Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   It's running . (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/44432-its-running.html)

OZVENOM 08-17-2003 01:50 AM

It's running .

1 Attachment(s)
I Finally got the cobra running again after 2 weeks solid work (hope none of my customers who are waiting for me read this).
It sounds a bit strange but should go good .

I still have to fit the big injectors and fuel rails also the rising rate regulator but most of the hard work is done.:3DSMILE:
feast your eyes on this.

347 08-17-2003 02:01 AM

looks great :3DSMILE:
what sort of hp are you shooting for?

OZVENOM 08-17-2003 02:06 AM

lots.

347 i am hoping to get around 450 at the treads .
The turbo is rated around 600 hp the intercooler is good for 750 hp and i have enough injector for 800 hp .
i just dont want it to be a laggy pig thats why i only put 1 of the turbos on.:3DSMILE:

BMK 08-17-2003 06:46 AM

Must say I agree looks great:3DSMILE:

Must go **)

Bernie.

Bernie Knight
Mt.Gambier South Australia

Home of the famous Blue Lake and
"Weekend at Bernies" - like the sound of that :3DSMILE:

Specialk 08-17-2003 09:56 AM

Scott,

That is pretty wicked! I have been wondering how you were coming along. Don't be afraid to show more pictures when you do more updates. :)

750hp 08-17-2003 04:27 PM

Looks great! I like the way the pipe from the wastegate merges into the zorst. Does the turbo make a different sound, or is it the single working sidepipe that's doing it? Are "we" going for a drive in it today? **)

OZVENOM 08-17-2003 04:35 PM

not sure.

Hi kris thanks i cant wait to take it to the track and give it a bit of curry.

Craig i have to refit the front cut out for the zorst and cooler pipes . i am not sure weather its the turbo or the side pipe .
have to wait and see what it sounds like under load.
at least i wont go deaf driving it around.:3DSMILE:
C Ya L8TR

750hp 08-17-2003 05:07 PM

I reckon it might sound pretty special under load!!! :)

Who said you needed to fit the lift-off front to take it for a drive?!? ;)

I just noticed to splitter to get cool air to your radiator. How thick is that plate? As you remember, we were planning on doing that to mine, but to be honest, it hasn't needed it yet. Then again, it's not summer yet either.....

OZVENOM 08-17-2003 11:03 PM

wholy smokes.

Well i just got back from a quick test drive to make sure everthing is sealed and working fine i was just going to drive softly no boost . HAHA well it makes boost fast and lots of it . even in 4th at about 1/3 throttle i started turning the tyres at 80 klms by the time i backed off i was doing 140 klms.:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:
You couldnt wipe the smile of my face with a base ball bat.

GO the turboGO THE TURBO :3DSMILE:

750hp 08-18-2003 03:39 AM

Yeah Scott, of course you weren't planning on making boost....%/ :rolleyes: Glad to hear it's doing everything it should, and more - even with:
injectors too small
fuel pressure too low, and
too much timing.....

You sure know how to test the durability of an engine, don't you!!! :p :3DSMILE:

I've heard it, so I know it SOUNDS good, hopefully I can FEEL how well it goes tomorrow!

Rebel1 08-18-2003 05:02 AM

One Word

WOW!! :D

Now..put a blower on one :3DSMILE:

REPTYL 08-18-2003 07:42 AM

Wow!!..that a house worth of stom water down pipe you have there.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BMK 08-18-2003 07:52 AM

Hey Jason,

I think these guys are getting serious up there. Must be careful.

Could be a real battle in Goulbourn. Tyres and tread will be the least of the problems. :eek:

Sheep stations or banana plantations are now at stake :3DSMILE:

Cheers :3DSMILE:

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia
Home of the famous Blue Lake

REPTYL 08-18-2003 08:00 AM

They have to get serious Bernie.
The Vic's have raised the performance bar so High.
We all know the QLD boys can build pretty cobras.
But when it comes time to perform out on the track, they're no were to be seen.
Time to put the handbags down boys. Trevor, Laurrie, john and all the Big block Robnells from Vic are looking for some competion at this years Nats.:D

750hp 08-18-2003 10:20 PM

Jason - where do things stand regarding tyres for the track? Are slicks allowed? By the way, is there a listing of track times for last year available online? Nothing sinister in that, I'm just interested in seeing how the Cobras compare to some lap times that I see other cars doing on SpeedWeek.

750hp 08-18-2003 10:22 PM

.... and who are Trevor and John? I remember Laurie Bongalis (sp?) from WW a few years back. Any photos / specs on the other two guys?

OZVENOM 08-19-2003 02:07 AM

the vics with stick

are Craig that would be trevor kilpatrick and john cinni. with trevors being a big block and john with twin turbos.
(little ones though)

up date nearly got the reg and injectors fitted.:3DSMILE:

750hp 08-19-2003 03:37 AM

Scott, I spoke to your better half tonight about the Motec. Shane's taking his 500 cube '65 Impala out to Willowbank Raceway tomorrow night (Wednesday).

Do you think there might be a turbocharged Cobra lined up beside him in the staging lanes??? :3DSMILE: Don't race him, though - for all the money that he's spent, I think it'd break his heart for an internally stock toyota motor to beat him..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll drop through around lunchtime to make sure you're taking your car up there ;)

REPTYL 08-19-2003 06:56 AM

No slicks allowed at the nats.
I think Trev did a 01:02 last year.
6.8 litre with a whipple charger.
Black with a huge super sedan wing on the back.
Looks like the batmobil.

750hp 08-19-2003 07:18 AM

Jason,
I'll likely not be able to make it AGAIN this year, but why wouldn't slick tyres be allowed on a racetrack?!?:confused: %/