Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   G'day from Oz (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/47559-gday-oz.html)

NASSTY 11-25-2003 03:02 PM

G'day from Oz

Hi Guys,

Just signed up with the Cobra Car Club of Victoria (Australia). I have been looking at this forum for the past month since the Cobra Nats (which were great!). Info that you guys have posted has been very helpful.

I took delivery of my RCM about two months ago.

Still got a long way to go!

No doubt you will be hearing from me over the next few years; hopefully it will take less than that.

:LOL:

Cheers

REPTYL 11-25-2003 05:17 PM

Good to see you online Al.
Welcome aboard (clubcobra & car club)
:)

Adrian S 11-25-2003 05:55 PM

Hi Al,

Welcome. I'm guessing you have got your license plates already but probably a long way off attaching them to anything mobile. I remember meeting you and your wife at the Nats and thought "yep, that was me 12 months ago".

Between this forum and the Cobra Car Club, you are in good hands. The support I've had during my project has been tremendous. Quite often when I was pondering over a problem someone would turn up (usually Rob Hamilton) to offer ideas and assistance.

Where in Melbourne do you live?

What engine, trans have you got picked out ? and the all important question....what colour ?

Cheers,
Adrian.

NASSTY 11-25-2003 06:41 PM

Jason, well done for Sunday. Great to see so many Cobras, including an orginal, in one place.

Adrian,
You guess right about my plates. I live in the S.E burbs. As for engines etc, that's still in the air at the moment. With Euro2 regs I can only use an AUIII V8 (getting very hard to get) or same year Gen3. Transmission will be a 4 speed auto. I figure changing gears will be a waste of time after I put a blower on. Colour - not fixed yet but at the moment I'm swinging towards a colour called raven; sold black with a blue tinted clear coat. Looks like a raven's wing in the sun. Still lots of decisions to be made but going alone to Cobra meets is certainly helping!

Aussie Mike 11-25-2003 06:58 PM

Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum and the club.

If you need any Gen3 help there are a few of us on here that have been playing around with these motors.

Cheers

NASSTY 11-25-2003 08:09 PM

Thanks Mike.

Where would you get engine mounts made up from for a Gen3. Laurie is Ford through & through so he is concentrating on fitting the BA Boss V8 instead of Gen3's. Only problem with the Boss is it's really BIG and heavy! It needs mods to the footwells (if they arn't small enough) and bonet (say good bye to original shape) to fit the intake manifold. A Gen3 would slip straight in.

Cheers

Aussie Mike 11-25-2003 09:08 PM

The Gen3 is an incredibly compact V8 for it's capacity. I think an auto would be your only option with a Boss 5.4 'cause you aren't going to get 3 pedals in your foot box :LOL:

Have a look in my gallery as there are a bunch of pics of the LS1 and you can see the mounts. I'm using the Corvette mounts and the brackets on the chassis couldn't be easier. I can give you allmost all the dimensions for chassis brackets to suit this set up as I drew them up for Doug Pearce a while back.

Cheers

NASSTY 11-25-2003 10:28 PM

Mike,

That would be great if you could email to me the dimensions of the brackets. My RCM chassis is similar at the front (except for the Jag front end) to your CR. It would be worthwhile to have a look.

How founded are the reports of piston slap and excessive oil consumption for the Gen3?

Cheers

Rebel1 11-25-2003 11:27 PM

Welcome Al.

(whisper to oneself) sheezz...another victorian talkin chev :LOL: :LOL:

750hp 11-26-2003 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NASSTY

I figure changing gears will be a waste of time after I put a blower on.
Yeehah ! Anyone building a supercharged Cobra with an auto is more than welcome here ;)

Here's a 4.6 in a Cobra engine bay. It certainly fills the gaps....

http://home.austin.rr.com/degs/motor2.JPG

BMK 11-26-2003 01:20 AM

Hi Al

:3DSMILE:

Welcome to the club and 'the club'

Good luck in your search for information as you build your car.

I have not purcased a magazine since I found the Forum.

%/

Enjoy looking at the members cars and the cars for sale.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" - March 13th and 14th

NASSTY 11-26-2003 02:21 PM

Thanks for all your warm welcomes.

Craig, I've checked out your web site - awesome!

Cheers

REPTYL 11-26-2003 03:26 PM

Al, I know you’re only new at this so I'll give you a few pointers.

If you start being nice to the Queenslanders like that,
They tend to start hanging around more often.

They may even start seeing themselves as equals.

We must be careful.
:LOL:

NASSTY 11-26-2003 04:56 PM

Thank goodness we're separated by NSW!!

REPTYL 11-26-2003 06:02 PM

your gunna fit in here just fine Big Al:D

Rebel1 11-26-2003 07:06 PM

Hehehe, Al, Good onya mate :D

As the Rotisserie kid mentioned..you will fit in well. .:JEKYLHYDE

All the best in putting that car together

PCC 11-26-2003 09:40 PM

Welcome Al,

QLD / NSW / VIC who cares?

We all have one thing in common - crownies.

Enjoy the tech bits as well as the other crap that seems to float around from time to time.

750hp 11-27-2003 12:57 AM

It's all too much!!! I might have to have a rest. Something's amiss on ClubCobra.......

A Victorian was nice to me
and
Bernie replied to a thread and actually kept the discussion on topic, AND with a minimum of widely spaced smilies.....

WOW ! Things are progressing around here. ;)

Rebel1 11-27-2003 04:18 AM

Craig??.. I think they're up to something. :D

Do ya notice there is a heap more of them now? They're breeding like blu$$y rabbits. :rolleyes:

I even noticed their leader got about half a dozen, well, maybe 6 mentiones in SnakeTales. :p

They're becoming a force %/

BMK 12-04-2003 03:30 AM

Hey lucky

:3DSMILE:

We have a rabbit proof fence between Victoria and South Australia.

:confused:

I guess I sit on the fence - or border.

%/

The Cobra show in the park created a lot of interest and brought out a few closet Cobra fans and owners. I think we just about double membership numbers.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia

Border bandit **)