Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xb-60
  • 1 Post By David Hodgson

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2022, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Information Request

Hi Everyone;
I have just joined as I am about to fulfil a lifetime dream of owning a Cobra. Could have done it sooner but now retired and have time to enjoy it. I'm not in a position to build my own so have done the research and have decided to purchase a turnkey backdraft model. There is only one problem. Despite my best efforts I have had no response to my queries with Backdraft in Australia and cannot make contact with the South Africa manufacturer.
Can anyone provide up to date contact details for my area so I can start the process of making a purchase. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Hi Rick, and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be many Aussies on this forum lately.
Hopefully someone from NSW will see your thread and respond.
Stick with it!

Cheers,
Glen

edit: The Cobra Nationals are on in Goulburn in late September. There are often cars for sale there if that suits your requirements (one of our SA members sold his there a couple of years ago)
ssv ute likes this.

Last edited by xb-60; 04-17-2022 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 04-20-2022, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Hi Rick, glad to hear you’re going to fulfil your dream. Please make sure you seek all the advise you can, either here or at club meetings. Do not drop any money on an order unless you are 100% sure it will be built and delivered when agreed and registrable in Australia. So often we here of guys waiting for more than a year past their original delivery date.
Your profile does not say which state you are in. Even though Australian Design Rules are national, each state chooses to interpret them somewhat differently and also apply their own state requirements. Currently it is very difficult, if not impossible to have an Individually Constructed Vehicle (ICV) registered in NSW. Seek out your state club and get advise from the committee and any members that have dealt with Backdraft or had an ICV imported into Aus and the hurdles they faced.
Not answering your enquires already rings alarm bells very loudly. Good luck with your quest, when it comes to fruition you will have a mile wide grin every time you drive it.
ssv ute likes this.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Backdraft Aus
Chad Oldfield 0457 773 996
if you haven't already tried.