Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   2015 List of Cobra/GT40/Daytona Manufacturers in OZ - Please add (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/134985-2015-list-cobra-gt40-daytona-manufacturers-oz-please-add.html)

SydneyChris 11-12-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1371130)
Why have an exclusive agent selling your selected cobra product in Australia but be happy to sell direct to anyone else who asks.....

hey Matt,

At the time WA had no interest to import a Coupe.. FFR were happy to deal direct. I think he does the Roadster as well... not sure re its registration compliance.

On the plus side I did speak with the new owner of the Classic Revival chassis / moulds, seems like a very decent guy that is unfortunately getting lumped with a few headaches that were not of his making. For those that like that body it still lives on..:)

Chris

750hp 11-12-2015 04:31 AM

Are De-Type still around?
(I like that Autokraft MkIV at Duttons!)

Component Cars 12-12-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyChris (Post 1371083)
hi Spooky... WA imports only the Factory Five Cobra. Coupes and apparently even Cobra's if desired can be ordered directly from the US..

Thats strange, could swear we have a RHD 65 Coupe in the shop at the moment but I guess you know more about Factory Five than I do..

750hp 12-13-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Component Cars (Post 1374643)
Thats strange, could swear we have a RHD 65 Coupe in the shop at the moment but I guess you know more about Factory Five than I do..

...or perhaps a less smartarse response might be "I can confirm that despite CCA's website making no reference to the Type 65 Coupe, we are proud to also offer that vehicle to our Australian customers. Please feel free to contact me with any questions here or via chris@componentcars.com.au"

You're welcome. ;)

spookypt 05-03-2016 02:38 AM

Newbie....

iccars

https://m.facebook.com/islandcustomcars1

750hp 05-03-2016 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1389888)

I just noticed their eBay advert last night.
A 20x15" wheel with 29x18x20" Mickey Thomson tyre isn't for everyone, but I like it! Body shape looks good. Windscreen and roll bar could be laid back a bit more if I was being picky...

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/8...85e99a0a71.jpg

boxhead 05-03-2016 04:12 PM

I dont mind that.
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/8...5641d6e627.jpg

Tenrocca 05-03-2016 09:04 PM

There is a lot to like about that chassis. Windscreen is an easy fix and personal preference as well I guess. Maybe just a little bit too much rear wheel but kit looks very promising. Like to see some more info.

albanycobra 05-03-2016 09:24 PM

Im liking the round tube frame....

spookypt 05-03-2016 09:56 PM

And he's using Skyline rear ends. Very Harrisonesk.

Must be modding them though to get that sort of wheel size in there.

750hp 05-04-2016 03:17 AM

The monster tyre car has a fully floating 5 link 9" rear and tweaked chassis rails, but the normal kit seems to have the Nissan rear as standard.

albanycobra 05-05-2016 06:26 PM

If I had my choice I would have a rear solid axle car. I just like the way the wheels sit.
Looks to be a great car and something that can built into a reasonably authentic car. Anyone have any prices on the kit options?

albanycobra 05-05-2016 06:59 PM

I just enquired, 18.8k for body chassis and a few bits. Looks a good deal with not a lot of money to get started.

spookypt 05-05-2016 07:30 PM

Dave are you thinking of seeding another project????? :LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

spookypt 05-05-2016 07:35 PM

Kit Cars Assembly and Customisation
Pretty sure these are the CXC guys. Ive seen a dyno of their Coyote fitment. Based on E36 Im wondering if its Backdraft???

albanycobra 05-05-2016 07:41 PM

Nah just putting the info out there for people when they do their research. I'm done with Kit cars.

spookypt 05-05-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1390239)
Nah just putting the info out there for people when they do their research. I'm done with Kit cars.

Yep fair enough.

Rog246 05-08-2016 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1390217)
If I had my choice I would have a rear solid axle car. I just like the way the wheels sit.
Looks to be a great car and something that can built into a reasonably authentic car. Anyone have any prices on the kit options?

A small correction possibly for you Sir .:confused:
When you say a solid axle do I presume you mean a Hotchkiss rear axle assembly ??!
"A traditional semi-elliptical Hotchkiss leaf spring arrangement. On the left, the spring is connected to the frame through a shackle. A leaf spring is a simple form of spring commonly used for the suspension in wheeled vehicles."
Or more commonly a live rear axle.......................could be a misnomer though, would have thought that system has killed a few in its time.........:eek: :p

albanycobra 05-08-2016 04:05 AM

Live axle ,good ole 4 link with a panhard bar....

Mrs flatchat 05-09-2016 03:28 AM

Live axle is good , 4 bar link is good , panhard is Bad --they induce rear steer right when you don't want it , Watts link is good

Back to the topic............