Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2003, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     
Default New Pic's, Superformance.

G'day all, thanks to Aussie Mike i on to my P plates on using this site and can now up load my pic's, Enjoy.

It's been over a year now that this project has been on the go, with as per recent listing im at shoe stage wih some piping also required under the hood.

Turned the key today with side pipes connected and hairdryer running belt only, was a tad noisey, but what a sound.
P.S we all had this really cheeky grin on though...

Old 05-09-2003, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Looking good!!!!! I haven't seen many Prochargers in the country, let alone on a Cobra! Is it noisier than you were expecting? Is the blower driven by the crank pulley or another pulley? When is your car going to be registered?

By the way, when I read this thread, your little photo icon wasn't appearing beside your username. Here's the direct link to the photos.... http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...=16256&thumb=1
Old 05-09-2003, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     

Craig, so Aussie Mike told me its connected to the crank via the serpentine belt, it sounded noisey in the event, it was the first time it was cranked up and with out any ducting the wistle from that turbine was amzing.

She's all reg'd up and awaiting the feet with big brakes, think they are talking about 340mm disc's?.

P.S like your rig, can understand why you need a full roll bar...

what size, brand tyers are you running.

Regards Garrett
Old 05-09-2003, 11:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I better jump in here and add a few words. I'll start with "Awesome" The nose the blower make is just mental. When it fired up the first time it was like that scene in Mad Max where they fire up the interceptor the first time "Sshshshe she's th th the last of the V8s...sucks n nnitro!!"

The whine from the blower was pretty loud but it wasn't ducted to anything, just free spinning. Once all the ducting is in place and the bonet shut it should be a fair bit quieter. Still you will certainly be able to tell it's blown when you pull up next to it.

I thought from the first pics I saw that the blower was driven by the main serpentine belt. It's actually driven by another pulley which bolts onto the front of the crank. It's a neat install, if you put one on a regular car you would be able to retain all of your power accessories ie A/C P/S. After looking at the installation I'm thinking more and more about a blower in the future rather than 8 throttle bodies.

Garrett's car is probably the nicest Cobra I've seen down under. It'll be an exceptionally schweet machine when It's on the road.

Judging by the size of the grins on these 3 blokes faces, you will be able to tell which one is Garrett.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 05-09-2003 at 11:44 PM..
Old 05-10-2003, 01:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey ,they put your steering wheel on the wrong side!!!

If you can't afford what you want to buy, pick up a book and learn how to make it.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Garrett - I have Yoko A520 tyres - 245/45/17 and 285/40/17.

C'mon guys.... you have me intrigued now! I thought the LS1s had a press on balancer that made it difficult to add any other pulleys to the crank. I think the Commodore blower conversions run the blower via the pulley on the power steering pump.

I was wondering about the noise - I've heard a few ATI cars in the States, and they certainly weren't quiet Mike - the ducting and closed bonnet will likely do little to silence the noise of the blower. I thought that mine would be quieter with the bonnet and ducting inplace, but at part throttle, Scott could still hear the blower over the exhaust while I was up at the racetrack on Wednesday.

I look forward to seeing this car in the flesh!

Craig
Old 05-17-2003, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: .
Not Ranked     

you guys with the superchaged engines who did you get to design and build your engines?
Old 05-17-2003, 03:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I based mine on a pretty well proven combination that some Mustang drag racers were using with success. I've changed a few bits and pieces to make it live a longer life on the street and for circuit races.

R&E Racing in California built it.

Ian Wells Automotive in Brisbane checked it over.

Cragar Performance dynoed it. http://www.cragarperformance.com.au/