Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   RF GT40 For sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138049-rf-gt40-sale.html)

albanycobra 02-22-2017 08:15 PM

RF GT40 For sale

having another go at selling my GT40....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-3811142/?Cr=4

leroy17 02-23-2017 03:09 AM

That right there is 50 shades of bad ass.

If I had the coin, this listing would be getting removed.

However, I do not have the coin, which is why I have a car with no motor, dash, and a heap more stuff but I can make brum brum noises whilst sitting in a non bolted in seat.

Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a nice GT40 with bugger all hassle .

albanycobra 02-23-2017 05:34 AM

Thanks
It's a great car. Stupid fast but sadly I think people want more
Refined and most don't like the green. I got told not to paint it
Green....lol. See if I can get a taker this time.

gjkrv8 02-23-2017 03:04 PM

Dave, that green and those black wheel/tyres look awesome don't change it. Like Leroy I too if had the cash (and the CFO approval) would snap it up. I know that doesn't mean much when you're selling. Cheers Gregg

dallas_ 02-23-2017 04:01 PM

Sorry to hear you're selling it. It's really, really nice. Some lucky bloke will end up with an awesome car. Good luck with the sale.

Aussie Mike 02-23-2017 05:20 PM

This is my favorite GT40. I think the colour and wheels are spot on. Really captures the look of the original car for me.

albanycobra 02-23-2017 07:37 PM

Thanks for the support Guys. I think it might just be a sign of the times and unless something is very special and well priced people are just not buying. might be one of those cars that just get put away to discover again in a few years time. What I should do is just fit the stock pit motor back in and remove cage / race seats then try sell for around 85-90k.

itempany 02-23-2017 11:23 PM

One very nice GT40. A good price also. It would be really nice to have a roof......If I had the coins. Good luck

ICCARS 02-23-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1416555)
Thanks for the support Guys. I think it might just be a sign of the times and unless something is very special and well priced people are just not buying. might be one of those cars that just get put away to discover again in a few years time. What I should do is just fit the stock pit motor back in and remove cage / race seats then try sell for around 85-90k.

I got offered $120K for my GT40 recently but I told the guy he was $75K off the mark, otherwise no sale.. Don't let someone else take advantage of all your hard work and money... Hang in there mate, it's a beautiful and unique car it will sell.

Tonus72 02-23-2017 11:43 PM

Price looks good. Car looks great.

A buyer will come. Good luck!

Tony

Dimis 02-24-2017 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1416555)
What I should do is just fit the stock pit motor back in and remove cage / race seats then try sell for around 85-90k.

Terrible idea!
I say jack the price up to $200k

Then sit on it till I've convinced the wife the cobra needs a playmate that's just a little beefier than the mini we purchased. :3DSMILE:

I've been trying since you first listed, but she ain't budging.
Not gunna stop me from pestering her about it though. :LOL:
I love the look of this car.

albanycobra 02-24-2017 02:34 AM

The car is not brand new and priced accordingly. I've got some exciting projects coming up...need the space.

gsharapa 02-25-2017 06:29 AM

I'd say you are right in the ball park and it is a beautiful GT40 however I guess I'm a bit partial...... I sent your link to someone that might be interested here in Dallas. Are you going to put an ad on GT40s.com?

albanycobra 02-25-2017 04:35 PM

I should put the ad on GT40s.com but it seems pretty slow there these days.
The car is dirt cheap in American dollars. Happy to post it anywhere in the world.

albanycobra 02-26-2017 06:04 PM

Hey Tenrocca , I was talking to someone? Who recons I should fit gold spinners to my wheels...might help my sale.....

CHANMADD 02-26-2017 06:08 PM

I had a white Cobra one time...could'nt sell it..I painted it blue with a silver stripe, adjusted the price and it sold in a week..and a yellow one the same..

albanycobra 02-26-2017 06:18 PM

What are you trying to say Chanmadd?....lol. My green GT40 identifies itself as Guardsman Blue with white stripes....lol

CHANMADD 02-26-2017 06:31 PM

Hey ,I like the green...but...Ill bet if you painted it the Gulf colors you would get a hellava lot more for it too...

albanycobra 02-26-2017 10:47 PM

Oh wash your mouth out.....Covering the GT40s eyes as it tries to read these comments.....we cant all be Gulf Blue race cars, some of us have to be the run of the mill GT40s.......lol.

leroy17 02-27-2017 01:47 AM

Bad ass knows no colour. I see no reason to change......... Anything.

Throw in a winning lotto ticket, I will pay asking and a 10% buyers premium.... Deal done.