Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   National ICV & LVM Association (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/135751-national-icv-lvm-association.html)

Treeve 01-29-2016 09:23 PM

National ICV & LVM Association

All,

Instead of sitting back and saying "someone should make a peak national body for ICVs to sort this mess" I've decided that I will start this association off as an incorporated association in NSW, with an aim to have representation in all states and territories and to be the peak national body for ICV (individually constructed vehicles) and LVM (low volume manufacturers).

The idea for this started at ozclubbies.com.au, but since I have clubbies and GT40s as well as numerous customers with cobras I thought I should get as many different kit guys included as I could... otherwise it wouldn't be much of a 'peak body' would it?

Getting the association registered is easy (and it'll be a car club with an aim for historic registration etc eventually) but I need help. People have volunteered on the other forum, and I'd love some from here too.

Let's get all the info we can think of here, all of the clubs we'd need to contact, all of the other associations we need to involve.

The idea being to 'be like the hot rodders' and get some national recognition as per the street rod manual.

First up: Who's in?

Treeve

Aussie Mike 01-30-2016 02:17 AM

I'm in. Let me know how I can help.

Cheers

Modena 01-30-2016 02:23 AM

What the Aussie said.

just dreamin 01-30-2016 03:32 PM

Yes to all the above! Pm me a contact number for you.

deano59 01-30-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just dreamin (Post 1379160)
Yes to all the above! Pm me a contact number for you.

i knew you would be on to this one john ......count me in as well not sure what i can do to help but the more the better :-)

cheers dean

Treeve 01-30-2016 08:58 PM

Gents,

I'm pretty full up for phone calls at the moment - email or PM works best for me as I can reply when I have time. I'll reply to PM's with my email address.

Treeve

xb-60 01-31-2016 12:37 AM

Treeve - count me in.

Cheers,
Glen

just dreamin 01-31-2016 01:21 AM

Well done fellas, ( I cant bring myself to call you guys).
.Lets see if we can make this work? If it doesn't we can only blame our selves.
What can we lose? I have only been fighting this fight for twelve years so what would I know?
Regardless, happy to help and be involved.

Treeve 01-31-2016 02:18 AM

Ok, that's a great start.

Can people help me out with relevant ICV clubs in their areas, any contact details, club names etc?

Also, who knows of any current Low Volume Manufacturers?

boxhead 01-31-2016 10:36 PM

I will put my hand up to help.

spookypt 01-31-2016 11:50 PM

Me too Treeve. I'm happy to help wherever I can.

spookypt 01-31-2016 11:52 PM

Looks like I'm the only QLD arm raised so far so I fall into the QLD Ccc catchment.

Wazza 01-31-2016 11:55 PM

Between work and the Cobra car club, I already spend about 70 hours a week on "Cobra related stuff"....so I'll help where I can,but don't have a lot of spare time.
cheers,
Warren

Treeve 02-01-2016 11:38 AM

Thanks Gents,

Wazza and Spooky,

It'd be great to have you onboard in QLD as you are definitely the kind of representation we appreciate. I've got some guys from the clubby forum in QLD too, some of whom have technical experience as inspectors (past and current) and others who have just been through the ICV process enough times to know the hoops.

Boxhead,

The first and only bloke I've had volunteer from the NT on any forum that I've raised this. The closest I've been is to stand on the border at Camooweal back when I lived in Mt. Isa. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what is considered acceptable for registration in the NT, even less so when it comes to ICVs. Really glad that you're on board as I'm sure you'll know people places and rules that are relevant.

Of course I should also thank those of you who've PM'd me as well, I'm going to do what I can to organise all of the information into a single place so that I can start off in a meaningful way.

Cheers,

Treeve

boxhead 02-01-2016 03:22 PM

Facebook is handy if all participants have it, as you can set up a secret group and keep it all in house then.

But I also know not everyone uses it.

Cobra72 02-02-2016 10:33 AM

I'm new to this forum (first post in fact!). Been researching to buy a cobra for 6 months and completely bemused by current registration requirements.

Not sure how I can help, but certainly happy to support and lend a hand with whatever I can.

Bravo Treeve for taking the initiative and a lead on this.

Treeve 02-04-2016 04:24 PM

Easiest way to understand the registration requirements it to engage a certifier who's been through it all before.

Cobra72 02-05-2016 01:47 PM

Would it be ok if I msg you once I've found a suitable ride to discuss next steps (if not already registered in NSW)?

mickieb49 02-09-2016 12:26 AM

I'm in, what can I do to help?

Treeve 02-09-2016 02:13 PM

Sure I can be PM'd - many people have.

For help with this, the most useful things for me are to know people's locations, what they do for a living. Legal beagles, tradie, engineer etc - it all helps.

Has anyone petitioned the government before? (Don't mind what it is about, just what steps were taken.

Treeve