Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-15-2002, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default magazines

Which if any of the car or kit car magazines have any one found to be helpful ?
i buy the australian street rod magazine and it is good for local parts suppliers.
any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Rawnsley

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

David,
Once a year Australian Classic Cars does a manufacturers listing of all Cobra makers in the country. There only a one paragraph description of each manufacturer or supplier, so there's not a lot of detail. I've found the best information is available through the Cobra Car Club of Australia monthly newsletter "Snaketales" It only cost about $45- for a years membership to the club, and the informatio you receive from there will more than pay for the cost of membership. If you didn't live so far away, you could get down to some of the monthly Sanctuary Cove breakfasts to see 20 or 30 Cobras / GT40s / Ultimas all in the one spot.

Which manufacturer are you leaning towards now, and are you thinking about a roller, or a basic kit? No hidden meanings behind the question, I'm just wondering how the decision process is going
Old 04-17-2002, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default which kit

Hiya Craig
I think i am most keen on the classic revival kit (unfortunatly time didnt permit me to see these kits)
I did get to one of the sanctuary cove meetings but sadley i had to get to Nelson bay on the same day so i wasnt there for long
I did take some pics of the cars there and said hello to Dave Samson.
What color or reg was your car?
While in Melbourne i went to see Aussie Mike's car (i think that was the one that helped me decide)
Engine will probably be a gen 3 (i have found a new one i might be able to get at a real good price ).
Most likely a 5 speed manual.
Painless Wire company makes a harness for this motor that doesnt require all the other control units the Australian ecu uses.
All that is needed is the harness and a pontiac ecu.
Which manufacturer is your car?
Hang on watchin targa tassie
I have the magazine with the manufacturers listed.
Am looking for magazines with help toward building the cars, pretty much decided which kit i want.

Thanks for the help

David Rawnsley

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, my new car is nearing completion at Venom Custom Fabrications, but it depends which month you went to Sanctuary Cove. You may have seen my previous RMC - Diablo blue with an SVO alloy head 351W - reg 67COB. Troy bought it a while ago now. If I could have kept it AND built the new one I would have!!!

The new car is also an RMC, with a bit of VCF (Venom), ProSport, and my own bodgieness thrown in for good measure

I don't think even the U.S. magazines are any good for help with the assembly of cars.

Good luck with yours when you get it,
Craig

Last edited by 750hp; 04-18-2002 at 01:10 AM..
Old 04-22-2002, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

i think you are better off with your hot rod mag as a suppliers list. i have not found a useful one yet. plenty of info on this forum though if you have the time to look.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sloth,
saw your car the other day,looks great,i love the paint job
i took a few pics while i was there.i'm ordering mine in july!
and im running a toyota quad cam v8.

michael
Old 04-26-2002, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Michael - is that a VH Commodore in your photo gallery?
Old 04-26-2002, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Craig,

yup sure is, i was really impressed with this setup it has the radiator in the boot with twin thermo fans awesome,it was on the micks metalcraft stand

----------------
michael

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: