Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By dave295
  • 2 Post By Tenrocca
  • 1 Post By patrickt
  • 7 Post By Jamo

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans chassis, jag fr. & rear.
Not Ranked     
Default Not a happy camper

My Experience with Absolute Pace and Craig White
Rob. Smith likes this.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Ahhhh, the elephant in the room......
spookypt and Laner like this.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Wait a minute... you dropped $92k ($68k USD) in "one fell swoop?" Jeez, none of the US companies require that....
Rob. Smith likes this.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans chassis, jag fr. & rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Wait a minute... you dropped $92k ($68k USD) in "one fell swoop?" Jeez, none of the US companies require that....
No, it wasn't me.
It is a story I saw on the net.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave295 View Post
No, it wasn't me.
It is a story I saw on the net.
... I missed that subtle point.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

As you would imagine I am taking this very seriously.

This is a customer that ordered their kit on 19/09/16 and has already received nearly all their components. Actually they received 1000 plus parts within 10 days.

We have far exceeded any commitment we have made to them and have unpaid invoices for parts that we are following up today with them.

Our full response attached below:

Malcolm Clark (David Wilson) Our Side of the Story
Hi, if you don’t know who I am, I am Craig White the owner and founder of Absolute Pace.

Malcolm Clark is building a PACE Alumina for David Wilson and it appears to be Malcolm posting the information but using David Wilsons email address, etc. for correspondence, so I will just use Malcolm’s name from now on even though both may be involved.

Malcolm has been prolifically spreading misinformation about his dealings with Absolute Pace and is clearly on a vendetta to cause maximum damage to Absolute Pace. It has been clear by his actions that he has had no intention of dealing directly with us in a civilised manner or even wants to resolve or clarify the situation with us.

In summary:

19/09/2016 Confirmed order for a PACE Alumina, deposit received. Yes, that is when the order was received.

Quoted estimated 9 month lead time for body, which then needs to be fitted to chassis, etc. A PACE Alumina kit would be estimated currently at around a 12 month lead time.

Absolute Pace offered to deliver parts early to give them a head start to the build.

29/09/16 Within 10 days from order I had personally performed an interstate delivery of parts which included:
Approximately 1500+ parts from Starter, Roller and Finishing kits.
This delivery also included over 500 optional parts.
And a complete 13 x compartment case bolt kit with 1000’s of bolts, nuts, washers, etc.
They received an express copy of version 6.x build manual.

We also sent our full engineering kit to their engineer approximately 5 weeks after they received their kit. We could have just rushed this kit out sooner, but we wanted to provide a kit with the latest updates. I spent dozens of hours revising and upgrading the engineering kit documentation before it was shipped. But we also received a complaint about that time frame, even though they have just received their kit and chose not to use our recommended engineer that already had the paperwork.

04/11/16 Contacted by their lawyer to not make direct contact with Malcolm Clarke. So when Malcolm complains about us not contacting him, that is why, we can’t directly. So have just communicated through their lawyer.

17/11/16 Sent approximately another 300 parts.

Sending another shipment containing dozens of parts early next week.

We also went out of our way on numerous occasions to service very time consuming documentation request. For example, we drafted a full build procedure lists itemising what parts can be fitted to the chassis before the body is first fitted. We also rushed to write from scratch some instructions for long chassis inserts which they requested.

We also rushed to organise a couple of parts that they requested to be sent earlier, so they were all sent in the next shipment available (17/11/16).

With this latest shipment Malcolm and David would have received approximately 95% of Starter/Roller/Finishing Kit (excluding body specific parts obviously)

They have not been invoiced for the full kit payments.

They have not been invoiced for every optional part that has been supplied.

They employ a lawyer who is unreasonable in his actions and impossible to deal with. For example, their lawyer repeatedly sets deadlines that expire mere minutes after the email notifying you of such deadline is actually sent.

Malcolm also clearly promotes publicly, that he is willing to infringe our copyright and reproduce and distribute full copies of our build manual to whoever wants one.

Malcolm has gone to great lengths to defame this business, what he writes is not true and he either omits important details and just posts false information to build bad will towards our business.

I hope by seeing our side of the story our owners will realise there is nothing positive in what Malcolm Clarke brings to the table and support our business against such individuals that have their own agendas that are clearly not in the interest of Absolute Pace customers. We would prefer to not have distractions like this so that our time can be better spent on our customers, rather than wasting time on imaginary issues like this. Malcolm’s actions over the past couple of months has unfortunately impacted the time and resources we have available to service our customers.

All we want is to be able to fully focus on our customers and our business as you all know the passion we have for our products, the industry and the hobby.

Absolute Pace is in the process of legally pursuing Malcolm Clarke over his actions.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Neutral     

Ok...both sides have had their say and the damn lawyers are in it. This thread's done.

Both parties are advised...this will be the only advisory...to not say another word about this dispute here...either by you or anyone on your behalf. anyone that violates that will be locked out of here to revent further discussion.

Done.