Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2003, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     
Default Windscreen bezel locations

I am installing 3 wipers using a Lucus wiper motor that has a 110 degree wheel. Does anybody know the formula that is used to locate the bezels?
Thanks
Old 08-25-2003, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Shelby 400

Whilst I may be little help Don Pilling in Queensland at Snake Bite has recently supplied my wiper assembly - two blade - he is currently supplying and also installing his own three blade units.

Sorry but my measurement for the two blade are at 440 centres, that is 220 in either direction from the centre. However this does not obviously give the coverage % you get from a 3 blade setup.

I am reluctant to say put one in the centre and then go 220 either way as there would be a heap of overlap.

No doubt you will get some response from the Thread but this will give you a starting point and perhaps the centre and 220 is correct.

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-26-2003, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Shelby400, I see this is your first post so I have to say Welcome to the forum. It's good to see another Aussie on here.

Cheers

Old 08-26-2003, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default Wipers

I can confirm what Bernie said about the distance from center in a two blade wiper setup. ie. 220 mm from center to each bezel.

However, I have a 120 degree sweep motor which is what seems to be the desired angle for 2 wiper setups. This motor parks to the right, therefore wipes the whole area in front of the driver. This angle allows a good overlap of the blades and wipes to approx 100mm of the far left of the screen

You can change the sweep if you want. see here:

http://www.erareplicas.com/427man/wiper/index.htm

I dont know the distance from center for a three wiper system but I do know that the motor must wipe a lesser angle. If it didnt the left wiper would wipe off the screen if using a 120 degree motor. I suspect they use the 110 degree motors (maybe less) in the 3 wiper systems, but not sure.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Thanks for your welcome and replies. I have been building my baby for a year now and I can't believe that I have only just found this forum. If I had of known sooner it probably would have saved me a lot of heartache.
Does anybody have the contact details for Snakebite in Brissy?
Old 08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default Snake Bite

Sure can Shelby..here it is:

Snake Bite
Don Pilling
Unit 3, Fernrow Place
227A Brisbane Road
Labrador, QLD. 4215

Phone/Fax: 07 5529 0877

Don makes all the little trinkets we hang off our cars. Supplies Windscreens, makes roll bars, imports lucas switches....lots of the nice shiney stainless stuff...nice fella too as is all Queenslanders

Old 08-26-2003, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the club ! There's a bit of an imbalance here at the moment, with far to many Victorians outnumbering everyone else. As such, I'm lad to see that you live north of there !!!

How have you gone with fitting the Lexus motor? If you need a wiring harness, OZVENOM on here has recently had an article in ZOOM magazine for his Lexus looms. He's fitted a few Lexus' (Lexii) to Cobras up here, either standard, single or twin turbocharged. It's safe to assume that he can help you along the way if you need it.

Windscreen wipers.... Ummm, well..... here's a photo of my proprietary hidden wiper modification... Sunny Queensland, you understand
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2003, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, I had a system like that on one of my first cars. The wiper arms used to vibrate offf their splines and fall onto the bonnet. when they were running. You had to then slow down carefully and reach out the window and grab it before it fell on the road. In the end I took to keeping the wiper arm down by the drivers seat and if it rained stick my arm out the window and use the wiper arm by hand. Thankfully my enginering skills have improved since then.

Hey, don't you go Hijacking him. NSW, that's down south we'll have to call him an Honourary Victorian.

Scott (OZVENOM) is definitely our Lexus V8 guru. He does some incredible work and is well worth talking to.

Shelby400, I hope you have your entry in for the nationals in Goulburn around October time. There's a posse of us Mexican Bandidios and a bunch of them Banana Benders going to be there. It should be a hoot and it would be good to meet you there.

Cheers

Old 08-26-2003, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As soon as I got Snakebites number I called him and in about 5 minutes I had the instructions via fax in my hot little hand.

I will be at Goulburn but without my baby. Hopefully I am going for compliance at the end of September. NSW RTA is not known for it speedy service. As you all know, the ADR rules change at the end of the year so I have been pulling out all stops to get it to a rego

The Lexus at the moment is stock standard for compliance reasons. Once rego is assured you will have to look out for further developments. And then look out Paul Gillis. 450kw Ha.

Last edited by Shelby400; 08-26-2003 at 10:39 PM..
Old 08-27-2003, 12:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Oi Mike

Whats this Honourary Victorian thingy??

He's half way between us...actually closer to us Banana Benders.

Sooo, I propose we split him...we'll take his car...you can have the person.

Last edited by Rebel1; 08-27-2003 at 12:46 AM..
Old 08-27-2003, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

So, 400. Have you heard that Scott has recently put a couple of larger turbos and a 600x300 intercooler on his car??? Should be a good thing now

Les, sure - we'll have his car. After it's finished!!! I've had enough of looking at unfinished projects. Mine was that way for nearly three years...
Old 08-27-2003, 01:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yeah Craig...but.

WE got the best cobra putter-together fella there is.

He's even got a heap of experience with those little imported motors.

Just give it to Scott.....he'll get it goin
Old 08-27-2003, 04:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Les, Victoria is downhill from Sydney so with an unfinished car he would roll here quicker!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 08-27-2003, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No problem with the motor. It purrrrrs like a kitten. These motors are being used more and more because of the brilliant potential.
Do you realise that the Gen 3 Chev is 45% bigger in capacity than the Toyota V8 but only produces 14% more power. Not bad for a little imported motor in standard form.

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 08-27-2003, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Woohoo!

You tell em Shelby

Dont you let them chevy fellas try justifying their oil starved small blocks to you.

You can be nice to us ford fellas tho...well, any one from Queensland really cuz we use a lot of those Lexus mills too.

Scott has done a heap of work on them and they sure do perform.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oil starved!!?? Well at least it's not leaking it all over the ground like a Ford

There's a few of us who are fans of the Lexus V8. I reckon they are a great motor and are very good value for money. Check out this thread we had a while back on this very subject Bang for your buck

Cheers

Old 09-01-2003, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Glad some headway was made with the wiper bezel question.

Yeah, Don up in Queensland is very helpful and does not mind helping as I asked a question or two.

Really must get Jason or someone to organise a meeting spot for all of the clubcobra surfers in Wakefield Park

I will be easy to find, as Jason suggested I wear the stripe suit and my size 42 red shoes Yeah real low key Jason.

But Jason it gets me free food at the local

Cheers all

Bernie

Bernie Knight

Mt. Gambier South Australia
Home of the famous Blue Lake
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Do you want fries with that?

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 09-01-2003, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default fries??

I thought all these fast food fellas have gone all healthy..like salads and stuff.

Of course Don is very helpful ... he is a Queenslander.

Just returned from the Gold Coast where I collected some shiny stuff from Don. Got some lunch..not that healthy green stuff, but some chicken from KookaChook or RoastaRoosta and ate it at a sidewalk cafe.

Gawwwd.....the ladies dont wear much at Surfers anymore. There was this lil blonde with big t$t$ ... then there was this leggy brunette in this string outfit.

Had to leave or I would have joined our red headed fish vender at the Government health farm.

On the way out of the mall .. found this shop which sold adult toys and had a wall full of vibrating things, hundreds of em ..... feel somewhat inferior now.

Man..have I lead a very sheltered childhood