Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     
Default Stolen Cobra

Well fellas, looks like all that interest in Enzo's silver Shelby continuation cobra, has gained momentum.
According to news reports and local police facebook page, the silver cobra was stolen early Friday morning from Pickets Valley (Avoca).
The car is a continuation csx4048, silver with black stripes. It had Carol's signature on the glovebox lid.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

Here's a picture taken a few weeks ago, of that car waiting for a car wash while its owner is down the road for lunch.
Note the keys in the ignition ...

Last edited by Tengu; 11-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: trouble with photo
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Thieves stike rare Cobra | Newcastle Herald

i hope he gets it back
Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

half a million dollars
OZCOBRA and steeler like this.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Gee that was bad luck.....
boxhead likes this.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

By now the engine and running gear will be in different places and the body is most likely in a popular water filled quarry nearby...along with many stolen boat hulls. I sincerely hope that this is NOT the case and the vehicle was stolen by a dill that has kept it ( and now doesn't know what to do with it.) I truly hope it is returned. intact.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Wasn't this the one that had the big thread on here in the classifieds section?
boxhead likes this.

Last edited by Zedn; 11-24-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I was thinking that it is the same guy that did no research and paid $500K for a car worth less than $200K.

First Cobra I have ever heard of stolen - perhaps joyrider junkies took it because no way you could rebirth something like that.

Is this it?

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...ge/1#poststart

Ben

Last edited by Beejay; 11-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Added link
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Id be cautious about making claims on what is going on here. :|
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Wrong thread. sorry

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 11-24-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Wow..heard about this when I got home for the weekend. It was the one for sale that we saw at Chromefest.....

More here.....

$488,000 sports car stolen from NSW North Coast home

Stolen Cobra - Picketts Valley | Facebook

Canberra times values at 488 grand?????....wonder what the agreed insurance value was???

Hope he gets it back, its a lovely car!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know crims are pretty stupid, but this one doesnt make sense..
Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
I know crims are pretty stupid, but this one doesnt make sense..
My thoughts exactly.

Call me a skeptic, but doesn't this 'theft' sound a little odd?

Last edited by Paintwerks; 11-25-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

I'm wondering why the water police from Brisbane (850km away) are investigating? Unless the Newcastle Herald have misreported on that.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
I'm wondering why the water police from Brisbane (850km away) are investigating? Unless the Newcastle Herald have misreported on that.
Sambo, I believe its Brisbane "Waters" Police (aka Gosford, WOY WOY, Terrigal Area??) rather than Brisbane Water Police.

I think.

I'm a distant 2nd on this whole story...Anyone care to share a condensed version as to historicals?.

Spookypt
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spookpt, Beejays link reveals some interesting history on the car...thanks Beejay, yes it is the same car.

And thats Brisbane Water LAC (local area command) you are correct...Gosford, Woy Woy, Terrigal Police stations.

Last edited by Tengu; 11-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Add info
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mmm yes I did read that. So am I correct in assuming the Australian owner paid the coin as indicated in Beejays linked article? Wow if so.

I wonder where it went? Hmmmm I'd love street registered left hooker!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Hi Spook and all,

Well, I'm game, that's game ok. This is where it all started for me....... and if you follow this thread you'll learn much of the history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legless View Post
The most fun I’ve ever had at the RTA.
A very pleasantly surprising thing happened to me on Friday afternoon (21/08/09)……. Not something that you would really expect standing in an RTA office situated on the NSW Central Coast. I was being served with my daughter getting her ‘L plates’ and the glass windows and doors of the building started shaking. I thought ‘hmmm that sounds interesting’, by now everyone in the building was either looking for cover due to the impending earthquake or looking outside to see what the hell was happening. The nice RTA lady pointed outside and asked my daughter politely if that was what she was going to drive on her L plates while probably thinking what’s wrong with your father? I was mesmerized and in a state of shock… staring out the door…. not 10 metres away was a left hand drive, silver with black stripes, Cobra, running live black side pipes with NSW plates on it being parked metres from an RTA building … I rubbed my eyes and yep it was still there! WTF this is NSW Australia!!! Now I thought to myself, this car is either the real deal or this bloke’s got real big ones and is brain dead for coming within 10 kms of the RTA let alone parking outside the front door. He came in with a bundle of paper work and took a seat while I was stuck at the counter. There I was torn between wanting to go and have a good look at the car and supporting my daughter…..bugga. He then left after having some difficulty in starting the cobra amidst clouds of black smoke. About half an hour later I was sitting waiting for my daughter to complete her test when the cobra owner walks back in minus the Cobra, so I asked him would he mind talking about his car so he sits down and introduces himself as Enzo (I kid you not) and very briefly spoke to him before his number was called (imagine that, fast service in an RTA office) he told me it was registered in NSW and was chassis number 48 and he bought it from a collector in Whitehall New York at the start of the GFC. Now standing in the middle of the RTA with the RTA lady who’s just called out your number giving you the evil eye is probably not the time to spill your guts and tell the honest truth about the car within earshot of the RTA lady and to a total stranger who is dribbling. I’m not sure what the car was but I did see that it had a CSX number with Shelby’s signature on the dash, I couldn’t read the CSX series number but would CSX 3048 be written on the dash? Does anyone know the car or of its existence in Australia? I mean it may be well known amongst members I’ve just never seen it mentioned anywhere so I thought I’d mention it. Not being an expert on all things Cobra I’d like some help in identifying what I was looking at, thanks in advance. I gather CSX 3048 was one of the original 30 427SC cars and not a completion car so that would explain how he got it registered. Oh and I asked him if he was taking it to the Nationals and he said no he doesn’t drive it much…..err I can think of a few reasons why he doesn’t drive it much depending on what the car is and if it really is legally registered, it certainly made my day.

Cheers
Paul
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wholly snappng duckspoo. That's one hell of a thread. Wow.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Given that the car is not what it's claimed (ie a 1965, when it was made well after that date), I wonder if the insurance is paying out on the real value (way lower than the owner claims), or if they're paying on his $500K 'agreed value'?

Because if Enzo claims it's a '65 (when it's clearly not), and the insurance company get wind of the real story behind the car, Enzo could be in for a very rude shock!