Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   2015 List of Cobra/GT40/Daytona Manufacturers in OZ - Please add (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/134985-2015-list-cobra-gt40-daytona-manufacturers-oz-please-add.html)

spookypt 10-28-2015 08:53 PM

2015 List of Cobra/GT40/Daytona Manufacturers in OZ - Please add

With increased enquiry on the forum about who's who in the zoo relating to Cobra/GT40 kit car manufacturers I thought it'd be useful to newbies to update and confirm a list of Cobra/GT40 and Daytona manufacturers currently making and / or importing cars for sale in Australia.

Please amend/correct below and add to this list so the cobra community is in the know. My understanding is.

AUSTRALIAN MADE KITS:
- DRB Cobra GT40 QLD - No longer in production
- Cobra Kits (Harrison Cobras) QLD - No longer in production
- Classic Revival Cobra NSW - Building and selling Cobras
- Classic Glass Cobra - No longer in production
- RMC Cobra - No longer in production
- RCM Cobra VIC - Building and selling cobras
- Python Cobras Vic - Building and Selling Cobras and Daytonas
- Evans Cobras - No longer in production
- G Force Sportcars WA - Building and Selling Cobras
- PACE Cobra GT40 QLD - Building and selling Cobras and GT40's
- Roaring 40's Vic - Building and selling GT40's
- Daytona Sports Cars Vic - Making Daytonas Coupes on request
- Bydesign Cobras QLD - No longer in production
- Kenmer Engineering VIC - Building and selling cobras
- Robnell Vic - No longer in production (DSC has Mark 2 Moulds)
- ICCARS SA - http://www.iccars.net/
- TRAILERWORLD - ALAN HOWELL Logan Rd Underwood.

IMPORTED KITS AND TURN KEY MINUS CARS:
- Dax Cobra UK - No Australian Importer
- Backdraft Cobra USA - Imported through Component Cars WA
- Factory 5 Cobra/Daytona Cobras USA - Imported through Component Cars WA
- Kirkham - No current AUS distributor (Was PACE)
- Superformance Cobras GT40 Daytonas Vic - Selling through LJ Performance Sport Cars Vic
- Race Car Replicas GT40's/Lola QLD - No current AUS distributor (Was PACE)
- Gardner Douglas Replicas VIC - From UK see http://mesc.com.au/gd-kit-cars/gd-427-mk4/

http://www.cobracarclubnsw.org.au/ed...2012%20old.doc

Please add and amend.

Cheers Spookypt

Modena 10-28-2015 09:04 PM

Classic Revival have been purchased by Daniel Steer, a past employee of Classic Revival, excerpt from the website about us page;

Daniel was an employee of Classic Revival for a number of years, during and after his apprenticeship, before eventually parting ways and further developing his skills in the restoration industry working on various makes of classic vehicles and eventually becoming a Body Maker. Daniel then started his own business restoring classic cars on the central coast of NSW, and upon Ian's retirement acquired Classic Revival in order to pursue a much loved passion of creating quality replica vehicles, and returning to a vehicle he fondly remembers.......the ID427 Kobra!!

They have a new location, West Gosford NSW, on the Contact Us page

http://www.classicrevival.com.au

spookypt 10-28-2015 09:20 PM

Thanks Mate I've amended the list.

gjkrv8 10-28-2015 10:27 PM

I didn't see Marty's Kenmer Engineering in VIC

cheers

Gregg

spookypt 10-28-2015 11:06 PM

Thanks Gregg now added. :-)

Zedn 10-29-2015 04:35 AM

Rcm are still going. Rcmcobra.com.au

spookypt 10-29-2015 08:24 PM

Thanks Zedn now updated. Hope this helps any newbies searching for info.

OnyxCobra 10-30-2015 05:30 PM

And there is now an Aussie agent importing GD Sportscars from the UK as well -
Hand Built British Sports Cars - GD Cars

through Lloyd at
Track Trailer - Nothing Compares!

Towmaster 11-01-2015 03:58 PM

Matty should we keep the Australian made kits separate from the imports?
I mean we should list all that are available for registration in OZ but have the Australian made kits listed and then in a separate heading the imports?

Makes it easier for those who want to support our Australian made product.

spookypt 11-01-2015 04:59 PM

Good idea Towy. Ive amended above.

OnyxCobra 11-02-2015 02:37 AM

Australian Dealer page

GD 427 MK4 | MESC

albanycobra 11-11-2015 04:12 AM

I like the GD T70

SydneyChris 11-11-2015 01:02 PM

hi Spooky... WA imports only the Factory Five Cobra. Coupes and apparently even Cobra's if desired can be ordered directly from the US..

spookypt 11-11-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra (Post 1369890)
Australian Dealer page

GD 427 MK4 | MESC

Thanks and amended. :-)

spookypt 11-11-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyChris (Post 1371083)
hi Spooky... WA imports only the Factory Five Cobra. Coupes and apparently even Cobra's if desired can be ordered directly from the US..

You've lost me a bit here? Are you saying (from CC website) "Component Cars Australia are proud to be the Exclusive Agent for Factory Five Racing and are pleased to offer the World’s Largest Selling Replica to the Australian enthusiast" that you can also buy directly?

If this is true imo its a pretty silly business model.

Perhaps Chris (from CC) might chime in. I was only chatting to him via email before the Nats. He doesn't do the forum very much if at all these days.

Spookypt

spookypt 11-11-2015 02:52 PM

I found an old article (2001) the other day that listed a fair few manufacturers I haven't listed above but I wont bother listing them as they are well and truly closed now. What I did find interesting was a DRB advert in the article I found that advertised Daytonas. I wonder if DRB ever built one?

SydneyChris 11-11-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1371101)
You've lost me a bit here? Are you saying (from CC website) "Component Cars Australia are proud to be the Exclusive Agent for Factory Five Racing and are pleased to offer the World’s Largest Selling Replica to the Australian enthusiast" that you can also buy directly?

If this is true imo its a pretty silly business model.

Perhaps Chris (from CC) might chime in. I was only chatting to him via email before the Nats. He doesn't do the forum very much if at all these days.

Spookypt

hi Matt,

Its as I said.. they import a RHD 'relatively' compliant Cobra.. but want little or nothing to do with the Daytona. In ordering from FFR direct they advised me at the time they would accept orders for any cars in their catalog from interested persons... I expect bulk / trade orders would be a separate matter.

Cheers

Chris

spookypt 11-11-2015 09:58 PM

I was thinking FFR was FFR. I wasn't thinking about Daytonas being different to Cobras etc etc.

Anyway, some more current for sale icandy is here

left hooker Kirkham
1995 Kirkham 427 Cobra S/C Side Oiler
Right hooker alloy body
1987 AC Cobra Autokraft MK IV
I WISH!!!
1966 Ford GT 40 (Recreation)

spookypt 11-11-2015 10:05 PM

Why have an exclusive agent selling your selected cobra product in Australia but be happy to sell direct to anyone else who asks.....

Donunder 11-11-2015 11:55 PM

Not to hijack Spook but as a long time "Dutton's drooler" and Gemballa dreamer did you see their Gemballa Turbo? 840 hp at the wheels !!! :cool::cool: Oh my.