Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By spookypt
  • 1 Post By spookypt
  • 1 Post By Towmaster
  • 1 Post By spookypt

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 2018 challenge bathurst eoi

Im putting together a list for 2018 open to all forumers. You dont need to be a member of a State Cobra Car Clubs etc. Please PM if interested.

If you have a bucket list and driving Bathurst at speed is on it please join!

Challenge Bathurst

I wont be doing online updates so if you're keen send me your email and I'll put you on the PM mailing list. We will have a good group.

Cheers
Old 11-02-2017, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks to those showing interest for this event. So far Ive had about 8 guys keen to take part.

Just as a heads up please have a read of the supp regs section below. Cars MUST be either CAMS log booked or Road Registered.
(AASA Log Booked Cars are ineligible.)

Cheers

Rob. Smith likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 11-03-2017 at 03:56 PM..
Old 11-05-2017, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

I'm keen Spook....looking forward to sleeping head to toe in that new trailer of yours....
Old 11-05-2017, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quality accommodation comes at a price Dave! Lol

Im really surprised and pleased this has generated so much interest from the not so usual suspects. Im hoping one of the MotorSport Co-Ordinators from a state based club might take over the organisational reins????

There's more weight to securing a group booking if club based. This year the regularity will have 266 cars out of a capacity of 275 competing. You get six 20-minute sessions in five groups. Max 55 cars per group. next year will be bigger again so securing a group booking will get harder if its not done soon.

I know Jim D is a keen racer and he's the QLD MSC so perhaps he may be keen to get involved to help make it a really good Cobra/Coupe/40 event???

Spookypt
Old 11-06-2017, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Don’t count on getting a guaranteed 6 x 20 minute sessions. From experience you will have at least one session canned cause if someone goes into the gravel or wall the session is binned. Including in and out laps you will get about 5 - 6 laps per session... but it is an awesome track to race around.
Chris L likes this.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

A bucket list job for me that one...........very keen and have started pulling the trigger on getting it all together. Hoping to keep the 'red mist' in control, that's the wife's job and as usual will do it well. Building a trailer to carry the car and camp out of............assuming we can.
Hoping to do a few events with the car prior and maybe get some new shoes for it and that will be me.
Look forward to it.
Chris L
Old 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/12/04...et-2018-dates/
schipps likes this.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any updates Spook, I'll be overseas on July 10, which from my understanding is when the entries will be sent out for those who have not competed there before ?
Are all interested in the same boat, eg not done this event before?
Cheers
Chris
Old 06-03-2018, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good timing as it was discussed on the weekend. Greg Hutley from the Z Car Club has invited a cobra crew from the A series to join them this year. Greg spoke to me about it on Saturday but as I mentioned earlier most cobra guys seem fairly keen to do the Nats this year so its not on their list for this year.

Sadly for most of the racer guys who dont run rego'd cars (Pete, Tony, Mic W, Gary H, Me etc) they dont allow your car to run unless rego'd or CAMS log booked so that puts many out as well.

To be honest after speaking to the AASA and CAMS scrutineers on Friday its becoming less attractive to run a CAMS log booked car as the AASA are putting on heaps of Prod Sports events for AASA log booked cars. Entries are cheaper and better racing for some. Covers Winton MP and WP.

Anyway, afaik there is no further talk about doing that event on 2018 but that doesnt mean you cant give it a go.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Spook for the update.
With the way the event is structured and preferences given there is a chance it will oversubscribe and newcomers will miss out. The guy from the Z Car club you mentioned, is there a chance I can climb in with them and be sure of start ?
If that's in the too hard basket I understand, If not can I get a PM with some contact details if at all possible ?
Thanks anyway
Chris L
Old 06-06-2018, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd suggest best you try with a local Vic club who knows you to be honest. As we run/race with their groups up here they are generally familiar with us, our cars and our driving so they are comfortable having them fall under their banner.
Dont mean to poo poo your enthusiasm but Bathurst even though its regularity, is still intimidating to say the least.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: