Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   New to Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/140093-new-forum.html)

ssv ute 02-02-2018 01:08 AM

New to Forum

Hi all, new to this forum,
Have been a Cobra dreamer since i can remember, finally at a stage in my life where i can turn dream into reality. (complete with approval from minister for war and finance.) I have placed an order for a body and chassis kit from Wil at ICCARS, I have looked over a couple of his cars over here in Adelaide and am very impressed with his quality. Just can't wait to get started. Looking forward to communicating with the forum.

Cheers
Richard

Dimis 02-02-2018 01:49 AM

Welcome & congratulations.

I’ve never met Will, but I don’t think he’ll mind me saying, he does seem to be one of the more clever and talented buggers we have frequenting this forum.

Best wishes and keep us posted.

You should be able to post pics after you’ve posted a handful of times.

xb-60 02-02-2018 02:22 AM

Hi Richard, and welcome to the forum.

You're in Adelaide? You are certainly welcome to come along to a Cobra Club meeting and chew the fat and tell us all about your plans.

Cheers,
Glen

Ron61 02-02-2018 03:25 AM

Welcome to the site and you have a great bunch of guys there to help you with any questions or problems that you may encounter. Congratulations on finally getting your Cobra.

Ron

Seagull81 02-02-2018 06:10 AM

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget pictures along the way.

Gaz64 02-03-2018 08:19 PM

Welcome aboard Richard.

Gary (Holden dealer Senior tech - Brisbane)

750hp 02-04-2018 03:13 AM

Welcome Richard. Have you bought a bare body/chassis, or have you ordered other parts from Wil?
Do you have an ETA?
Looking forward to seeing pics!

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:43 AM

Thanks Dimis, looking forward to it.

Richard

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:45 AM

Thanks Glen,
Is there much Cobra activity in Adelaide, i very rarely see one.

Richard

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:46 AM

Cheers Ron,
The Forum certainly looks like a good resource

Richard

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:48 AM

No worries Steve

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:50 AM

Thanks for welcome Gary

ssv ute 02-06-2018 03:54 AM

Hi Craig,
Pretty much just body and chassis, Wil runs Mazda RX7 twin turbo front suspension and Nissan R34T rear end but removed from cradle and minus Hicus. Looking at LS2 and 6 speed manual.

Cheers
Richard

xb-60 02-06-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv ute (Post 1437858)
Thanks Glen,
Is there much Cobra activity in Adelaide, i very rarely see one.

Richard

It is rare to see one on the road unless it's a specific gathering or event, and then they come out in numbers :)

ssv ute 02-07-2018 12:41 AM

I have been following your build blog, looks great. Do you have a goal as to when you are looking at finishing your build?

deano59 02-07-2018 01:43 AM

actually saw a nice light blue one the other day going down pt wakefield rd nr the whitehorse inn one ive not seen b4 there are a few around .. will does a nice car and is a nice bloke as well met him once at the cobra club meeting . dont think you will go wrong .. hows yours coming along glen ive been a bit slack with mine have a shoulder injury thats slowing me down a bit and too bloody hot in the workshop to work on it anyway :-(

what area are you in ssv ute im a northy here building a pace

ssv ute 02-07-2018 12:39 PM

Hi Deano, I will lookout for that one, i have a workshop near cnr of Pt Wakefield Rd and Waterloo Cnr Rd.
I'm in Golden Grove

deano59 02-07-2018 01:20 PM

not to far from me your workshop that is i use a powder coater on waterloo cnr road from time to time ..

xb-60 02-07-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv ute (Post 1437952)
....i have a workshop near cnr of Pt Wakefield Rd and Waterloo Cnr Rd....

....and I grew up on Burton Road.

Richard, you asked if I have a goal for finishing? Yes, but if I mention a date, I could be held accountable ;)

Cheers,
Glen

xb-60 02-07-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano59 (Post 1437922)
...hows yours coming along glen....

Umm, slowly (another very hot day today) but it is progressing.
I'm nearly finished the handbrake install. The handle is a different type and in a different location to the standard AP handbrake, so some thought had to go into the handle mounting and particulary the 'linkage' to make it work nicely.
Some welding and painting to do on the brackets, so waiting for cooler weather this weekend.

Cheers,
Glen