Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Aust. Cobra Club Website (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/22149-aust-cobra-club-website.html)

Bathrone 12-06-2002 09:38 PM

Aust. Cobra Club Website

The Australia Cobra Club website has a heap of 404s.

The main navigation frame, which they decided to use a Java menu for, the class is not found and it is impossible to navigate their web.

There is no email HREF to let them know, assuming they dont allready know. Anyway thought someone here might know who to contact to advise.

Sloth 02-05-2003 02:16 AM

it would appear not, my friend.

Bathrone 02-05-2003 03:02 AM

Sloth my post was 3 months ago, back on 06th Dec 02.

If you look under the posters name you can see the date panel of the post.

Cheers

Sloth 02-05-2003 04:34 PM

i know. it is just that i have a sense of humour.

:)

Bathrone 02-05-2003 06:54 PM

Hey Sloth, love your Cobra! Thats what Im looking at. Ians kit. Use the T56 Tremec and a GEN III, 330 genuine kws with head, cam and ECU tuning.

Cheers

boxhead 02-07-2003 02:35 AM

hey there Sloth, when can we see some more pics of your car and its build?

Sloth 02-07-2003 06:04 AM

soon.

Sloth 03-04-2003 12:37 AM

new pics are up on the site now. enjoy.

boxhead 03-04-2003 12:44 AM

Where are the new pics? i cant see them anywhere

Sloth 03-04-2003 12:46 AM

they are coming boxhead, patience. i did not expect anyone to be online and harass me so damn quick!!!

just trying to reduce the file sze now. give me five minutes.

cheers.**)

Sloth 03-04-2003 01:08 AM

all there now lads.

cheers.

STEPHEN BROHOLM 03-04-2003 01:24 AM

Sloth your car is looking fantastic.
I,ve seen your car a couple of times in the flesh at Ian's workshop. Hopefully I'll be able to commit to a Classic Revival some time soon.
I've heard some disturbing rumours regarding the building of an ICV in NSW, so when I find out some good news (fingers crossed), it will be full steam ahead.
Hope to see your baby on the road soon.
Cheers.

Sloth 03-04-2003 01:47 AM

what is an icv?%/

ac andy 03-04-2003 01:55 AM

individually construted vehicle, eg kit car. Not a car built in commercial numbers.

Sloth 03-04-2003 02:02 AM

oh. and that is bad? all i care about is doing a burnout. like the dude at this link.....

http://www.xr8chic.com/images/summer...out_truck2.mpg

STEPHEN BROHOLM 03-04-2003 02:16 AM

I've heard two different potential law changes in NSW, however until I get a straight story from the RTA ,I won't know what to believe.
The first change requires all new ICV's to have either a 2003 motor and engine management system ,or at least pass the 2003 emmisions test. (Big bucks).
Secondly a more serious problem that actually makes the first change irelevant, is the banning of any chassis built by an independant manufacturer.This is third hand information that I hope is incorrect! It would be impossible for somebody in NSW to build and register their own replica in NSW from now on. The only solution for NSW residents , would be to either register the car interstate with an out of town address(too hard), or buy a pre-loved cobra with existing registration.
Hopefully one of you guys might be able to tell me some good news, or at least have an idea of whats going on in the wonderful and democratic state that I live in.
I suppose I could always move!

Sloth 03-04-2003 02:29 AM

I have not heard of the Chassis issue, however i could say with a lot of confidence that it is rubbish.

The engine you use HAS to be from a current production car. That is, if you want to use a V8 you can use a GENIII Chev from current series commodore/ute/monaro (my choice and they s__T on Ford anyway):eek: or you can wait until Ford release their new V8 and try and buy one for under $20k (not).

Other choices would include v8 from Toyota Landcruiser :LOL:

or seriously from a Lexus or BMW or something.

Go the Chevy i say. Or move to QLD where you can get anything registered. Just look at some of the rustbuckets we see on our roads coming from God's Country!!

I hope this stirs a few Aussie posters up..... I am going away for a week now!!!:LOL: :3DSMILE:

cheers.

ac andy 03-04-2003 03:01 AM

I know there was a rush on to get cars through the engineers down here just before christmas, so i think the ruling down here is as long as you can prove the car was started before Jan 1 2003, you can use existing engines. Anything started after that date and you need to use a new motor. Wont be long before we have to use airbags and other stuff like that i reckon.

STEPHEN BROHOLM 03-04-2003 11:41 PM

Common sense tells me to stick to a Gen III aswell , for its performance and value for money. However I feel I'd still like to stick to a Ford powerplant. Until now ,my first choice is the 4.6 quad cam Mustang motor . The engines I,ve come across are from 2000 . My question is will they still pass current regs? Will a MOTEC computer be acceptable for these new regs? If not my only source for engines are from the FPV stable. The biggest problem is getting prices for either ths Boss 260 and 290.Neither FPV or Ford spares have been helpful.I'm going to make some phone calls to the RTA tomorrow with the hope of getting some answers.Keep you all posted .

STEPHEN BROHOLM 03-06-2003 02:38 AM

I received an email from the NSW RTA today , indicating that ADR79 had been implemented as of 1st of January 2003. The only problem is ,I have been told to find out the full details of ADR79 from the department of transport & regional services in Canberra.
I've sent them an email tonight with the hope of finding out the facts once and for all.Keep you guys posted.