Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Gav @ Shelbyfest (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/136247-gav-shelbyfest.html)

stiffy 04-10-2016 01:32 AM

Gav @ Shelbyfest

Hello All,

By now some of you might be aware that Gav Irvine had an off at

The Motorkhana today and is in hospital with a few broken bones and non life

Threatening injuries.

He is being transported to Melbourne today for a proper stitch up.

I will keep everyone informed.

Gave mentioned a big thank you to the Winton Medical staff and

The Cobra community that assisted with the loading of his car.

Shelbyfest Committee

kyleb 04-10-2016 01:50 AM

Not good news..
Hopefully a speedy recovery !!

BJ's Snake 04-10-2016 02:13 AM

How does that happen driving around witches hats in a car
park?

Hope all is good.

Dimis 04-10-2016 02:44 AM

...and here's me logging in with anticipation to see photos of all the fun at shelby fest. Yikes!! I never thought I'd read such news.

Glad he's ok, and wishing him the best for a speedy recovery.

Safe travels home to all who attended.

750hp 04-10-2016 03:27 AM

Wow - just like Dimis I was expecting this thread to show pics of Gav at the track with the accompanying banter that always comes with such discussions.

Get well soon.

albanycobra 04-10-2016 04:10 AM

Not good news? What happened? Hope Gav gets well soon.

stephen low 04-10-2016 04:42 AM

A sad event to happen but most importantly though Gav will pull through this incident.

Donunder 04-10-2016 06:02 AM

Thanks for posting Stiffy.

Gav, all the best for a speedy recovery.

spookypt 04-10-2016 02:00 PM

Speedy recovery Gav. Spookypt

dhs.buckley 04-10-2016 02:36 PM

Not good news, hope all is well and he and his cobra have a speedy recovery.

Jaydee 04-10-2016 02:47 PM

All the best for a speedy recovery. Maybe speedy isn't the right word.
JD

dallas_ 04-10-2016 03:54 PM

Very sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for a complete recovery. Best wishes mate.

BMK 04-10-2016 04:58 PM

Hope your on the mend Gav.

Sign of a real enthusiast who places himself between the fence and his car to protect it...:cool:

boxhead 04-10-2016 05:16 PM

Holy Crap Gav.
Hope all is well and your back pedaling soon.

400TT 04-10-2016 05:27 PM

Gav, very sorry to hear.

All the best mate.

LJ47 04-10-2016 05:41 PM

All the best Gav and hoping you make a speedy recovery.

Aussie Mike 04-10-2016 05:55 PM

This was a shock to me when I saw this. Expecting to read of Gav's track exploits in the Bunnings Cobra.

The latest I've heard is Gav doesn't need major surgery and hopes to be released from Hospital today.

All the best for a speedy recovery Gav.

David Hodgson 04-10-2016 06:55 PM

Certainly is a reality check Mike, sitting there watching a pretty low key event, then wham!

All the best Gav.

Serpnt 04-10-2016 07:38 PM

As a fellow competitor on the day, I can only say I was shattered for you Gav and super glad that you are on the mend. Here's to a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you again with your words of encouragement.

Theo

Mad94d 04-10-2016 08:59 PM

No one expected to see what we saw yesterday at the Motorkhana. I'm still shattered, can't believe it.

As Stiffy said, Gav was very thankful when we spoke for all the help from the Cobra Car Club guys for getting his car onto the trailer and several people offering to look after it for him or drive it home for him so thanks everyone.

All the best Gav and hope the recovery process is a quick one!