Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   My build at the moment (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/142855-my-build-moment.html)

ssv ute 10-15-2019 03:33 AM

My build at the moment

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone still out there, a few pics of where i'm at with my build.

NCSU 10-15-2019 03:52 AM

Very Nice! Good Luck!

xb-60 10-15-2019 04:31 AM

Yeah, some of us are still here...with fingers crossed.
Good pics. Keep them coming.
Incidentally, Wil Escabache (IC Cars) was at one of our club meetings recently.

Cheers
Glen

lnfletcher 10-15-2019 04:42 AM

We are still here. I would like to know how you got it to post a new thread!? So far I have been unable to in the past month or so.

xb-60 10-15-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnfletcher (Post 1467546)
...I would like to know how you got it to post a new thread!? So far I have been unable to in the past month or so.

Are you able to go to "FORUMS", select the appropriate forum (eg "COBRA BUILD LOGS") and then hit on "NEW THREAD"?

ssv ute 10-16-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1467544)
Yeah, some of us are still here...with fingers crossed.
Good pics. Keep them coming.
Incidentally, Wil Escabache (IC Cars) was at one of our club meetings recently.

Cheers
Glen

Hi Glen,
I had a visit from Wil and his son Josh a couple of weeks ago, he has moved from Kangaroo Island and now lives 30 minutes from me. Would of made it easier for me to pick up my kit if he had of moved 14 months ago...
How is your build progressing?

ssv ute 10-16-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnfletcher (Post 1467546)
We are still here. I would like to know how you got it to post a new thread!? So far I have been unable to in the past month or so.

Hi Larry,
I just hit on the "New Post" icon on top left hand side of page

deano59 10-18-2019 06:31 PM

looking good mate im sure with wil been on the mainland will make it easier for both him and customers to deal with each other ..i like the look of his cars and been local would be a great help .. what part of adelaide is he living now ?

xb-60 10-19-2019 12:23 AM

I think he's at, or near, Freeling.
Almost just around the corner from you, Dean

t walgamuth 10-19-2019 06:09 AM

The car is looking good!

Jethrow 10-25-2019 07:56 AM

Looking great so far, thanks for the share :)

letsboogie351 10-25-2019 01:58 PM

Always good to see a new build on the go... Good luck and keep us posted.

ssv ute 10-25-2019 04:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, will certainly try to keep adding posts of my build. This forum is such a fantastic resource of info and ideas. There hasn't been much action on here of late so i have actually been reading all the posts from the very beginning it is incredible the info on here. Last night i was fitting new clutch to my motor and could not find the clutch bolt torque settings, but sure enough it was posted on here.

Bender 10-29-2019 04:10 PM

Great photos SSV ute. Love the body stand. I have just made a stand for my body too. Hopefully I will get to work on mine in the near future. Keep up the progress photos. Its great to see a Cobra coming together.

ssv ute 10-29-2019 08:42 PM

Thanks Bender,
I had to come up with something because I only have one half of a double garage to work with. Wife's car has to be in other half. This way can roll body to other side while I work on chassis, means have to clean up all the time but is what it is.
Any pics on your build and where you are up to with it?

Bender 11-04-2019 04:37 AM

I bought the car as a roller but have stripped most of the suspension. Most has been zinc plated that can cause embrittlement. I have been collecting most of the parts I need. It will be a 347 windsor with Tremec 6spd manual. Its a gforce car from WA. I have an lsd for the jag rear, seats steering wheel, gauges, wheels and tyres. Most parts to complete. It has sat for a few years due to work. Just about to get back into it. I will start a build thread shortly . Once I get it cleared so I can start work on it.

ssv ute 04-10-2020 04:24 PM

More Pics

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Engine bay pretty well finished, all brake, clutch, fuel and power steering lines done. Radiator/cooling system, air intake done and battery installed. All fluids in. Next job is to modify(again) rear aluminium panel to give more clearance for larger rear wheels/tyres. I changed original manufacturers design to give more room in cab and use 16" wheels, i am now going to run 17's, i can fit them on but not enough clearance.

As alot of you guys would know it's alot of 2 steps forward and another 1 back, at least i have plenty of time with current isolation rules.

After that i will start on electrics, put some 98 in the tank and see what happens...

Dominik 04-11-2020 02:50 AM

Nice compromise between historic chassis and new components. What suspension parts are those?

ssv ute 04-11-2020 05:01 PM

Hi Dominik,
The front end is Madza RX7 FD3S twin turbo, the rear is Nissan Skyline R34GTT but with aftermarket top control arms and with all components removed from cradle and mounted direct to chassis.
Coil overs are all Gaz Shocks from V &A Spider I in Melbourne.

I to are having A Lot of problems logging into site.

Richard

Gaz64 04-12-2020 04:48 AM

Can I ask what engine management system you are running on this please Richard?

Gary