Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-26-2002, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to MoonDog
Not Ranked     
Default Help with Wheel/Tyre selection

Could use some help.

Have decided to go the 17 inch wheel route.
looking for 17" 10 & 8

It seems the selection of wheels is fairly limited once you go above 8" in width.

The only ones I have been able to find so far are the Simmons (4 choices). And the tyres recommended are the Falkens..

The Simmons wheels are not fully polished (polished rims only).

Not looking for chrome, but would prefer fully polished wheels..

I am sure lots of you guys have been through this selection before and I would appreciate some ideas/products.

I know there are a few Cobras shod with 17's..

Thanks

Moondog..

moondog800@yahoo.com.au
Old 07-29-2002, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default 17 inch wheel

HiYa Moondog,
There is a mob in Sydney, well, NSW some where

I think the name is austwheels/ozwheels something like that.
They make a halibrand replica cobra wheel, I know they have 15" and 16" but I dont know about 17".
They make bolt in centers and welded in centers. The rims are american supplied polished alloy, with a huge variety of widths.
Quality is quite good, someone in NSW made a pattern for the center and this fella now manufactures the wheels and a matching polished alloy spinner. They were about $1700.00 for a set of 4

hope this is of some help
Old 07-29-2002, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default wheel route.

MoonDog, Another possible:
The attached pic is of a 15" wheel By Neals Wheels in Sydney too.
It is a chrome steel rim, a little heavy and chrome takes a heap of looking after depending on the quality. Dunno if they have a 17"
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2002, 05:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Hello moondog,

Don't guess you are interested in getting some from the US. Just in case you may be, I have some from Compomotive and some from Team III. They are OK; the Compomotives are much more expensive and prettier. The "get-in" price for 17x9-1/2 and 17x11 is about $1350US w/o spinners and goes up to about $2300US.

Tire choices for 17" are very good in the US and include Michelins at the top for street tires and many others in a wide variety of sizes and speed ratings up to 186mph continuous, and Victoracers etc for the track - see tirerack.com

If you need web sites or other info let me know.

Regards,

Tom
Old 07-29-2002, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Cool

Moondog, I don't know whether your an ADR concious person because if you are alot of these wheels are not ADR approved i'd probally say 80-90% and that being the case it's often one of go tos' the insurance company will look at if theres a chance of not honouring a policy.

Forgetting all that dribble i've got 17" Dragways known as DB51'S
17X8,17X10 Shod with 245's and 305's around $2500 from memory available in any offset and ADR / Engineer approved.

These wheels are a spun alloy rim (US Imported) 17" centre is CNC'D from an alloy billet,16" and smaller are a machined cast centre. They all come with spinners and pollished pull through nuts and they are an awsome looking wheel with the machined surface just gleaming and throwing light in every direction,i considered polishing these wheels but the finish was to good to touch.
The picture below is not great though youcan see the polished look they have, these are 16"wheels,

good luck in the search Paul
Attached Images

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: