Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2002, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Question OZCOBRA - where are you???

Paul, can you please email or PM me? I'd love to get a contact phone number for those Bridgestones....

"I need some tyres with grip"
Old 11-08-2002, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, we havent heard much from Ozcobra lately and were starting to get a little worried. Doug Pearce who owns the factory where our cars are being built spoke to Oz's fiance a couple of weeks ago and apparently he has had a minor stroke! Word is that he is recovering but we dont really have much more info than that, I will keep you posted when i get more info. Get well soon Paul, I miss our Pizza nights at Dougs!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 11-09-2002, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy,
Good timing. I received an email from Paul today. While I'm not sure exactly why he's been off colour, he still managed to get himself married so he must be improving. Geez - dodgy health, marriage and a honeymoon in "peaceful" Thailand...... How's that for a stressful month or two!!!

Paul,
Good to hear from you again. I hope you got the new "Mrs OZCOBRA" to agree to finishing the Cobra with you in short order.... Frosty had his cross ram Evans Cobra at Goulburn for the nationals, but he's going to advertise it for sale shortly Buying houses, establishing small businesses and building Cobras seemingly don't go too well together.

Craig
Old 11-09-2002, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh, and don't worry yourself about the tyres. I'll contact them directly thanks. I'll ask them if they would entertain a bulk purchase at a later date. I can just see myself using three sets of rear tyres to one set of fronts....
Old 11-09-2002, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

I read Andy's post and said outloud "STROKE!?!?!" I am relieved Paul is feeling good. Now he just has to finish the beast he is building.

Kris
Old 11-09-2002, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I want him to get well soon too, im sick of buying the pizza!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 11-09-2002, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy - what is it with this Doug guy??? Other than your car and Paul's, I've never heard of him! Your cars are set to be pretty spectacular cars when they're finished, so you both obviously have faith in the quality of workmanship in his cars. Is he a small enough operation that he just does business through word of mouth? I get the feeling that once your big block and Paul's cross rammed small block get out and about, that Doug's profile will be raised quite a few notches higher!!!

I hope that Paul's "stroke" was just a miscommunication.... Maybe his then fiance said that in a "stroke" of luck, that he had agreed to go ahead with the wedding. After realising what he'd let himself in for, maybe he just needed some quiet time to himself to contemplate and ponder what he'd just let himself in for....

In any case, I hope everything's fine!
Old 11-10-2002, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Talking

Hey guys how are you all??
Thanks for the thoughts i've just had to slow down a bit ,the honeymoon came just at the right time .
Talking about "COBRAS" i went to a real life cobra show in Thailand and to see these guys sticking thier fingers in the mouth of a 7 foot king cobra and then kissing it mouth to mouth was unbelievable (Damn crazy!!!).
Craig my typing is being observed so all i will say is your on the money about Mrs.OZCOBRA she is such a...........Loving,caring wonderfull person..................."C'mon honey don't be like that i meant every word"

Andy , mate sorry i didn't get back to you, i was a little snowed under with everything, i reckon my car must be against the wall again under all Norms bike parts i catch you soon ,I'LL BUY!!!!!!!!

Kris, the beast will be finished soon and i'm sure of one thing this car is taking a trip with me to the STATES!!!!see you soon...Craig are you in???
Old 11-11-2002, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul - I'm talking to a few companies at the moment about getting some sponsorship to enable 3 cars to compete in next year's Run'n'Gun. While the cars are over there, we'd just have to make sure they all make it to the DVSF3 I am REALLY hoping that we can have the shipping costs covered, and then we'll have your car along with Scott (OZVENOM) and myself. We'll have everything covered - a cross ram monster small block, a supercharged stroker small block, and a twin turbo 4WD Lexus tiny block!!! You think we might make an impression on the Yanks?!?

(I want to see how we go with Motec, Romac, Vortech and a freight company for sponsorship. I'm sure we'd get some media coverage for the companies, as well as raise some money for Team Jenny / CF. Any other companies that we should approach? I really want to make this happen, but without shipping costs covered I couldn't afford it...)
Old 11-11-2002, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome back Paul, good to hear from you mate!

Craig, Doug Pearce operates from a factory in Lilydale, Victoria and goes about his business without any fanfare or trumpet blowing, has been around cars for years and seems to come up with a solution to any crazy idea that us guys throw at him. From what I can see at the moment he is working on about eight cobras, all different manufacturers and doesnt try to talk anyone into or out of anything, just listens to what they want to build and builds it! He is also a great guy to get along with and is a wealth of information and without his help, my car would never be finished.

Old 11-11-2002, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Craig ,
I'd best pull my finger out and get this thing finished.Could you give me an idea of the dates for the events so i have some sort of time frame to work to it would be nice to get it sorted before making a trip like that!!I would think an selection of cars like that would blow anyone away!!!!! I've always said when the car was finished the one place i would be going was the States and i'm sure we can make it happen!!!!!!!
Please excuse my ingnorance to Team Jenny / CF could you bring me up to speed!!
As for sponsorship,Marketing and media i should have some very helpful and willing friends to speak too ASAP.
Could you PM your contact numbers and i'll call so that we're not crossing the same bridges.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul - don't worry. None of our cars are finished yet. Scott isn't sure if his 4WD setup will be completed in time. Worst case scenario, he'll have to make do withh 500 or 600hp through the back tyres!

Mine is being completed by Scott "as we speak". I'll need a few months to get the hang of this car before I give it hell on a racetrack.

Team Jenny and the Cystic Fibrosis foundation are the recipients of any and all funds raised during the DVSF events held each year in Ohio. DVSF2 was an unbelieveable event, and Scott, myself and Aussie Mike all made it there last June. Next year is 20th - 22nd June. DVSF? next year We'll have a lot more Aussies next year.

I've got to be honest, I'm a bit worried about the viability of attending Run/n/Gun from a sponsors point of view. There seem to be less and less cars each year, and the media coverage isn't too extensive. http://www.ffcobra.com/Events/rungun2002.htm In any case, the events are months apart. 16th - 19th October.

I've posted a thread on the main ClubCobra page to see if there are any other events that may provide greater exposure for the companies.

Craig