happen with your car under it.
deano59 likes this.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

that's interesting Deano about Shannon's as I have our house with them, for less than the amount you said you would save.
but as Aussie mike says, doesn't matter how cheap they are if they don't pay out!!
Mind you I have only ever had 1 claim 10 years ago with elders which they paid to repair the car instead of write it off.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs.buckley View Post
that's interesting Deano about Shannon's as I have our house with them, for less than the amount you said you would save.
but as Aussie mike says, doesn't matter how cheap they are if they don't pay out!!
Mind you I have only ever had 1 claim 10 years ago with elders which they paid to repair the car instead of write it off.
yeah i was gob smacked with the price shannons gave for the house we have had 3 to 4 cars and two trailers with them for over ten yrs and only made one not at fault claim when some run into the back of the mrs while she was at a red light they was fantastic during the claim and had the car fixed in no time ..
but even the guy from shannos said they cant come near what we was paying with the other mob and was a bit embarrassed that he couldnt help us with better pricing ..
Old 10-08-2015, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

I've just got a quote from shannons for the Cobra. About 540 a year. Or 220 if it's not mobile. I was just looking at it on the hoist, and though about the disaster if it fell of. So I might get it covered before I finish. It also covers trailering it around for engineering.
JD
deano59 likes this.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

JD my Cobra is with Lumley. It was $220 a year for 35K while in lay-up. I have now increased it to 70K on-road and its $460 / year.
Jaydee likes this.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I would have thought it was just poor workmanship on the carport in the first place that made it happen. You cant really insure for that (unless you have that "home builders warrantee insurance" which is the biggest con on the planet) - Agree with the insurance company on this one.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
I would have thought it was just poor workmanship on the carport in the first place that made it happen. You cant really insure for that (unless you have that "home builders warrantee insurance" which is the biggest con on the planet) - Agree with the insurance company on this one.
the plasterers verdict was over the yrs the wind and rain gets blown over the roller door and onto the gyprock after a while it soaks the water in and gets heavy to the point the glue and screws wont hold it up so it lets go, this time they have capped it off so no way the weather can get too it now ....know next time to drop roof tiles thru ceiling and say a wind gust caused it they would have payed out on that the assessor told me ....

cheers dean